Rite of Spring '15: exhume our idols! bury our friends!

The_Admiral

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Richards, Vermette, Oduya, Rozsival, Carcillo, and Timonen are gone in free agency. Sharp, Bickell, and one of Raanta or Crawford will return picks and prospects. Versteeg may cost a low-level prospect to get rid of, but he'll be gone. Shaw could become redundant, Kruger less likely but the Bowmans will listen to offers. Maaaaaybe Seabrook goes if the offer is good?

It'll be interesting. Give me one more Cup and I won't care if they miss the playoffs next year; my expectations will have been beyond met and I get enough joy from the rest of the NHL that I can still stay engaged with the Jets, Islanders, Oilers, whoever else. Look at me, hockey bucfan.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Its almost as if they're being punished for drafting and developing talent so well. All I ask is that when they get it done, they do so in their vastly superior red uniforms.

Where was the fatigue with the Canadiens, Islanders and Oilers?

And those were the days they traveled by train and had to work on the farm in the offseason or were hopped up on coke, beer and chain smoking.

16 out of 21 teams made the playoffs for the Islanders and the Oilers, so the criteria for making the playoffs was "don't be absolute dog :censored: for the entire season." Not as much regular season pressure then. (OK Patrick was the 6 team division for the latter part of the Isles run, but still, not THAT hard.) Oilers just had to be better than the Kings or the Jets to get in-not hard. Montreal (and Toronto) did it in the Original Six era-one less round.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Oilers just had to be better than the Kings or the Jets to get in-not hard.

I agree with you in theory. In theory, communism works! In theory.

bPAUwwP.jpg

Man, you could score 446 goals in a season once. Now we're lucky if a team scores 223. Also, gaze upon how many times Winnipeg got kicked in the dick.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

admiral: The playoff format of the 80s didn't help Winnipeg.

If they were in the Norris Division or you had the top 8 playoff format of the 90s and 2000s, Winnipeg at worst gets to a couple of conference finals.

The playoff format of that era, while it created great rivalries, led to some VERY lackluster conference finals (Only three seven game series between 1982-1993) and the Norris Division only made the Stanley Cup Finals TWICE.

We should have an Edmonton vs. Calgary/Winnipeg Campbell Conference Finals.

And those were the days they traveled by train and had to work on the farm in the offseason or were hopped up on coke, beer and chain smoking.

I'm pretty sure teams in the '80s didn't travel by train, except maybe for short trips (NY-PHI, PHI-WSH, etc.).

I'm pretty sure teams in the '80s didn't travel by train, except maybe for short trips (NY-PHI, PHI-WSH, etc.).

The first part, travel by train and work on the farm, was for the Canadiens.

IbjBaeE.png

They were tired back then but today we are wimps in comparisson and complain about everything.

Especially when it comes to spelling. On all counts.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Exciting 46 minute penalty kill for the Blackhawks tonight.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

In this specific playoff field, the Blackhawks might as well be a dynasty.

They're going for 3 Cups in 6 Years ala Detroit back in '02.

They're so stacked up front, yet... you keep waiting for them to hit a wall. And they've logged more playoff miles than L.A.

In this specific playoff field, the Blackhawks might as well be a dynasty.

They're going for 3 Cups in 6 Years ala Detroit back in '02.

They're so stacked up front, yet... you keep waiting for them to hit a wall. And they've logged more playoff miles than L.A.

The wall is made of money, and they will run into it when the season's over.

You've been made aware of this multiple times.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

2013 was a lockout year. Instead of playing the combined 100 that teams that make deep runs do, the Hawks played only 71 that year. Although I'm presuming that guys played elsewhere during that lockout.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Archived