Rite of Spring '15: exhume our idols! bury our friends!

The_Admiral

I'm starting to cheer for Calgary. Not good. Not good at all.

I've been enjoying their work all year. They work hard, they're full of reckless youth, and just keep pulling themselves back up. They're a joy to watch, certainly more fun than the measured dominance of the Beige & Black Attack they're up against.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm starting to cheer for Calgary. Not good. Not good at all.

I've been enjoying their work all year. They work hard, they're full of reckless youth, and just keep pulling themselves back up. They're a joy to watch, certainly more fun than the measured dominance of the Beige & Black Attack they're up against.
The thing is, I would absolutely love this Flames team if it weren't the Calgary Flames. They are fun and hard working and everything I want the Oilers to be.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

With the way that puck skipped when it first hit Andersen's pad, the non-goal call was correct. Or rather, the inability to overturn what was called on the ice was correct. The angle that shows the white space is inconclusive, as from the angle with the puck in the air it is impossible to see if it's in or not.

But hey, it was closer than in 04. :)

Edit: broadcast just said the 45 degree angle had to be thrown out, pretty much for the reason I said above.

For OT, I have Monahan and Perry.

I don't know, nobody mentioned it.

Maybe the delayed penalty?

I hope not, that's a pretty obvious cross check. I heard the announcers say a previous non-call earlier in OT - If so, I must have missed that.

No one goes 16-0.

Gaudreau's game-tier was just a perfect shot. Nothing to do there. (Except maybe just give the penalty to Stajan and not to Despres, but whatever. It happened. Refs trying to keep the game in their control.)

Game-winner was just one of those. Seeing-eye shot through a whole mess of traffic. Delayed penalty on a dumb move by Stoner for extra traffic. Everyone tired because they couldn't clear it. Ducks got three great chances to open OT, but CalGary had all the momentum after that.

And the no goal was perfectly explained. Can't see it on the overhead. Angled shot you can't actually tell, especially because the puck wasn't flat.

See you Friday, Flames.

This is just so depressing. There's not a more arrogant fanbase in the league than Anaheim's and they needed to be taken down a peg or two or fifty.

What?

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Still Mighty: Tonight just showed why indeed nobody goes 16-0.

The last time any team went through the playoffs with only ONE loss- the 1976 Canadiens.

Last time a team made it with only 2 losses- 1988 Oilers.

Last Cup champ to only lose thrice- 1985 Oilers.

And you have to go all the way back to the 1960 Montreal Canadiens for the last unbeaten Cup champ.

And those teams are regarded among the greatest in hockey history.

In hockey, it's harder to win it all with so few losses than basketball, who have had plenty of champs with less than 5 playoff losses.

I was so exhausted from lack of sleep and Cubs Depression that I missed this damn finish. That was a goal. "Quack" is stupid (but it's not like there's a lot else to work with).

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

"BUT JOHNNY GAUDREAU IS SMALL HOW CAN SMALL GUYS SCORE GOALS IN THE NATIONAL HOCKEY LEAGUE?!" - HFBoards probably.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Archived