Unused Logos and Uniforms

18 hours ago, dont care said:

Could this be a no-contact practice jersey?

No because it's fully decorated with the stripes, patches, and nameplate. Auburn typically uses a plain orange jersey for QBs while the non-contact jersey has changed from orange to green and yellow and other colors.

31c6b5d3-ba52-460a-99ae-e9cb8b656e00-202

Untitled-design-602.png

dadc272d-e6ec-4c02-99bc-51577b4acf13-lar

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

On 10/1/2024 at 10:04 AM, Clintau24 said:

Couple of weeks ago I came across an orange Auburn jersey on eBay. It's the same cut and template as the white and navy jerseys worn at the time. Using a current roster player's name and number - and not even a star player at that - makes me think an entire set was all but ready to go. It's the first time I've seen one of these.

https://x.com/Clintau24/status/1817316642361135340

Looks like this would have been 2008, since that was the last year with that old SEC logo.  Maybe it was planned and got push back from some alumni? Who knows what caused this to not be worn in a game.

rAUPGPZ.png

All the original attempts at MLS branding still would work today if they were placed on some generic energy drink on the dusty shelves of a non descript convenience store in the bad part of town.

The solitary yellow stripe on the Wiz jerseys still gets me today.

• Like 1

On 10/16/2024 at 9:45 PM, Old School Fool said:

Did the Washington Bullets try white numbers in the 96/97 season?!

51PPCogwaDL._UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

No, it was a preseason thing. (if you look at the Harvey Grant card above the game looks to be The Forum in Inglewood). The Jazz had white numbers during the preseason as well on their road jerseys.  Not sure why?

bd78a9c21c1612dc06a34e38116357778a7a33d4

• WOAH 1

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

I think they were trying to do some 90s thing, with a name and an unmatched mascot. After all, what does a scorpion have to do with Clash? A horse with Burn? 

I hate it, and I hate the European change, all FC and SC and Athletic. 

They took something bad and made it worse. 

23 hours ago, Discrim said:

Huh, never knew Dallas was gonna be the Fury.  And what the heck do cobras have to do with rhythm?

There was a snake charmer in Aladdin a few years before and they were probably trying to piggyback on that recent surge in rhythmically-swaying-snake awareness. I'm just gonna listen to '90s dance music now though.

• Like 2

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Came across a Flames prototype Edge jersey. It isn't too far off what the final product ended up being, but the piping is more angular & connects to the sleeve stripes, there's no hem stripes, the Alberta shoulder patch is a square instead of a flag, and there's yellow in the collar. Hard to tell for sure, but it also seems to be missing the black pit stains.

spacer.png

spacer.png