San Jose Sharks

Detroit Red Wings (2009 Winter Classic)

USA Basketball (2012 Olympics)

plus

Cleveland Cavaliers

FC Barcelona (2014-15 shirt)

The Barcelona isn't an unused shirt, it's a low end "fan tee" from that season

On 4/22/2022 at 12:01 AM, DustDevil61 said:

I’m not sure where to post this, but I think this is the best place to mention this, but apparently there was a Baltimore Ravens “Throwback” quickly-pulled-from-production mini helmet that had the 1996-98 front-facing swooping bird on it (the same one that adorned the sleeves in that same timeframe) on eBay. (Sorry, as well—I got outbid on it. Lousy timing, ending during my work shift.)

This brings up a few intriguing questions: Did the Ravens ever plan on using this logo? Was it after the logo lawsuit, or was it supposed to be the primary logo?  Is this the closest the Ravens could legally get to the winged B-Shield, or was this a fabrication from someone wanting to trick someone into buying it?

Here are the screenshots for reference:

DlMjnh5.png

z1MVVpc.png

1in7QZd.png

I know this post is from months ago...but that's a custom helmet. It's a fairly modern Riddell Box (with modern NFL logo 2008-present), and the QB facemasks didn't get made until 2002 or so. Riddell never made a helmet with this logo (or the original winged B helmet) after 1998. Pretty sure all (or certainly most) Riddell decals weren't die-cut; there was always the extra clear vinyl outline of the logo, especially a logo like that. 

• Like 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm sure I'm in the minority but I love that Toronto jersey...I prefer that leaf and I like the double outline. I don' think the name-on-back font fits, but I otherwise really like it.,

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

5 hours ago, OnWis97 said:

I'm sure I'm in the minority but I love that Toronto jersey...I prefer that leaf and I like the double outline. I don' think the name-on-back font fits, but I otherwise really like it.,

The NOB was meant to match the wordmark from the logo.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Tomkesler said:

Met an old man in my neighborhood earlier today and he was wearing a Seahawks jacket. It must have been 40 years old. 

anyone ever seen this Seahawks logo before? I’ve lived in the PNW my whole life and never seen it. 

spacer.png

Snooping around, I found some hats which have this same logo on it;

s-l1600.jpg

spacer.png

So maybe it was just a merchandise thing the team had at one point?

• Like 5

4 hours ago, AgentColon2 said:

Love something like this popping up to inspire some sleuthing.

Trying to find more examples of this for other teams and not having much luck.

Dolphins version available at Poshmark.

Jaguars same style coat with original logo and no initial logo.

spacer.png

Cowboys with a DC logo.

spacer.png

Hmm. The Cowboys often use the D alone on sideline caps and the like, but I've never seen one with a C in the middle. Nice find.