Unused Logos and Uniforms

24 minutes ago, DTConcepts said:

n8qz3xyn4q371.jpg

Found this jersey on Mia Tyler's Instagram. No idea who she is, but she had this picture of an obviously unreleased Isles jersey. The NHL crest and logo stitching look too good to be fake, and I haven't found that jersey on any of the usual fake jersey websites. Maybe an alternate/RR for next year that just got leaked by an influencer a bit too soon?

Whether that jersey is legit or not, seeing this makes me wonder why more teams didn't go with a collar like it is on this jersey.    Looks so much better than what most teams went with.  Ottawa did it half way on their Centennial Classic jersey, which looked ridiculous.  The lighthouse doesn't look too bad on the front on the jersey.

Also, not completely sure, but that might just be Steven Tyler's daughter.  

• Like 6

1 hour ago, DTConcepts said:

n8qz3xyn4q371.jpg

I guess lighthouse logo was too crazy for Lou and this is why jersey was ditched, of course if it was ditched because we don't know what kind of jersey it is/was supposed to be.

4r2eer.png

21 hours ago, DTConcepts said:

n8qz3xyn4q371.jpg

Found this jersey on Mia Tyler's Instagram. No idea who she is, but she had this picture of an obviously unreleased Isles jersey. The NHL crest and logo stitching look too good to be fake, and I haven't found that jersey on any of the usual fake jersey websites. Maybe an alternate/RR for next year that just got leaked by an influencer a bit too soon?

I asked her where she got that jersey from.  It belongs to her boyfriend and it's custom made.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I got my hands on a prototype design for the Buffalo Sabres' 50th anniversary jersey. According to an article from the Buffalo News, it was approved by the Sabres' front office and was being tested on the ice, when owner Terry Pegula suggested it "needs more blue." I believe the slight wear on the jersey means that this was the jersey on the KeyBank Center ice.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Another unused prototype added to my collection today, the Vancouver Canucks' Millionaires jersey but with a lace-up collar instead of the V-neck the team eventually used for the 2014 Heritage Classic and a game in both the 2012-13 and 2014-15 seasons.spacer.pngspacer.png

• 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, DenverKing said:

Is this old news? I thought it looked more like a concept at first, but the designer’s website shows that he worked for the NFL previously and worked on the Jaguars and Dolphins rebrands as well. 

https://thelibertyline.com/2021/07/08/eagles-almost-changed-their-uniforms/ 

There are many holes to poke the concept designs with, but if we're going to cite the designer's website, he has the current Jaguars font listed on the 2013 uniform's page. 

7S9LxF4.png

• Like 1

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

1 hour ago, DenverKing said:

Is this old news? I thought it looked more like a concept at first, but the designer’s website shows that he worked for the NFL previously and worked on the Jaguars and Dolphins rebrands as well. 

That almost looked like a rejected Jet's uniform with Eagles Branding on it. 

1 hour ago, C-Squared said:

The Giants did in the 00's.

18371a_med.jpeg

Thanks!  I was sure it was the Giants, but couldn't find any visual evidence, so I figured it was a mandella thing (or whatever it's called).  Probably because I was looking at the pre-RBK era, figuring it was exclusively a Nike thing.

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

5 hours ago, DenverKing said:

It's the first I've seen of it (which doesn't mean it's not old news).  I like the general identity but not some of the uniform execution.

• Logo. Slight downgrade but not a sticking point either way for me.
  • Word mark. Slight upgrade, but not a sticking point.
  • Colors. Awesome.  A slightly less-awesome nod to the 1980s Bucks.  Love it.
  • Helmet. Upgraded colors downgraded wing.
  • Uniforms. Upgrade. Better font and clearer but trying a bit too hard with the sleeve-nameplate-sleeve design. Bot a big fan of the sweatshirt-gray uniform either.

Do I wish they'd have done this? Hell yeah.  Though ideally with the 1980s helmet.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

5 hours ago, DenverKing said:

After all this time the Chip Kelly Oregon connection is still be mentioned? I don't understand why everyone thought (and still believes) that just because Kelly was hired by the Eagles that he wanted them to look like Oregon. Did the 49ers have crazy uniforms when he coached there? Better yet, has UCLA done anything crazy? Chip Kelly just happened to coach at Nike's flagship school. NFL coaches have virtually no impact on uniform designs. Maybe they decide which colors will be worn, but ownership, the NFL and Nike is behind every redesign. It also takes 2 years for a full rebrand like this. If this was proposed in 2012 it would have been in the works since 2010. Unless the Eagles knew back then he would be their next coach and secretly had him working on uniforms.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Got my hands on unused NHL prototype number 3 in my collection: Vancouver's Stick-in-Rink alternate, but with thinner green stripes than the final design. Additionally, this is the only Stick-in-Rink with Naslund on the back as he left the Canucks in the offseason prior to the 2008-09 season to join the Rangers.spacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...