Anaheim Mighty Ducks Prototype

PUQo91y.jpg

SOURCE

On 9/1/2021 at 4:46 PM, TheRealPepman said:

Another Ducks Prototype

cwIrbQI.jpg

hVYwPmP.jpg

SOURCE

It's weird seeing both of these and see how yellow was originally intended, I guess, to be a larger part of the colours than it ended up being. I don't really like the extra use of yellow, especially not the numbers and NOB in the closer to reality prototype. I think it was the right move to just have it as strictly a logo accent colour. Also the right move to not go with the smaller duck mask, looks way worse.

Kind of neat to see how the crossed sticks-duck head logo was apparently something they worked with pretty early. I've always wondered how true the Eisner Fraternity rumor surrounding the logo (and the name) I saw on the internet many moons ago was, and I don't know if the earlier concept logo lends credence to it or not.

On 9/3/2021 at 8:05 AM, Sport said:

I've been watching a lot of youtube videos lately about the history and designing of Disney parks - that Ducks concept looks right at home with early 90's era imagineering. They probably referred to the hockey players as "cast members" and everything. 

Yeah, it's definitely giving off Disneyland Cast Member vibes.

• Like 1

IbjBaeE.png

3 hours ago, leopard88 said:

To me, that one both does and doesn't.  Making a large U in black (or more likely green) and a smaller one using the negative space seems very awkward to me.

To me it's a little bit akin to the Whalers logo with the H being made out of the negative space of the W and tail.  A lot would depend on what colors they went to - I'm not sure if it's clear that they were going to dark green / black with each of those.

As for the bottom left, it looks too much like a Rockets logo, at least without the context of any coloring.  And yeah - it looks like JH or JI.

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 hours ago, BBTV said:

To me it's a little bit akin to the Whalers logo with the H being made out of the negative space of the W and tail.  A lot would depend on what colors they went to - I'm not sure if it's clear that they were going to dark green / black with each of those.

That's a fair point.

That said, part of the brilliance of the Whalers logo is that it still works even if you don't notice the H.  If you don't pick up the U in this one, it's just a H with a weird appendage/tumor on one side.  The color choices would definitely make a difference here.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

44 minutes ago, leopard88 said:

That's a fair point.

That said, part of the brilliance of the Whalers logo is that it still works even if you don't notice the H.  If you don't pick up the U in this one, it's just a H with a weird appendage/tumor on one side.  The color choices would definitely make a difference here.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSYpgkQFONUBxD4QagN00d

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

4 hours ago, gosioux76 said:

Even though the "U" looks like a "J," I like the bottom left one, but only because it introduces the spear iconography. Could've done a lot with that. 

The rest of you are right, though. UH made the right choice. 

That’s a spear? I thought I was a rocket ship. Never have I ever seen a spear curve around 180 degrees around something.

I might be jumping the gun here, but the Cornhusker's white Blackshirts uniform they were supposed to wear at Wisconsin for Halloween last year have not resurfaced. One could expect them to maybe pull them out against Michigan/Ohio State, but at this point I think they've moved on. They wore the black pants for this set with their Black version of the jerseys against Illinois last year, and they've already worn their annual alternate against Buffalo. I haven't seen them being sold in the bookstore recently (they had a bit of stock left a few months ago) and they are not listed on the bookstore's website. They are being sold through the official Huskers online store, but that's all I've seen. Kind of weird seeing them unveiled and then never worn. Haven't seen it much on the college level, if at all.

2020-full.jpg

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

On 10/1/2021 at 11:58 PM, the admiral said:

If you love the aborted '93 Clippers design and the Oklahoma City Thunder, sure.

Well, he did design the '93 Clippers logo and his whole shtick is sniffing his own farts, so I think that's safe to assume.

• Like 6

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

On 5/20/2021 at 12:44 PM, Lights Out said:

This is apparently a Dolphins prototype from 2007. All I can say is yikes:

spacer.png

spacer.png

https://www.ebay.com/itm/114809408582

Turns out a few more of these showed up on eBay recently. Unsurprisingly, they're all just as ugly.

spacer.png

https://www.ebay.com/itm/255055541850

spacer.png

https://www.ebay.com/itm/255057719733

spacer.png

https://www.ebay.com/itm/255162012329

• Like 5

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, NolaBrass said:

The Vegas Golden Knights tried for about a year to design a truly gold alternate jersey. Here is a rejected one (source: it's now in my closet) that wound up being essentially the same shade as the Predators' Mustard Cat alternate jersey.spacer.png

spacer.pngAnother new addition to my collection (this is prototype number 11 for me): an early Vegas Golden Knights home jersey that lacks the detailing in the metallic section of the sleeves. The golden captain's C is another fun touch. Additionally, the inside collar matches that of the Adidas jerseys solely from the World Cup of Hockey. On the back, there is no Adidas logo, which is a bit bizarre.spacer.png

• Like 3

On 10/4/2021 at 2:58 PM, Lights Out said:

Turns out a few more of these showed up on eBay recently. Unsurprisingly, they're all just as ugly.

spacer.png

https://www.ebay.com/itm/255055541850

spacer.png

https://www.ebay.com/itm/255057719733

spacer.png

https://www.ebay.com/itm/255162012329

Shame the Vikings didn't have the same sense that the Dolphins would end up having.

• Like 7

• 1 month later...
On 10/13/2021 at 6:23 PM, QCS said:

Not sure if this is actually real, but this is supposedly a Hornets Christmas jersey that was never worn. I actually quite like it.

I'm sure there are plenty of these out there somwhere. I'd love to see a monochrome version of all teams' jerseys.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ⋔ 4 ℞ ℞ $ said:

All I can say is: "Vikes".

It's like the love child of the Broncos set and the old Vikes set.

• Like 3

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃