Movin' to the Sunshine: The 2015 NBA Offseason Thread

OnWis97

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, don't think I'm racist because the Hornets already have Cody Zeller and just got Spencer Hawes. Both of them also play PF/C, and have similar playing qualities to Kaminsky. If he was black I'd still be mad at the pick. The Hornets need scorers. Race doesn't matter, I just said it because they already have two players that are just about the same. It's nothing against white players. I'm just mad that they passed on Winslow, I guy I feel can be a strong asset in the league.

Fine. Then just omit the word "white" because it is superfluous and detracts from your argument, unless you think they selected him specifically because he's white (which I don't think you do). It seems the same people who (rightfully) complain about all black quarterbacks being labeled "mobile," even when they are, are always quick to throw out LOLZ SLOW WHITE GUY crap about the NBA. And there were a whole crap load of such people saying that about Kevin Love when he came out, but they've since forgot they ever said it.

That's fair, it was a brief lapse of judgment, but that's what years of rooting for a team that constantly makes bad draft picks and never seems to learn its lesson will do to you...

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

Gotta love the lil Knick fan who channeled his "inner Ralphie" (from A Christmas Story) and whip up fake tears after their pick and makes a vine too.

http://thebiglead.com/2015/06/25/knicks-fans-booed-loudly-when-kristaps-porzingis-was-announced/

IMG_20150625_181529_zps9a9ehbr2.jpg

First of all :censored: this kid for being every single bad stereotype about youth in America rolled into one.

As for the Porzingis pick, I can't say I know a whole lot about this guy since I don't watch European basketball so I will reserve my judgement until I see him play in the Summer League though I do fear what will happen to him in the post this season.

I hope for the best for him since it's not fun to be booed in front of your new fans on the biggest day of your life.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

The Sixers have three stud C/PF combo guys that were arguably the best players in their drafts, and everyone around here is depressed because of LA taking Russell (and because doctors still can't figure out what's up with Embiid). 20 big men and 2 guards...unbelievable

Gotta love the lil Knick fan who channeled his "inner Ralphie" (from A Christmas Story) and whip up fake tears after their pick and makes a vine too.

http://thebiglead.com/2015/06/25/knicks-fans-booed-loudly-when-kristaps-porzingis-was-announced/

IMG_20150625_181529_zps9a9ehbr2.jpg

First of all :censored: this kid for being every single bad stereotype about youth in America rolled into one.

As for the Porzingis pick, I can't say I know a whole lot about this guy since I don't watch European basketball so I will reserve my judgement until I see him play in the Summer League though I do fear what will happen to him in the post this season.

I hope for the best for him since it's not fun to be booed in front of your new fans on the biggest day of your life.

A lot of the hatred is because Porzingis is a project pick; he's talented but he's skin and bones and is going to need two/three seasons to really contribute and be a force. Jackson has been selling Knicks fans on the fact that even though last year was dreadful, they're going to compete for a playoff spot as soon as possible and drafting someone THIS RAW is literally the exact opposite.

Of course, I hate the Knicks so that delights me entirely. Phil has never had to be a team from the ground up so seeing him make this kind of pick, in direct conflict with everything he's been saying, is hilarious and validating.

GR30a5H.png

Unless they plan on making a big trade, these Celtics are a :censored:show. Hate this pick so much

Yall want Kaminsky? I'll take Rozier in a heartbeat.

It almost happened, good old Danny boy offered SIX picks, for #9. Who should I be mad at? The hornets for saying no or Danny boy for even thinking this up?

Unless they plan on making a big trade, these Celtics are a :censored:show. Hate this pick so much

Yall want Kaminsky? I'll take Rozier in a heartbeat.

It almost happened, good old Danny boy offered SIX picks, for #9. Who should I be mad at? The hornets for saying no or Danny boy for even thinking this up?

Danny Boy.

I'd need to see what the protections were on that pick, but holy crap I could be sitting on the pick for rookie LeBron and I'd probably think long and hard about taking that offer. If you're going to burn it on Kaminsky, JEBUS CRIPES YOU'RE DUMB CHARLOTTE.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Rakeem Christmas

What? This is a nom de guerre on par with Ron Mexico and Carlos Danger.

He wears #25 too. It's fun.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Rakeem Christmas

What? This is a nom de guerre on par with Ron Mexico and Carlos Danger.

He wears #25 too. It's fun.

So next time the NBA uses nicknames on jerseys, his has to be "December" regardless of the fact that nobody calls him that.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

The Toronto Raptors will put a D-League team in Mississauga starting this fall:

The Raptors are poised to announce they have acquired a D League team that will begin play this fall in Mississauga, according to multiple sources.

The team — to be named something along the lines of the Raptors905s as a nod to the suburban area code — will play out of the Hershey Centre and the official announcement could come as early as Monday, the Star has learned.

I guess that officially spells the end of the NBL's Mississauga Power. It was only a matter of time. Worst attendance of any sports team I've ever seen.

sig.png

What the Lakers did was far worse, assuming they really didn't disclose everything (and had they, there's no way anyone would have touched the bowling bum Bynum and set their franchise back 10 years). Either way, while it's certainly unethical, and should be punished if true, the docs that gave the physicals should be fired immediately for missing a damn fracture.

From what I recall, the Lakers had claimed that Bynum was ready to play, or close to it.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On the Cavs front, there are a few rumors going around, despite the LeBron James and Kevin Love Free Agency.

Today, rumors surfaced that the Cavs have an interest in Chicago's Mike Dunleavy. I think this would be a great move... especially if JR Smith is looking for 3 years @ $8 million per. Another rumor is Mo Williams making his return to the Cavs to be the back up Point Guard. Once again, if all they have to do is trade Brendan Haywood's contract.

For the Cavs, I think the best possible outcome, with all things considered, including the Salary Cap and Luxury Tax, in order of importance:

1. Resign Kevin Love.
  2. Resign Iman Shumpert (Yes, this is the biggest Free Agent for the Cavs, after Kevin Love).
  3. Trade Brendan Haywood for Mo Williams.
  4. Resign JR Smith for $6-7 million... $8-10 million per year is too much. Sign Mike Dunleavy instead.
  5. Find someone who can legitimately play Small Forward so LeBron can get rests during the season (this would be accomplished by signing Mike Dunleavy in lieu of JR Smith).
  6. Sign or Trade for DeAndre Jordan for Tristian Thompson (pipe dream).
  7. Resign LeBron James - This is last, because its a foregone conclusion he will be returning.

Reports are Tristian Thompson wants $15 million per year, for 4 or 5 years. There is no way in hell I am giving him that money. In my opinion, the guy is worth about $6 million per year... $8 million at MOST. He has no post up game, he has no jump shot, he has no floor game, he can't shoot free throws... Hell the guy doesn't even know if he is a righty or lefty. He basically is a rebounder... and that's it. Sure, he got a lot of extra possessions in the playoffs, but his 3-5 offense rebounds per game isn't worth it. He was matched up against Harrisson Barnes and Draymond Green in the Finals. If he wants max money, a max player would have gone for 30-20 against Barnes and Drummong at the Power Forward. Not even close. Giving Thompson that money will go down as one of the worst, crippling contracts in NBA history.

Ideally, the Cavs would find a way to Sign and Trade Thompson for DeAndre Jordan. It is rumored that Jordan wants to do short term deals, following the precedent LeBron set last year. This could lead to him making a weird maneuver this off season with the new Salary Cap and TV revenue coming in next season. The Cavs would have an unbelievable front court with Love, Mozgov, Jordan, and Varejao (if he can ever be healthy, which I pretty much determined to never to be the case). Again, I don't see it happening, not even in my wildest dreams... but it would be an epic move.

Potential Cavs roster in 2015-2016, Starter (Reserve):

• PG - Kyrie Irving (Mo Williams)
  • SG - Iman Shumper (JR Smith/Mike Dunleavy)
  • SF - LeBron James (-----/Mike Dunleavy/Alonzo Gee)
  • PF - Kevin Love (Anderson Varejao, James Jones)
  • C - DeAndre Jordan (Timofey Mozgov)

I believe these are all extremely capable moves, EXCEPT for DeAndre Jordan.

Its really is depressing thinking about DeAndre Jordan and the Cavs backup Point Guard situation. I believe in 2010 or 2011, the Cavs were offered Eric Bledsoe and DeAndre Jordan for Anderson Varejao. Cleveland has a terrible, terrible history of NOT making good trades. Unbelievable to think about where this team would have been with Bledsoe and Jordan.

http://deadspin.com/report-increasingly-desperate-kings-are-trying-to-lure-1714904761

Ha ha. The Kings sign George Karl and Vlade Divac, but they both suck, so now they want Calipari to be coach and GM, but he's no fool.

Nice job Vivek. And nice job Sacramento.

By the way, this isn't sour grapes for the botched Seattle move. Hansen turned out to be not great and the Seattle GM was supposed to be Phil Jackson, and we all know how that's goink.

Nick Rocks, indeed.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

DeAndre Jordan's only meeting with the Mavs and Clips atm iirc.

Like I said... Pipe dream. I'm sure if LeBron were to send a pitch to DeAndre, he would listen.

I think the Cavs have a real problem with Thompson. LeBron is actively campaigning to get Thompson the max deal - which he isn't close to deserving. The biggest issue is LeBron best friend is Thompson's agent. Its no mystery as to why LeBron is pushing for it. It is going to really hamper the Cavs. And once he gets that money, he will be untradable. No one will be willing to take Thompson back in a trade for the little amount of production he offers.

Archived