NHL Anti-Thread: Bad Business Decision Aggregator

The_Admiral

My issue with it remains that it's what, 40 miles from downtown? Hilariously underserved by public transportation? It's a Party Zone in the middle of nowhere, and it encourages people who go there to drive home pissed to the gills. It's a strip mall and an enabler all in one.

It's just like one of those "desert raves" from back in the nineties, only this time there's a Cabela's!

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I'll admit, I was in Phoenix this past weekend. (I was there to visit a family friend and I didn't go anywhere near Glendale) I checked the distance from downtown to Glendale, and it seems like it's no different than my drive to work, but because of it's western location and rush hour traffic, I can now see why someone from Scottsdale or Mesa would hesitate to drive there.

I saw, I came, I left.

But no one's watching on TV, either.

I'm watching tonight, though! I wish I weren't. The Coyotes are sludge on skates and there's hardly anyone there. I don't like it when hockey fills me with despair.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Decent turnout by Hawks fans for a Tuesday night in Glendale. They seem to handle the commute better than the locals do.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

westgatecitycenter01.jpg

This has such a weird science fiction feel to it. I feel like the whole thing is just a microcosm of the recession. Just a ziggurat of terrible ideas contained herein.

Are there condos? There have to be condos. Hopefully $500,000 one-bedroom condos. Probably an empty Krispy Kreme too.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Westgate is described as a super-regional[1] destination for shopping, entertainment, commercial office and luxury residential.

hahaha

Phase II will add an estimated 436,000-square-foot (40,500 m2) retail destination center and 105,000 square feet (9,800 m2) of "neighborhood retail" to be integrated into a 440-unit residential district.[5].

The development of future phases will be contingent upon market demand and is yet to be scheduled, although estimated completion dates range from 2010[6] to 2015 at a potential total cost of $1 billion.[7]

hahahahaha this is awesome

Westgate is described as a super-regional[1] destination for shopping, entertainment, commercial office and luxury residential.

hahaha

Phase II will add an estimated 436,000-square-foot (40,500 m2) retail destination center and 105,000 square feet (9,800 m2) of "neighborhood retail" to be integrated into a 440-unit residential district.[5].

The development of future phases will be contingent upon market demand and is yet to be scheduled, although estimated completion dates range from 2010[6] to 2015 at a potential total cost of $1 billion.[7]

hahahahaha this is awesome

No idea how they're going to accomplish all this if Mitch and Murray don't start handing over some of those Glengarry leads.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Yeah you can't see them in the picture there, but there are condo/apartments there.

Untitled-73.png

The complex is called Pillar at Westgate, if you're really interested in looking it up.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

I wonder if during the Holidays the AMC gets filled up with more people watching the latest Harry Potter or w/e Fall/Christmas blockbusters than there are people going to Jobing.com Arena for the Coyotes

/Yes I should be the last person to say something like that as an Islander fan

//No I don't care. That and once the Islanders get better fans will come unlike Phoenix

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

Also, because I know you all are interested in these things, I went to the Jets/Coyotes game on Saturday, and parking is still free. And as long as you don't turn down the "streets" that funnel you to the hockey parking lot, then you can park right next to the movie theaters and such.

Even if the Yotes started to charge for parking, people would either go across the street to Cabela's/Cracker Barrel or just park next to the movie theaters. Unless they want you to pay to park for the freaking movie theater.

I would like to live in a luxury condo in the middle of a desert. I would really like my luxury condo in the middle of a desert to be adjacent to a Jimmy Buffett-themed restaurant, a hockey arena, and Cracker Barrel. 9/11 ruined everything.

So, even though it's one block farther away, you can park for free for Arizona Cardinals games?

You know what I hadn't ever noticed or not, but I just looked it up on the Cardinals website. The parking lots around the Westgate Center are parking lots that you need a pass for. Season ticket holders get a pass and you can buy a pass for the game. But then it looks like there are some parts of the Westgate lots that aren't part of the parking pass area. (A majority of it is pass areas though.)

I've never really paid attention to all that part though, because I just drive by it when going to Cardinals games. My family has season tickets, so we have the parking passes.

There are some free lots not that much farther away that the Cardinals provide a shuttle service for too.

But really from what I can see, basically the entire Westgate area is practically made into a Cardinals pre-game area. In theory if there was someone who wanted to go see a movie or shop there or whatever during a Cardinals game (there are some people that DON'T like sports :lol: ), it looks like they probably just wouldn't be able to. Practically blocked off. It's only for 10 Sundays a year, so that's obviously much more manageable than 41 Coyotes dates.

He gazed up at the enormous face. Forty years it had taken him to learn what kind of smile was hidden beneath the dark moustache. O cruel, needless misunderstanding! O stubborn, self-willed exile from the loving breast! Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Gary Bettman.

I would like to live in a luxury condo in the middle of a desert. I would really like my luxury condo in the middle of a desert to be adjacent to a Jimmy Buffett-themed restaurant, a hockey arena, and Cracker Barrel. 9/11 ruined everything.

You'd never want for the finest hand crafted kitschy faux-Southern crap that was made in China.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

They say luxury, but then you have either the choice to pay $5,000 in monthly HOAs for the massage parlor and staffed bar or give it all up because it's only you and Greg on the third floor that live in the building, and Greg's kind of an :censored:.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Holy Christ... I was perusing the Coyotes website for tonight's attendance vs Chicago (11,051, btw), and I found an article today about the Coyotes changing the location of their morning skate from Jobing.com Arena in Glendale to their practice rink, Ice Den, in Scottsdale.

The Coyotes on Tuesday altered their game day routine from recent past seasons by holding their morning skate at the Ice Den in Scottsdale instead of at Jobing.com Arena.

Since the players live closer to the Ice Den than Jobing.com Arena, the thinking is it may be wiser to have them make the 65-mile round-trip from Scottsdale to Glendale only once instead of twice on game days.

“We just feel like we could accomplish more right here,” Head Coach Dave Tippett said from the Ice Den on Tuesday. “We’re always looking to try and move ahead and get better, and this is just something we’re going to try this year for a little bit.”

The players like the idea.

“I think it’s great,” forward Paul Bissonnette said. “It’s extremely more convenient in terms of travel and rest time. It’s a good routine.”

Coyotes captain Shane Doan likes the fact that the schedule is looser at the Ice Den and that there isn’t a rush to get off the ice so the other team can get on.

“You're always trying to find any advantage possible and if this gives us an advantage than I’m the biggest fan of it,” Doan said. “I do think it is an advantage (in theory), but the proof will be in the pudding.

The Coyotes lost Tuesday's game to Chicago, 5-2.

1) The players don't even like driving out there, apparently.

2) Shut up, Shane.

When Jesse Rogers is ripping on you, time to shut 'er down:

right now pretty empty.

Was thinking people in concourse like at UC...guess not. empty...

Good seats still available http://yfrog.com/h8fzcipj

Anyone want a suite? http://yfrog.com/kjeq0xwj

reminds me of hawks old days RT @TearinUpMyHeart: @ESPNChiHawks 11,000 at the game? Are they all in line waiting for the bathroom?

bonus, the essence of Jesse Rogers:

folks, u better listen to espn 100 tomorrow at 2 !!!

1000. oops