NHL Anti-Thread: Bad Business Decision Aggregator

The_Admiral

Oh for :censored: s sake burn the new realignment, tell Detroit and Columbus to get bent, and just move the damn team to Quebec (unless Columbus is about to die so the Coyotes can live out West). We aren't even putting the cart before the horse anymore, we're putting the cart, the wood that will be used to build other carts, and the :censored: ing barn before the damn horse.

• Like 5
On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

That's great. Of course the NHL won't give up on Seattle, even as the means to secure a NHL rink in the city have been shot down. Why did we ever assume that would make a difference to the idiots running this clusterf*** of a league?

Well, what the hell. I just threw in $20. Hopefully I'll not have to pay it out, but it's just $20.

Indiegogo is different from Kickstarter in that a campaign keeps its funding even if it doesn't reach its goal. So, yeah, you just lost $20.

These guys are kind of jerks. There's no way they'll reach $180 million, but they might collect a bundle in gag pledges from people who don't know better.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Indiegogo doesn't collect unless - and until - the full amount is raised, I believe. At least, that's what Gawker said the deal was with their Crackstarter campaign.

Also, "these jerks" are Lee.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Indiegogo doesn't collect unless - and until - the full amount is raised, I believe. At least, that's what Gawker said the deal was with their Crackstarter campaign.

Also, "these jerks" are Lee.

Maybe there are different types. I helped with an indiegogo that didn't reach it's goal but did collect funds.

I stand by my original description of the indiegogo account holder :)

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

It's a fixed funding, I don't collect unless we hit the full $180M.

I also don't expect to hit the full $180M.

Let's relocate them immediately to Shreveport, Louisiana.

Do they have an arena?

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Let's relocate them immediately to Shreveport, Louisiana.

Do they have an arena?

No, but Bossier City, which is just across the river, does.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

We're bringin' back the Mudbugs!

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Well, what the hell. I just threw in $20. Hopefully I'll not have to pay it out, but it's just $20.

Indiegogo is different from Kickstarter in that a campaign keeps its funding even if it doesn't reach its goal. So, yeah, you just lost $20.

These guys are kind of jerks. There's no way they'll reach $180 million, but they might collect a bundle in gag pledges from people who don't know better.

Actually, there are fixed and flexible funding packages on Indiegogo.

From the project page: "This campaign will only receive funds if at least $180,000,000 is raised by Fri 26 Jul 11:59PM PT."

I would love to bring back the Mudbugs, though, if they had better attendance than in Glendale.

Donkey shows have better attendance than Glendale.

I wonder if Mexicali has an arena.

You haven't been to Glendale, there is at least one Donkey Show going on in the Phoenix area as we speak that will get more attendance than the Coyotes :P

Hearing that Glendale isn't going to make any decisions about the Coyotes and their new Magical Mystery Owner until the end of June, so no relocation this year.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫