NHL Anti-Thread: Bad Business Decision Aggregator

The_Admiral

It looks like the plan is for the city to hem and haw this into June again so that the team is stuck for another year. I've seen no urgency from either side, just more "hang on we're working on something." Don't get your hopes up about Quebec.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

So when are they moving out of the desert? :)

2162-63 Season

Sounds about right.

I disagree with that theory. I think 3001-3002 season under Betttron.

The "Star Wars" future could happen, Tattoine could have been blown up, Naboo and Hoth could be under siege by imperial fighters, Cloud City could be the only livable city left in the galaxy, the Death Star could be the most powerful battle station in all mankind...

...and yet, throughout all this, there will still be a Phoenix Coyotes franchise.

Star Wars is a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away.

Yes but MechaShanahan deemed the blast from North Korea was a hockey play, therefore legal.

Something better happen soon, this thread is getting dumb.

Yeah, I may have laid the foundation for that tangent...my bad.

It was bound to happen after so many years of league ownership and umpteen charlatan ownership groups. Don't feel bad.

Yes but MechaShanahan deemed the blast from North Korea was a hockey play, therefore legal.

Something better happen soon, this thread is getting dumb.

Yeah, I may have laid the foundation for that tangent...my bad.

It was bound to happen after so many years of league ownership and umpteen charlatan ownership groups. Don't feel bad.

That was tongue-in-cheek...

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/22/darin-pastor-wants-to-know-why-his-offer-to-buy-the-coyotes-was-rejected/

“We offered $277.5 million and I can’t even get a call back,” he said.

haha welllllll

“Knowing the financial situation of the team, and our transaction, our offer was for 15 years so that we can make a prudent situation that allows a positive cash flow, and lets us sign free agents,” Pastor said.

I can't imagine why they'd ever turn down a 15-year installment plan!

The Phoenix Coyotes: now available on layaway!

• Like 2
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

"Look, we just wanted to buy the team and make a profit by not having paid for it. Is that so wrong???"

At least the NHL dismissed this guy. It's almost as if they're learning. Almost.

So, hey, did anybody happen to notice that the owner, general manager, and vice president of hockey operations for the Quebec Remparts decided to leave the team for another position today?

Wonder what would compel him to do that.

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I don't know. Quebecor doesn't have anything to do with the Remparts except for some rumored conceptual agreement that their staff would assist in a transition. I'm not reading too much into it. Honestly, it looks like the NHL successfully ran out the clock on another offseason.

EDIT: unless you're supposing the Remparts are facing eviction, which would make working there unpleasant?

Yep, that last part.

So, hey, did anybody happen to notice that the owner, general manager, and vice president of hockey operations for the Quebec Remparts decided to leave the team for another position today?

Wonder what would compel him to do that.

Wait, what? Did the owner just, like, post on Craigslist "Free hockey team to a good home. Must provide your own rink. Pick them up at the corner of 3rd and Wellington"? How does an owner just leave a team?

OldRomanSig2.jpg