NHL Anti-Thread: Bad Business Decision Aggregator

The_Admiral

No it means Stop. Reel. Line. Mint. The answer is in the post above yours.

Stop realignment. An old CCSLC meme that came out of posters constantly posting long and overly complicated realignment proposals.

PvO6ZWJ.png

No it means Stop. Reel. Line. Mint. The answer is in the post above yours.

Yeah...I kind of realized it a minute after Waltere's post was up, so "black-black-no-trade-backs" on my post.

The way Gothamite said "uh oh" made it appear as if there was breaking news that the Coyotes were staying put. And the symbols he put up made it appear as we all expected the Quebec story, then he put a pic representing, "stop the presses, there's bad news coming." It took me a while to realize what the pic actually symbolized.

(REEL-LINE-MINT)

i kinda like it, but division races might not be as close?

Ehh, it is what it is. No realignment is ever going to put all the crappy teams together and all the good teams together - unless we're talking about promotion and relegation...

Does Brian Stubits post here?

Report: Group nearing agreement to purchase Coyotes

By Brian Stubits | Hockey writer April 30, 2013 11:44 am ET

The NHL is reportedly nearing an agreement with a potential ownership to sell the Phoenix Coyotes.

Here we go, again.

According to Craig Morgan of Fox Sports Arizona, Renaissance Sports and Entertainment -- headed by George Gosbee and Anthony LeBlanc -- is working on ways of making the Coyotes a more financially stable franchise with the idea of buying the franchise that has been up for sale for years.

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/blog/eye-on-hockey/22170303/report-group-nearing-agreement-to-purchase-coyotes

Does Brian Stubits post here?

Report: Group nearing agreement to purchase Coyotes

By Brian Stubits | Hockey writer April 30, 2013 11:44 am ET

The NHL is reportedly nearing an agreement with a potential ownership to sell the Phoenix Coyotes.

Here we go, again.

According to Craig Morgan of Fox Sports Arizona, Renaissance Sports and Entertainment -- headed by George Gosbee and Anthony LeBlanc -- is working on ways of making the Coyotes a more financially stable franchise with the idea of buying the franchise that has been up for sale for years.

http://www.cbssports...urchase-coyotes

That story's been floating around for at least a month. Back on March 28th ESPN reported that they would have the team bought in a week.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/9107223/george-gosbee-canada-group-aim-purchase-phoenix-coyotes-170-million-source-says

is working on ways of making the Coyotes a more financially stable franchise with the idea of buying the franchise that has been up for sale for years.

Oh, get a :censored:ing editor.

• Like 2

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The two bidders are having a giant twitter fight. The NHL.

SURELY THIS IS PREFERABLE TO JUST LETTING THE TEAM MOVE TO QUEBEC! THERE IS NOTHING BUT A BRIGHT FUTURE AHEAD IN ARIZONA!

Sorry for the all caps, I'm just amazed by the levels of stupidity this league and those associated with it constantly sink to.

To be fair, it mostly consists of one of the Ice Edge guys screaming about the importance of good public relations (sale on irony this week) to the other group's PR agency, who is more or less like "okay please stop."

https://twitter.com/HedgeyeDJ/status/329699819692097536

There was a story earlier this week on AZCentral about Gosbee and the former Ice Edgers having put up $240 million for the $170 million purchase. But that story also mentioned the postponement of their presentation to the Glendale City Council, so I dunno. At this point in the saga, I'll only believe something is happening when something actually happens.

George Fallar tried chirping me about the Presidents' Trophy Curse a couple weeks ago. Dumber than advertised.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Yeah, he has a lot of theories, but they just don't have any legs.

There was also a story in the Arizona Republic about how the arena only costs $5.5 million to run and not the $15 million Greggers asked for and most certainly not the $25 million Bettman asked for. Also, it has come to Glendale's attention that the NHL sandbagged it on arena bookings to make the Coyotes look more important than they are. I guess this really pissed off the NHL such that they cancelled a meeting with the latest Ice Edge stooges. I have to say, it's not looking good, but it's looked this bad before, too.

Yeah, he has a lot of theories, but they just don't have any legs.

There was also a story in the Arizona Republic about how the arena only costs $5.5 million to run and not the $15 million Greggers asked for and most certainly not the $25 million Bettman asked for. Also, it has come to Glendale's attention that the NHL sandbagged it on arena bookings to make the Coyotes look more important than they are. I guess this really pissed off the NHL such that they cancelled a meeting with the latest Ice Edge stooges. I have to say, it's not looking good, but it's looked this bad before, too.

Looks pretty good to me. If the NHL is now angry at Glendale and canceling meetings this is the best possible news. The Coyotes might finally be on the way out of town.