NHL Anti-Thread: Bad Business Decision Aggregator

The_Admiral

If Detroit changed its time zone to Central, Windsor would likely want to as well. I don't see that as a viable option. Anywhere from Kenora west in Ontario might want to consider becoming part of Manitoba and changing to Central time, but not Windsor-Detroit.

Yeah, isn't Thunder Bay, at roughly the same longitude as Madison, Wisconsin, on Eastern Time? keep on lollin' in the free world. Time zones are dumb.

As for the latest Coyotes buyer, affluent strategies are my favorite kinds of strategies, so I think this should be a slam dunk.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

When you look at the map, it becomes kind of silly for Indiana and Michigan to be on Eastern Time in the first place (or Alabama and Middle Tennessee on Central).

Oh god I can't imagine the riots if you tried to change Indiana time again. People here still complain about changing to daylight savings time and even worse, are confused by it.

I understand arguing the merits if anyone should have it but how can you be confused about changing you clocks an hour...

I prefer eastern time but I like playing full rounds of golf after work and if we went to central, ill get like 13 in, tops... (Firstworldproblem)

Oh. Quebec or bust!

BUT BUT THE INDY 500 START TIME

You can't even watch that goddamn race on television in much of the state.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Yeah, the speedway is owned by some sort of Hoosier Bill Wirtz. I kinda get it, though. The place has 100,000 seats to fill, it's the biggest race of the year, biggest sporting event in the state, maybe people ought to be made to watch it in person. Or is Indy racing something that's dramatically enriched by HDTV? lol

Yeah, isn't Thunder Bay, at roughly the same longitude as Madison, Wisconsin, on Eastern Time? keep on lollin' in the free world. Time zones are dumb.

As for the latest Coyotes buyer, affluent strategies are my favorite kinds of strategies, so I think this should be a slam dunk.

So let's have everyone on the planet have the same time of day no matter how bright it is outside or how dark it is. Noon is noon, whether it's pitch black or the sun is blinding you.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Um, I didn't posit an alternative to time zones. I just think the haphazard demarcations of them are dumb sometimes. I understand that you can't just draw lines straight through people's houses and stuff, but a lot of this is needlessly ridiculous. Michigan is said to be on Eastern Time because "they do a great deal of trade with New York." So does the rest of the goddamn world, but they're not on Eastern Time. I think we've reached a point in civilization where we can do business with one another despite one-hour time discrepancies.

• Like 1

It just occurred to me the Coyotes are like the villain in a horror movie. You think its dead, but somehow it comes back.

Like Jason Voorhees...he was brought back in so many different ways... this Phoenix Coyotes nightmare is like terrible sequels...they should have been ended a long time ago

• Like 1

http://www.investmen.../FREE/130339998

“I've been watching what's going on and [the Coyotes] are a very competitive franchise — they went to the conference final last year,” Mr. Pastor said in an interview. “But they can't catch a break, and if they don't soon, they'll probably leave the west and go to Winnipeg or Quebec.”

This new Coyotes owner must have borrowed Matt Hulsizer's fax machine that sends messages from the future of the past.

“I've been watching what's going on and [the Coyotes] are a very competitive franchise — they went to the conference final last year,” Mr. Pastor said in an interview. “But they can't catch a break, and if they don't soon, they'll probably leave the west and go to Winnipeg or Quebec.”

This new Coyotes owner must have borrowed Matt Hulsizer's fax machine that sends messages from the future of the past.

or.....

ancient-aliens-th_0.jpg

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Making the playoffs three straight years with their roster and winning two playoff series last year is catching a lot of breaks if you ask me. If the market had fans that should've been enough to capture their attention, but nobody in Phoenix cares enough to get out to Glendale.

PvO6ZWJ.png

The stupid! It burns!

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Good news out of the Ottawa Sun. Looks like a decision on the Coyotes is imminent by the league. And the owners as expected are pushing for relocation because they're sick of subsidizing Bettman's failure. It'll either be Quebec or Seattle depending on what the NBA does.

• Like 2