NHL Anti-Thread: Bad Business Decision Aggregator

The_Admiral

Well we won't have the money until the end of July, so worst-case scenario, we'll play as a road team. I think I have some Best Western points around here somewhere.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Donkey shows have better attendance than Glendale.

I wonder if Mexicali has an arena.

I smell a promotional night! "Donkey Show Wednesdays" at spudlust.com Arena!

(This whole thing is just an elaborate work to promote the chip wagon, right?)

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Hearing that Glendale isn't going to make any decisions about the Coyotes and their new Magical Mystery Owner until the end of June, so no relocation this year.

Actually, it probably increases the chance of relocation. Unless you think the NHL is ready to cough up millions more to support the franchise there with no guarantee of the new ownership proposal getting the lease they want...

tigercatssignature-1.png

Whatever we do, we gotta put the AHL affiliate in Upstate NY.

I don't think Ithaca or Oswego will work due to college hockey, so we'll go with the Auburn Awesomes. If we can't find a nice plot of land to build an arena we can relocate them to Cortland instead.

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

That's what they've been doing for four years, so yes.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Whatever we do, we gotta put the AHL affiliate in Upstate NY.

I don't think Ithaca or Oswego will work due to college hockey, so we'll go with the Auburn Awesomes. If we can't find a nice plot of land to build an arena we can relocate them to Cortland instead.

Or we could just send the AHL franchise to the West Coast, far away from all the teams.

97uyh0.jpg

Bruh check out my last.fm

And my Rate Your Music

Fantasy Teams: Seattle Spacemen (CFA)

Signature credit to Silent Wind of Doom

I'm seriously considering moving anchorage up from the ECHL

I actually think hockey would be great in Alaska.

Seriously:

Phoenix-> Quebec Nordiques

Portland goes to the Flames, we get the Heat/Utica

Heat/Utica-> Anchorage

Alaska Aces -> Fairbanks

Even though they don't own the Aces, I think the Aces would move on their own.

97uyh0.jpg

Bruh check out my last.fm

And my Rate Your Music

Fantasy Teams: Seattle Spacemen (CFA)

Signature credit to Silent Wind of Doom

http://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeozanian/2013/05/30/phoenix-coyotes-170-million-sale-to-be-partially-funded-by-nhl/

This again. The NHL and Glendale buying the team from themselves.

The Coyotes are on the verge of being sold to Renaissance Sports & Entertainment, a group headed by George Gosbee, Anthony LeBlanc and Daryl Jones, pending a new lease at Jobing.com arena that will require the city of Glendale to pay them a substantial fee to run the arena.

A source close to the negotiations, who traded candor for anonymity, revealed the purchase price as $170 million. The capital structure would consist of RS&E putting in $45 million of equity, Fortress Investment Group lending $120 million (to be repaid by the fee Glendale taxpayers are going to pay the team to run the arena), and an $85 million loan from the NHL.

The $80 million the total capital investment ($250 million) exceeds the enterprise value of the purchase ($170 million) will be used as working capital. In other words, no capital calls even if the team loses a lot of money over the next few years. In addition, the NFL is promising the new owners that they will get the maximum amount of revenue from the league’s revenue-sharing system.

The NHL, which bought the Coyotes out of bankruptcy for $140 million in 2009, is being very flexible with its repayment terms for the new owners. As a result, the new owners would not have to pay any money back to the league for the first five years. And Fortress has something akin to warrants that will allow the hedge fund to swap its loan for equity that could ultimately give the firm a 20% equity stake in the hockey team.

Well, I see no way this can't fail.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

You missed bolding all the really good parts!

"The capital structure would consist of RS&E putting in $45 million of equity, Fortress Investment Group lending $120 million (to be repaid by the fee Glendale taxpayers are going to pay the team to run the arena), and an $85 million loan from the NHL." - Only $45 million in real money! And $120 million that they still don't have to pay! Screw the Green Bay Packers. The Arizona Coyotes: The People's Team!

"In addition, the NHL is promising the new owners that they will get the maximum amount of revenue from the league’s revenue-sharing system." - All the moneys! Just for you, Coyotes! How presh!

"The NHL ... is being very flexible with its repayment terms for the new owners. As a result, the new owners would not have to pay any money back to the league for the first five years." - No payments for five years? Just in time for the opt out clause to move to Quebec to make real money!

And whoever said Gary Bettman wasn't a great negotiator!

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |