NHL Anti-Thread: Bad Business Decision Aggregator

The_Admiral

19 hours ago, GDAWG said:

And this eliminates the state of Utah from MLB expansion.....I think.  

I am sure that an NHL team in Salt Lake City would eat up disposable income that could otherwise go to a local MLB club.  Even so, I think that the Big League Utah organization and the MLB franchise that it desires can survive and coexist with an arrival of the NHL in SLC.

1. Ryan Smith, the man being rumored to bring the Coyotes to SLC, is unaffiliated with the Larry H. Miller Company, the main backer of Big League Utah.

2. The State of Utah has passed separate laws regarding NHL and MLB venues this year.  One law provides $900 million in funding for an NHL-friendly arena.  The other law establishes $900 million worth of funding for an MLB-specification stadium.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RyanMcD29 said:

Because this couldn't get more YOTES, this delayed statement STILL HAS THE CURSOR LEFT ON

The fact that he doesn't deny the rumors is telling.  What he should have said is "I am fully committed to keeping the NHL and the Coyotes in Arizona" but instead he dances around saying that he isn't allowed to make any public comments at this point.  

14 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

The fact that he doesn't deny the rumors is telling.  What he should have said is "I am fully committed to keeping the NHL and the Coyotes in Arizona" but instead he dances around saying that he isn't allowed to make any public comments at this point.  

So you're saying you want him to lie.  Ok.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

It's where I sit.

1 hour ago, RyanMcD29 said:

Because this couldn't get more YOTES, this delayed statement STILL HAS THE CURSOR LEFT ON

This reminds me of the Matt Hulsizer Fax Machine

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

40 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

At least give the fans in Arizona some hope, so yes.  

So that he can get bagged when it's shown, maybe tomorrow, maybe Tuesday, that he was lying?

That's an odd take.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

It's where I sit.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

Again, now's the time to put all the Winnipeg NHL records under the current Jets organization and have the Phoenix history separate.

• Like 5
  • Applause 2

Between this, the MS Word screencap, and the long runs of unpaid taxes and hotel bills, I think we're getting some valuable insight into how Alex Mereulo conducts business, and I look forward to his federal prison problems.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • WOAH 1
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Sounds like the Jazz will run the business side of the team now, the way apparently the SacKings are going to run the A's (THAT'LL GO GREAT). 

Reminder that Meruelo was going to buy the Atlanta Hawks right after Atlanta Spirit unloaded the Thrashers but Stern's NBA vetted him and decided he was a dope and a fraud and told him to get lost. Then he regrouped, made a play for the Coyotes, then on their third permutation of ownership since the league sold them, and Bettman was like "I don't see any problems here." Who could have seen that a professional sports team would resort to playing dine-and-dash with team meals? Well, a handful of accounting and law firms in Manhattan, presumably.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Sodboy13 said:

Between this, the MS Word screencap, and the long runs of unpaid taxes and hotel bills, I think we're getting some valuable insight into how Alex Mereulo conducts business, and I look forward to his federal prison problems.

She does the Coyotes podcast on PHNX and the other day, they were doing a stream about the visit of the GM to the players informing them of the move.  She usually moderates and watches chat and someone asked Craig Morgan about why Suns owner Matt Ishbia did not buy the Coyotes to save them from this move and Morgan said it was too expensive for Ishbia.  

As a mortgage predator, I would not expect Mat Ishbia to unduly lavish his own money on something so itinerant with a lousy credit history.

• Like 2

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

One of the big reveals is when we find out Logan Wade was at January 6th.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sodboy13 said:

One of the big reveals is when we find out Logan Wade was at January 6th.

LITTLE LOGAN WADE! God, all the names are burbling back up. My Coyotes-saga life is flashing before my eyes.

Remember the lawyer for the city of Glendale and also the Coyotes who negotiated the Coyotes' lease while working for the city and then went to to work for the Coyotes, which got the lease cancelled? That didn't kill them either!

• LOL 1

Look who has thoughts! It's Joyce Clark! If it weren't 80 out, I could do this all day. This blog has it all. Steadfast belief that Glendale would have worked? If you ignore over $100 million in taxpayer subsidies, sure. Forgetting that the Coyotes made the playoffs three years, not one? Oh yeah. Botching a pretty common figure of speech? I wouldn't expect anything less!

I wonder how many of the characters are dead.

Sgt. Bettman's Lonely Mall Rink Band

• Like 1
  • LOL 4