how far we've come: post the worst Reebok NHL jersey matchups

hockey week

I don't think people realize just how far the NHL's come since the utter destruction that was the Reebok (then RBK) Edge change-over, so let's get together the worst matchups seen in the league, and if there has been a truly profound change, show the comparison

94023515_slide.jpg

jamie-benn-justin-schultz-nhl-edmonton-o

94811889_slide.jpg

111514_leafssabres_recap_photo.png

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Honestly, I liked that old Oilers jersey.

Your screen name is appropriate then

Yup. That's why I'm not 1rationalguy.

I think you're the first person on here say that.

The Edge changes were bad overall (save a couple of improvements, like Boston, and the O6 remaining solid for the most part). A lot of us hated, for example, the Islanders jersey. But I understood why someone may like it. Maybe they felt the orange sleeves added something. The only jersey I could not fathom someone liking was that Oilers jersey. They kept the same color scheme as they'd previous had but they stripped it down to an incredibly lame practice jersey. It is as lacking in redeeming qualities as any uniform ever. To each his own, but it's one of the very few uniforms that I find myself legitimately surprised to hear someone say they liked.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I prefer the Lightning's Edge look over their Maple Wings look.

c4s_litejump041211_170419a_8col.jpg

Possibly the best Edge template and it's actually original.

Me too. The logos were the best they've ever had. All they needed to do was put them on a blue dominant version of the inaugural set and they'd be perfect.

I see nothing wrong with that Oilers look either. The Stars look horrible though.

Not even the stripes that don't wrap all the way around the sleeves?

Those Oilers jerseys deserve a special place in hell. The team's owner didn't even like them.

Don't blame Reebok. Blame the Oilers. Blame CEO Patrick LaForge.

"We wanted change. A lot of things motivated us to look at change. We have a new locker room. A new team. We saw it as rejuvenation. A breath of fresh air," said LaForge.

"It was meant to be a sort of a Baltimore Ravens look," he said.

The Oilers have have their own identifiable look familiar to the entire world because Wayne Gretzky used to wear that uniform, and now they want to look like the Baltimore Ravens instead?

"A full black body from the ankles to the top, above the ankles and below the shoulders. A solid blue color," said LaForge.

http://slam.canoe.com/Slam/Columnists/Jones/2007/10/28/4612259-sun.html

The Edge changes were bad overall (save a couple of improvements, like Boston, and the O6 remaining solid for the most part). A lot of us hated, for example, the Islanders jersey. But I understood why someone may like it. Maybe they felt the orange sleeves added something. The only jersey I could not fathom someone liking was that Oilers jersey. They kept the same color scheme as they'd previous had but they stripped it down to an incredibly lame practice jersey. It is as lacking in redeeming qualities as any uniform ever. To each his own, but it's one of the very few uniforms that I find myself legitimately surprised to hear someone say they liked.

I liked the blue jersey from that set better than the white one tbh. But still I really liked that jersey set. I guess I'm one of the only people though.

Yeah, as much flack as the Islanders' Edge design got, I actually liked them in a vacuum. The issue was that they were quite a departure from what looked right for the Islanders. Of course they made the right decision to go back to the original designs for the jerseys, but all told the Islanders made out a lot better from the Edge redesign than a lot of other teams.

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

That used to be a spectacular matchup. It's shame the Sharks downgraded their uniform set when all they had to do was remove the front numbers

Without at doubt. But for those goofy numbers on the front, the Sharks had one of the top Edge uniforms in the league.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

Archived