2015 NFL Weekly Picks Contest

Kramerica Industries

The New Jersey Jets to beat New York's only team. The Bills go 7-9.

The Saints to finish 7-9 and beat the 8-8 Falcons.

The Eagles to shut out the 6-10 Giants and cripple OBJ.

The Bears to send the Lions to 6-10

The Plague to slaughter the Floundering Fins and get home field.

Steelers to slaughter the Browns, Jaguars to embarrass Houston as the Colts walk over Nashville as Division champions.

Bengals to torture the Ravens, Redskins to defeat the Cowboys, Chargers to upset Denver,

Chiefs to dominate the Raiders and win the West, Rams to go 8-8 and finish off the Niners,

The Bucs to upset Carolina, Cards to blowout the Hawks and the Packers to win the North.

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Week 17

SUNDAY

NY Jets over Buffalo

New England over Miami

Atlanta over New Orleans

Cincinnati over Baltimore

Pittsburgh over Cleveland

Houston over Jacksonville

Indianapolis over Tennessee

Washington over Dallas

NY Giants over Philadelphia

Chicago over Detroit

Carolina over Tampa Bay

Kansas City over Oakland

Denver over San Diego

Arizona over Seattle

St. Louis over San Francisco

Green Bay over Minnesota

59ea7286cd78e_NewAvsSig.png.5747971588ea035fdc4dbcf3bf43f77a.png

Week 17

Sunday

NY Jets at Buffalo

New Orleans at Atlanta

New England at Miami

Detroit at Chicago

Philadelphia at NY Giants

Baltimore at Cincinnati

Washington at Dallas

Tennessee at Indianapolis

Oakland at Kansas City

Pittsburgh at Cleveland

Jacksonville at Houston

San Diego at Denver

St. Louis at San Francisco

Tampa Bay at Carolina

Minnesota at Green Bay

Jets at Bills

Patriots at Dolphins

Saints at Falcons

Lions at Bears

Eagles at Giants

Redskins at Cowboys

Titans at Colts

Ravens at Bengals

Steelers at Browns

Jaguars at Texans

Raiders at Chiefs

Chargers at Broncos

Buccaneers at Panthers

Seahawks at Cardinals

Rams at 49ers

Vikings at Packers

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Jets at Bills

Patriots at Dolphins

Saints at Falcons

Lions at Bears

Eagles at Giants

Redskins at Cowboys

Titans at Colts

Ravens at Bengals

Steelers at Browns

Jaguars at Texans

Raiders at Chiefs

Chargers at Broncos

Buccaneers at Panthers

Seahawks at Cardinals

Rams at 49ers

Vikings at Packers

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

Regular season is over. Your results:

NFL%20picks%202015_23.jpg

Week 17 winner(s): Kevs with his fourth win in five weeks (jeezus, dude) and RickyIsKing with his third. No small margins of success, either.

------------

Yes, the playoffs will be contested here as well. I'm not really of the interest of doing a points system for the playoffs though (you know - WC round +2, divisional round +3, etc.). It might mean DG has the title all but wrapped up (though, if you wanna blow a five game lead; six game lead, even, by all means, I'm open for it, dude), but he's had the best season out of everyone in the competition. He's earned that right. Distorted playoff structures are stupid - I may have spoken on that before.

In any case, Wild Card round begins on Saturday afternoon.

spacer.png

I've had quite the season as far as fantasy and predicting goes. Won my office pickem league, won my fantasy championship, made the very exclusive UFL playoffs here on the boards, and came in second in pickem here. I'm usually not this good when it comes to the happenings of the NFL. Maybe it's because the NFL was pretty easy to pick this year. They weren't really any surprise teams. The Chiefs reeling off ten straight wins was surprising after starting 1-5, but if you'd told me they'd be 11-5 before the season I would've nodded. There's not a team in the playoffs that stuns me.

The playoff field is a lot of frequent participants and/or obvious calls to make the playoffs preseason: Patriots, Broncos, Steelers, Packers, Seahawks, Bengals, Cardinals, Panthers

Minnesota, and Kansas City don't feel that out of place. I guess Washington and Houston are the two surprises, but we all knew the NFC East/AFC South divisions were going to be poopshoots.

BTW, Marvin Lewis and his two former assistants – Zimmer and Gruden all made the playoffs this year. There’s a very good chance they all run their combined playoff record to 0fer life.

Wildcard Picks:

Bengals

Chiefs

Seahawks

Packers

PvO6ZWJ.png

Here are my detailed picks:

AFC Wild Card Weekend:

Steelers 24, Bengals 21 - I honestly think the Bengals will win this game if Dalton plays and is healthy. But right now, it looks like A.J. McCarron is starting, and he won't be enough to give the Bengals their first playoff win of the millennium.

Chiefs 31, Texans 20 - The Chiefs are the hottest team in football on a 10-game winning streak. J.J. Watt and the defense will not be able to stop Alex Smith and the Chiefs.

NFC Wild Card Weekend:

Seahawks 24, Vikings 21 - I predict this will be the best wild card game. The Vikings are a talented team, but right now they just don't have enough experience to get far in the postseason. Fast forward three years and we could have a whole different story.

Packers 17, Washington NFL Franchise 13 - The Packers aren't very good but they are better than the Washington NFL Franchise. The Packers will win this game and not too much else.

spacer.png

Archived