College Basketball 2016: Houston, we have a full court press

buzzcut

1 minute ago, Webfooter said:

That was an epic choke job by UVA in the 2nd half.  Just shows that none of the #1 seeds were all that dominant this year.  Even if UNC wins tonight, I'd say Oklahoma is the favorite to win it all, especially with how Hield is playing.

Agreed. This has been a weird season because there hasn't been one team that's been consistently great all season long.

I agree with the Oklahoma prediction. Having the rest remaining player is a pretty good asset. I see them winning it all.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One nice result of Syracuse's big weekend has been Melo's "THEY DON'T WANT US TO WIN" videos:

http://m.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/carmelo-anthony-celebrates-syracuse-win-snapchat-article-1.2579558

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

5 hours ago, Webfooter said:

Even if UNC wins tonight, I'd say Oklahoma is the favorite to win it all, especially with how Hield is playing.

Head-to-head, I like Oklahoma over UNC -- but the Sooners' path to the title game is going to be more difficult with 'Nova in their way as opposed to UNC drawing a 10-seed in the nat'l semis.

6uXNWAo.png

12 hours ago, HedleyLamarr said:

Remember when Doug Gottlieb (or someone else that was on-set for the Selection Show) said "What?!" when Syracuse was announced?

I guess they proved they belonged.....

It was Doug Gottlieb, who I discovered during this tournament, and I wish I hadn't. Turns out he has a history of being a complete jackass. I watched about 4 minutes of the selection show and that was enough to catch him become physically angry by Syracuse's inclusion in this tournament. To see them go all the way to the Final Four is pretty hilarious. What a chach bag. 

on the flip side a 10 seed goes on a cinderella run to the final four and it's a program like Syracuse. No fun. It's like 2014 when a 7 beat an 8 in the National Championship game and those schools were UConn and Kentucky. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

6 hours ago, Cujo said:

Head-to-head, I like Oklahoma over UNC -- but the Sooners' path to the title game is going to be more difficult with 'Nova in their way as opposed to UNC drawing a 10-seed in the nat'l semis.

UNC will have to defeat Syracuse for a third time this year. We've all have seen how difficult it is to do that.

First game they won by 11 at the Carrier Dome and won in Chapel Hill by just 5.

7 minutes ago, dfwabel said:

UNC will have to defeat Syracuse for a third time this year. We've all have seen how difficult it is to do that.

First game they won by 11 at the Carrier Dome and won in Chapel Hill by just 5.

UNC should win that game.

But then again, so should have Virginia.  And Gonzaga. And (according to me) Dayton.

While Gottlieb's reaction may have been a bit much, Syracuse's body of work was as questionable as Wisconsin and Michigan's.  A four game hot streak with a fairly lucky draw (like MSU's and Utah's losses) and a big win over a conference rival does not prove a ton.  I suppose it proves they were good enough to be one of the 38 (or whatever it is) at-large teams.  But had they (or any other middling big conference program like Michigan and Wisconsin) not gotten it, they'd have had nothing to complain about.

It's what makes the tournament fun.  But also what makes it a poor measure of who really is the best.

All that said, at this point, I don't know if I'd be surprised if Syracuse wins the whole damn thing.

There is no 2015 Kentucky this year.  Or even Duke or Wisconsin.  So we knew we could be in for surprises.  I feel at this point, the four teams are each about a 25% shot.

I'd like to see Oklahoma win it all...they are not one of the usual suspects and they are led by a senior.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

13 minutes ago, dfwabel said:

Not saying it can't be done, but you're kidding yourself if you think UNC is coming into the game as the underdog because "no way they beat 'Cuse thrice!"

6uXNWAo.png

1 hour ago, dfwabel said:

The Team Stream (aka "homer announcers") are:

Oklahoma: Chad McKee/Eduardo Najera/ Jessica Coody

Villanova: Scott Graham/Brian Finneran/Kacie McDonnel

UNC: Wes Durham/Brendan Haywood/Dwayne Ballen

Syracuse: Tom Werme/Roosevelt Bouie/Donovan McNabb

I can easily tolerate the UNC and Villanova feeds.

17 hours ago, HedleyLamarr said:

They need to quit screwing around with that song.  Keep using Luther's version....

For that song, I'm on Team Teddy Pendergrass for his version.

EDIT: The new singer is Ne-yo,but he will only be used on TruTV and TNT only. Luther will be on the TBS/"main" telecast.

As for the games, take the UNDER in both games. Teams really shoot poorly in that stadium compared to the other stadium setups. Look up the shooting stats for the three games of the 2011 Final Four and last year's South Regional.

Archived