College Basketball 2016: Houston, we have a full court press

buzzcut

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, BlackBolt3 said:

6 ACC teams in the Sweet 16. Man. All this without Louisville, who probably could've made it this far, too.

^This, plus Maryland still feels like an ACC team to me. Not sure I'll ever get used to them in the BigTen.

6uXNWAo.png

58 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

It's fun seeing a 10 seed wearing its home whites in the tournament.  Seems like a weird contingency a high seed would have to plan for, but looks like Syracuse did. Or they had their home uniforms shipped.

EDIT: And Gonzaga's the 11, right? Barring disaster, 10-seed Syracuse will play two games as the favorite. That's a neat angle.

In the pod of four teams (in this case, the #2, #7, #10, and #15 seeds), usually the highest seed brings just home jerseys (as they would be the home team for both games), the lowest seed would bring just away jerseys (as they would be the away team for both games), and the two middle seeds would bring both jerseys, as they could be either/or in the second game.

Now years ago, Maryland was the #6 seed in the tournament and was facing the #11 seed (Wilmington, maybe?).  They would have been wearing their white jerseys for the game, but there was some issue that came up where they couldn't wear them (they were either misplaced or stolen or something), so they had to wear their colored jersey while the lower-seeded team wore their home whites.

No idea if the NCAA, after this situation, required every team to bring both sets of jerseys with them.

1 hour ago, DG_Now said:

It's fun seeing a 10 seed wearing its home whites in the tournament.  Seems like a weird contingency a high seed would have to plan for, but looks like Syracuse did. Or they had their home uniforms shipped.

EDIT: And Gonzaga's the 11, right? Barring disaster, 10-seed Syracuse will play two games as the favorite. That's a neat angle.

Opening line is Gonzaga -4.

O/U total is 134.

4 hours ago, HedleyLamarr said:

Seadragon lives in Washington, so that's why he'd rather not hear anymore about them.

Gonzaga will never equal Boise State until their CCSLC supporters become ridiculous in their defending of them.

Uh, yeah! The less I hear about the Bullpups the better!

Also: I live in the western half of the state, which is pretty much U-Dub territory. To me, Washington will always be the better team... Gonzaga? Just a bully who people have liked because they were the original 'bracket buster' back in the day. All they do is bully around the other WCC members (Save for St. Mary's, who has become the Lex Luthor to their Superman) and then come tournament time, they choke. Never been to the Final Four... yet people like them.

It boggles my mind how a school can be this good and not crack the proverbial glass ceiling, but I prefer that because when they do, more idiots will hop on that band wagon.

Really hoping Northern Iowa pulls this out against A&M, as it's been a relatively quiet two days after all the upsets in the first round.

I know there's a pretty rare 11-10 matchup in in the Sweet 16, but it's Gonzaga-Syracuse. Not exactly Cinderellas.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Archived