Super Bowl 50 Aesthetics

CreamSoda

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Curtos07 said:

If you replace the red with Carolina blue and make the helmets silver, Super Bowl 50 will look very similar to Super Bowl 33.

iQ6kTjd.jpg

I realized that last night too. Similar in theory, at least (dark-accented white vs. black). *Unpopular Opinion Alert* I actually think XXXIII didn't look all that bad, but Carolina's colors are going to make 50 the much better matchup in my opinion.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

12 hours ago, TheOldRoman said:

So that's why the Seahawks humiliated the Broncos two years ago. They wore orange! And this whole time I thought it was because the defense was unprepared and because Manning turtled like he's known to do in the playoffs. Maybe if they went white they'd have scored six more touchdowns.

It's a valiant effort for the Broncos to wear white, but I think after the game is decided, we'll look back and say the Broncos had way too much orange on their uniforms.

I do agree that superstition is stupid. Mainly though, I do want to defend the Broncos' defense in that Super Bowl, as it was just about the only thing from that game that was defensible. They were not unprepared by any means, but were put in impossible situations by the offense. For the first half, they limited the Seahawks to field goals and the one touchdown drive was under 40 yards. For the game, Marshawn Lynch only had 39 yards rushing. The defense was the only reason the Broncos were still in the game mathematically up until the pick 6 before halftime and the kickoff return to start the 2nd half. By that point, who cares anymore. The game is over, but while it still mattered, the defense played as well as they could have considered the offense was less effective than if they had just punted on first down every time they got the ball.

As for the uniforms, I'd rather the Broncos wear their orange jerseys, united in orange and all that. I don't care how they've done in them in the past, since this is a different team, even since that Super Bowl 2 years ago.

2 minutes ago, IceBurgs70 said:

I think this matchup will look good with whatever pants Carolina decides to wear.

Carolina-Panthers-vs-Denver-Broncos.jpg

hi-res-156047117_crop_north.jpg?w=630&h=

Since Carolina has so much blue in their uniform and a silver helmet, this Super Bowl will look much better than super bowl XXXIII did vs. Atlanta.

1 minute ago, tyst13 said:

As for the uniforms, I'd rather the Broncos wear their orange jerseys, united in orange and all that. I don't care how they've done in them in the past, since this is a different team, even since that Super Bowl 2 years ago.

Yeah. You'd think it would be a stronger symbol if they faced it like the 2004 Red Sox wore the 86 years thing. Come out and say "We know we've never won in orange, but that doesn't matter. Two years ago doesn't mean anything and neither does what John Elway did a quarter century ago." It's most likely nothing, but this superstition is almost admitting weakness. "We're good, but we're not good enough to win in orange jerseys."

OldRomanSig2.jpg

1 minute ago, TheOldRoman said:

Yeah. You'd think it would be a stronger symbol if they faced it like the 2004 Red Sox wore the 86 years thing. Come out and say "We know we've never won in orange, but that doesn't matter. Two years ago doesn't mean anything and neither does what John Elway did a quarter century ago." It's most likely nothing, but this superstition is almost admitting weakness. "We're good, but we're not good enough to win in orange jerseys."

Maybe their thought behind it is more about disrupting the Panthers since they've been wearing white for their run. Maybe Manning and Elway were thinking back to the last Super Bowls they won, both in white (Manning is 0-2 in his home jersey). Maybe it's some combination of any of these, but there probably was some silly superstition involved. 

2 minutes ago, NJTank said:

The Panthers Carolina Blue is the best alt in the league it should be the primary.

I disagree. It's a very good alt, but the black jersey is just so much better. And because the Panthers stupidly wear white at home for at least half the year, we barely get to see the black jerseys as it is. I'd be in favor of them only wearing the blues on the road. At least that way its use won't come at the expense of the black jerseys.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

This is just an assumption but I don't think we'll see the black pants. The Panthers have had virtually the same look throughout their entire existence, and their owner likely sees this as an opportunity to entrench their classic look into NFL history.

Midway.png

OFFICIAL: Panthers to wear black jerseys, silver pants

Because the Denver Broncos, designated as the home team for the Feb. 7 matchup, chose to wear white, the Panthers will wear black jerseys and silver pants in the game.

http://www.panthers.com/news/article-2/Panthers-Wearing-Black-in-Super-Bowl/09ebb4c4-a4cf-4f57-b1cf-535f6d6595ed

6uXNWAo.png

16 minutes ago, Cujo said:

OFFICIAL: Panthers to wear black jerseys, silver pants

Because the Denver Broncos, designated as the home team for the Feb. 7 matchup, chose to wear white, the Panthers will wear black jerseys and silver pants in the game.

http://www.panthers.com/news/article-2/Panthers-Wearing-Black-in-Super-Bowl/09ebb4c4-a4cf-4f57-b1cf-535f6d6595ed

18lpxe9hhqk9gjpg.jpg

OldRomanSig2.jpg

41 minutes ago, NJTank said:

The Panthers Carolina Blue is the best alt in the league it should be the primary.

Taken by itself, the blue jersey may be their best, but when comparing the entire uniform, the black over silver is their best look. I love the way the electric blue trim pops off the black jerseys and silver pants. 

4 hours ago, McCarthy said:

It's interesting to me that on all of the Super Bowl materials this year they're using 50 instead of the roman numeral L. I get that Super Bowl L is not the most attractive looking when spelled out, but 49 Super Bowls using roman numerals and now is when you decide to buck tradition?

Well, usually the 50th anniversary of anything is celebrated. So, it "feels" better to make the change now, rather than later.

Also, I think that's it for Roman numerals. I think from here on out, it's going to be Arabic numerals. Most people can read Arabic numerals much easier than Roman numerals, and it's probably that much easier to market.

1 hour ago, tyst13 said:

Maybe their thought behind it is more about disrupting the Panthers since they've been wearing white for their run. Maybe Manning and Elway were thinking back to the last Super Bowls they won, both in white (Manning is 0-2 in his home jersey). Maybe it's some combination of any of these, but there probably was some silly superstition involved. 

Superstition is superstition. If the Broncos really somehow think the Panthers wearing white uniforms has anything to do with their success, they're morons and deserve to lose the Super Bowl.

If color vs color were allowed, and the Broncos weren't so superstitious, I think the best possible look would be the Broncos in orange vs the Panthers in black. Two great looking uniforms, and strong contrast with dark helmets and light jerseys vs light helmets and dark jerseys.

But I'm personally of the opinion that neither the Broncos nor the Panthers has a bad uniform combination, so we're still going to get a great looking (and very 90s!) Super Bowl.

Archived