Super Bowl 50 Aesthetics

CreamSoda

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wait a minute... this is one giant trophy?! I thought for sure the Vince Lombardi Trophy itself would come off and the rest would just serve as a display/presentation platform.

960x0.jpg

How the Golden Super Bowl 50 Trophy Came Together

Still, the newly minted Vince Lombardi Trophy is the glitziest change. “The amount of man hours that went into this is fairly significant,” said Victoria Wirth Reynolds, group director of business sales at Tiffany & Co., which has handmade the NFL’s trophies since the Super Bowl began. Five sets of the “5″ and “0″ were cast in bronze, gold-plated, hand-polished and then hand-finished for a radiant golden shine. “The bronze has a warmer color, but it was important to us to have that very clean, very yellow gold color….They are viewed more as sculptures than trophies.”

The weight of the golden redesign will be felt more significantly when winning players attempt to hoist the Super Bowl 50 trophy: each number is 14.5 inches tall and weighs 33 pounds, making the total weight of the trophy 73 pounds.

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

I'm pretty sure we'll see the Lombardi trophy detaches from the base. Because if they are attaching it to the base, they're altering the trophy to make this one look different from all the rest. And if they were going to alter the trophy, they might as well have just made the Lombardi gold.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

39 minutes ago, Clintau24 said:

Looks like the wrong endzone judging by the shading difference of the grass between the 10 and 5 yard lines

That doesn't make sense. Since the angle of the camera switched to the other side, the shading of the grass should also switch. Grass bent away is lighter than grass bent towards.

9 minutes ago, goforbroke said:

thats the same end zone -- the other end zone has tunnels in the corners

Yeah, that is correct.

I just saw a video of the field and the other end zone has two tunnels in the corners.

Wonder when they will start with the Carolina side.

12 minutes ago, Sykotyk said:

The NFL missed a golden opportunity to put the gold "50" Super Bowl logo right at the 50. Instead, it's at the 25s.

I agree, I think it the SB50 logo would look much better at midfield and then two NFL logos at the 25s.

Archived