2016 MLB Post Season Thread

PittsburghSucks

Here's what I'm picturing happened:

Bill Murray: "God?  Would you please let the Cubs win this year?  I'll do anything!"

God: "ANYTHING?"

Murray: "Anything!"

So, after appearing in the Ghostbusters reboot, the Cubbies win the pennant.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, sayahh said:

Here's what I'm picturing happened:

Bill Murray: "God?  Would you please let the Cubs win this year?  I'll do anything!"

God: "ANYTHING?"

Murray: "Anything!"

So, after appearing in the Ghostbusters reboot, the Cubbies win the pennant.

More likely he has signed a pact with the Devil then.

;)

16 hours ago, Rj0498 said:

Too be fair the same th Ing goes with the dh rule which makes me wonder that beside traditions sake the nl hasn't adopted it in the rest of the big 4 sports there is no special rule for a different conference 

Because the pitcher batting is baseball, not a past-rotten promotional stunt.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

What a night for Cleveland sports. Heck, if this series goes at least 6 games, the Indians will have played a World Series game during the first four games of the Cavaliers season. Two of which would be home games taking place right across the street. There is a third Cavaliers home game, but the Indians would be in Chicago, so it won't be as intense.

Cleveland sports for life!
"Laugh hard. Run fast. Be kind." -The Doctor

It's a cool story, but I'm still a little itchy about a guy who hasn't seen major-league pitching in over six months. Talk about jumping into the fire. They can't have that little faith in Soler to DH, can they?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

1 hour ago, the admiral said:

Because the pitcher batting is baseball, not a past-rotten promotional stunt.

While I get that pitchers hitting is something that has been there in the beginning I think that having a dh is better since it allows someone with amazing hitting but poor d to contribute and give a boost to your potentially anemic offense

24 minutes ago, Rj0498 said:

While I get that pitchers hitting is something that has been there in the beginning I think that having a dh is better since it allows someone with amazing hitting but poor d to contribute and give a boost to your potentially anemic offense

There was a unique thread about this... bottom line, give me both.  10 man batting order.  deal with it

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

2 hours ago, Rj0498 said:

That's the exact reason I despise it. If you can't play defence, you shouldn't be anywhere near the field. 

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

59 minutes ago, DiePerske said:

Indians, per their Twitter, will be in blue tonight. 

Enough reason for go cubs. 

I am with you on that I am getting really tired of seeing blue vs blue especially when the Indians have perhaps the best primaries in their division

:censored: this game.  Lester's 23 pitches in and has totally lost the handle.  Indians should put up 6 this inning.

Cvp8JRhUkAAMMHp.jpg

Edit:  Seriously?  

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

2 minutes ago, waltere said:

Jeez, Corey Kluber starting off HOT

He's beyond even Kershaw at this point.  The location is broken.  He's unhittable. 

Meanwhile Lester is getting popped and barely stemming the tide.  2-0 is more than enough for a win.  Only hope Cubs have is to keep grinding out long at bats and hope Miller or whoever the Indians send out wets the bed.  They will not score against Kluber.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived