infrared41's Best and Worst 2016 - NFL Week 17

infrared41

Welcome to the 2016 season finale of infrared41's Best and Worst. 2016 was one of the better years I can remember for the best list. It seems like we had at least a couple really good match ups every week of the season. And...I'm pretty sure there wasn't a full worst list in any week all season. There may have even been a week or two in which we didn't have a worst list. Week 17 was a pretty strong finish to what has been a pretty strong season in uniform match ups. Let's crank it up one more time and play our game. As always, the lists are just my opinion. Your mileage may vary. 

Before we get started, for the best and worst looking games of the year, I thought it might be fun to nominate the candidates and then have a poll to pick the winner. Let me know if you're interested. 

Best:

1. New York Giants - Washington: If the Indigenous Peoples had played as well as they dressed in this one, they'd be in the playoffs. I know there are people who have issues with the Giants road uniform, but I think it's one of the best road looks in the league. The colors really popped in this game. 

2p1Qy7F.jpg

2. Bills - Jets: Both of these teams easily could have made uniform choices that would have sent this game right off the rails and straight to the worst list. Fortunately, both teams made the right choices and went with what I think is the best possible match up for this game. Kudos to the Bills for going with the all white combo.

YbI2ZmT.jpg

3. Packers - Lions: Another week on the best list for the Detroit Lions. Either I like the Lions uniforms more than I realize or this team has played one of the best uniform match up schedules of all time. In any case, this was a good looking game.

LFviqPi.jpg

4. Browns - Steelers: The good looking Browns combos (all white and orange over white) have really grown on me. Add in some sunshine and the Steelers and we have ourselves a pretty good looking game. 

U0MPA0i.jpg

5. Cowboys - Eagles: Speaking of uniforms that have grown on me, I find myself liking the Eagles home uniform more than I used to. I still prefer the old kelly green, but the current look isn't bad at all. 

Hcc3p9x.jpg

6. Bears - Vikings: (Insert the Bears "should have gone with all white" bit here.) Honestly, I like the Bears road uniform a little less every time I see it. It's still pretty good, but the Bears would look so much better in all white on the road. As usual, the Vikings looked great. 

0J9Gv6i.jpg

Worst: 

1. Ravens - Bengals: A whole lotta ugly going on in this one. Ditch the black pants and the Ravens would be one of the best looking teams in the league. The Bengals need to do some serious addition by subtraction and lose all the PYPS nonsense.

4o8CUb9.jpg

And just like that, another season is in the books. Thanks for taking the time to participate. 

BB52Big.jpg

44 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

Welcome to the 2016 season finale of infrared41's Best and Worst. 2016 was one of the better years I can remember for the best list. It seems like we had at least a couple really good match ups every week of the season. And...I'm pretty sure there wasn't a full worst list in any week all season. There may have even been a week or two in which we didn't have a worst list. Week 17 was a pretty strong finish to what has been a pretty strong season in uniform match ups. Let's crank it up one more time and play our game. As always, the lists are just my opinion. Your mileage may vary. 

Before we get started, for the best and worst looking games of the year, I thought it might be fun to nominate the candidates and then have a poll to pick the winner. Let me know if you're interested. 

Best:

1. New York Giants - Washington: If the Indigenous Peoples had played as well as they dressed in this one, they'd be in the playoffs. I know there are people who have issues with the Giants road uniform, but I think it's one of the best road looks in the league. The colors really popped in this game. 

2p1Qy7F.jpg

2. Bills - Jets: Both of these teams easily could have made uniform choices that would have sent this game right off the rails and straight to the worst list. Fortunately, both teams made the right choices and went with what I think is the best possible match up for this game. Kudos to the Bills for going with the all white combo.

YbI2ZmT.jpg

3. Packers - Lions: Another week on the best list for the Detroit Lions. Either I like the Lions uniforms more than I realize or this team has played one of the best uniform match up schedules of all time. In any case, this was a good looking game.

LFviqPi.jpg

4. Browns - Steelers: The good looking Browns combos (all white and orange over white) have really grown on me. Add in some sunshine and the Steelers and we have ourselves a pretty good looking game. 

U0MPA0i.jpg

5. Cowboys - Eagles: Speaking of uniforms that have grown on me, I find myself liking the Eagles home uniform more than I used to. I still prefer the old kelly green, but the current look isn't bad at all. 

Hcc3p9x.jpg

6. Bears - Vikings: (Insert the Bears "should have gone with all white" bit here.) Honestly, I like the Bears road uniform a little less every time I see it. It's still pretty good, but the Bears would look so much better in all white on the road. As usual, the Vikings looked great. 

0J9Gv6i.jpg

Worst: 

1. Ravens - Bengals: A whole lotta ugly going on in this one. Ditch the black pants and the Ravens would be one of the best looking teams in the league. The Bengals need to do some serious addition by subtraction and lose all the PYPS nonsense.

4o8CUb9.jpg

And just like that, another season is in the books. Thanks for taking the time to participate. 

You know what, I'm typically a fan of white pants but the Bears in blue pants justs plays off the Vikings purple so much that I'm glad they did go with blue pants. 

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

1 minute ago, DiePerske said:

You know what, I'm typically a fan of white pants but the Bears in blue pants justs plays off the Vikings purple so much that I'm glad they did go with blue pants. 

And I think the Bears blue pants look especially bad when paired with the Vikings purple. In my opinion, the blue really throws off the color balance. But I have to admit that I'm not a big fan of dark colored pants in general. I prefer either white or lighter colored pants like the Packers, 49ers, Steelers, etc. Different strokes and all...

BB52Big.jpg

There's no redeeming those Browns uniforms.  I could never rank any Browns game in the top 5.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

There's no redeeming those Browns uniforms.  I could never rank any Browns game in the top 5.

The Vikings are the poster child for the proper way to modernize a classic look.  The Browns should have followed suit.  The only thing wrong with their previous look was the brown pants didn't have any striping.

8 hours ago, infrared41 said:

I don't care. 

So why do you post this if you don't care about other people's opinions?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

11 hours ago, infrared41 said:

Worst: 

4o8CUb9.jpg

I was just thinking about this the other day.  The Bengals would be fine if they took the following steps:

1.  Lose the orange collar.

2.  Lose the side panels.

3.  Lose the black pants.

4.  Resurrect their old pants with the straight stripe with tiger stripes inside.

p1_dillon.jpg

They still wouldn't look as good as they did before, but I would be fine with their uniforms.

9 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

The key to me is losing the BROWNS on the pant legs.  Run the stripes the whole length of the pant legs and the white and orange pants would look pretty good.  However, there is probably no saving the brown pants.

Also, change the numbers on the brown jersey from orange to white.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

2 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

So why do you post this if you don't care about other people's opinions?

It was a joke. I thought you'd get that. Then I remembered that you don't have a sense of humor. 

Spoiler

That was a joke too. 

Anyway, I like what I like and that includes a couple Browns combos. Sue me. 

BB52Big.jpg

8 hours ago, Gupti said:

It´s honestly a crime that the Pats-Phins bout didn't find its way onto the worst list.

Should I hire a lawyer? B) If I had a most boring list, that game would have grabbed the top spot. I don't think either of those teams look very good, but I don't think they look terrible either. They're both just kinda there. 

BB52Big.jpg

9 hours ago, CreamSoda said:

You should assign points for each spot and tally up who got the most points for the season!

1st place gets 5 points

2nd place gets 4 points

3rd place gets 3 points

4th place gets 2 points

5th place gets a point

I really like the idea, but I'm too lazy to put in the time to do it. B)

BB52Big.jpg

3 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

Should I hire a lawyer? B) If I had a most boring list, that game would have grabbed the top spot. I don't think either of those teams look very good, but I don't think they look terrible either. They're both just kinda there. 

Let me know if you need someone.  I think my Maryland bar admission has been granted reciprocity in Creamerland.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Just now, leopard88 said:

Let me know if you need someone.  I think my Maryland bar admission has been granted reciprocity in Creamerland.

You're hired, but you should know that I'm taking this thing all the way. No plea deals. Period. 

BB52Big.jpg

27 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

I really like the idea, but I'm too lazy to put in the time to do it. B)

What if you just make the posts like you always do, and one of us figure up the point totals? We can do the work; you just officially acknowledge and co-sign it. 

---

Giants switching to white shoes really improved their look in my eyes, especially the road look. Also, when I think of DA BEARS in my head, I envision their road uniforms with the blue pants automatically. It is a very classic look for them to me. But as you said earlier, different strokes.  

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

14 hours ago, infrared41 said:

Perhaps its just me, but the full-Gumby next to the Pat's dated PYPs mess of a road uniform was particularly rough on the eyes in my book.

Doplhins%20v%20Patriots%2002.jpg

Archived