2017 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LII

canzman

4 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I'm not that surprised that the fact that the Ravens wore black jerseys 3 times this year kind of slipped thru the cracks. We've seen these sort of rules being broken before (the Panthers have worn their alt on the road at least once even though the rules state alts are for home only IIRC)... my guess is the Ravens either didn't know, forgot, or just didn't think anyone would notice/care if they threw in one more appearance of the black jersey.

I'd also hazard a guess that they were contacted by the NFL uniform police, reminded of the rule, and told to knock it off.  I doubt there'd be a fine for something like that. Also, it isn't the kind of thing the NFL would bother to make public... the news would be met by everyone who doesn't frequent this site with a big fat "who cares"? 

I am thinking the Ravens wearing their black alts a 3rd time was due to the game being on Christmas weekend. Also, the last two seasons the Titans have worn the alternate light blue jerseys on the road three times (all in Florida, all with white pants). The only time Tennessee has rocked the light blue tops at home since going back to navy as a primary was the #ColorRush game vs Jacksonville last year.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Per instagram Tennessee is once again going with their boring mono-navy at home Sunday. Seems like they are having a love affair with the navy pants, having wore them in most of their games this season. I thought they would get the message that their last few home games have been against teams that like to wear dark blue or black pants with white jerseys on the road (Cincy, Houston, LA Rams, and Jacksonville).

6 hours ago, msubulldog said:

Per instagram Tennessee is once again going with their boring mono-navy at home Sunday. Seems like they are having a love affair with the navy pants, having wore them in most of their games this season. I thought they would get the message that their last few home games have been against teams that like to wear dark blue or black pants with white jerseys on the road (Cincy, Houston, LA Rams, and Jacksonville).

You would think they would ditch the navy pants especially since they have been losing while wearing them.But what do I know.Just a uniform junkie.

8 hours ago, msubulldog said:

But why should the home team alter the uniform that they apparently want to wear based on what the visitors choose to wear?

It's where I sit.

It's possible that superstition could play a roll.Let's just say the 49ers beat the Rams this Sunday making the Rams 0-2 in the throwbacks in 2017.If your the Rams do you then wear the throwbacks on wild card weekend the next week even if the league gives their blessing?Hell no.

24 minutes ago, Pauly said:

It's possible that superstition could play a roll.Let's just say the 49ers beat the Rams this Sunday making the Rams 0-2 in the throwbacks in 2017.If your the Rams do you then wear the throwbacks on wild card weekend the next week even if the league gives their blessing?Hell no.

Well maybe they don't think it's cursed because the first game was against the Seahawks which is a fine loss and this week the Rams are resting so they actually might be trying to lose so that's why they could still wear throwbacks during the wild card round

4 hours ago, Tracy Jordan said:

Even though the AFL never aired on CBS, Wouldn't it be fun if they went with a throwback-style broadcast to go along with this game?

I believe they've done it in NASCAR for the last few years when they go to Darlington. If NASCAR can, the NFL can too.

What a pleasant surprise from Tennessee. Surprised the captains had so much say and that the team could change this close to game day but I'll take it!

Saints tweeted that they are in white on gold this week. Pretty sure that is the first time this season for that look and the first time in a while they have worn it vs. Tampa.

Cardinals will be in white pants. Still no white on red since 2010, but there is enough red in the all white to me that it doesn't matter too much.

Browns are trying to make it 0-11 in white on white with orange socks this season. Aside from preseason, I don't think they ever wore that look until last season's finale at Pittsburgh and now somehow it's become their go-to look. Really hope to see brown and. orange jerseys for most home games next year and some brown pants with the white jersey.

Archived