Contests?

CC97

How Should Contests Be Handled?  

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

With an influx of one-and-done contests going on with sometimes little work put into organising it... should we limit the amount of contests that go on at one time?

Maybe 1-3 or 1-3 + 1 Contest Series (like the loglympiad or the survivor series).

Or how about having all the contests approved by a moderator before being started to help keep the amount down, and keep the impulse contests from starting then ending quickly.

What do you think?

Chris

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think there should be a limit of 4 contests going on at once, plus a series competition.

Also, I wanted to get into the mix and have a monthly competition held by myself and done accordingly.

FYI - Mine is called "King of the Design" (laugh all ya want) and the procedure is as follows. Three weeks for entries to be completed and submitted, One week for voting, then a winner will be announced, then the next months competition begins. All entries must be submitted anonymously so voting will be totally fair. (for this to be done, no watermarks and identification of ones work will be allowed on submitted work. Thus I will put a copyright on each submitted entry and a mark of the contest logo (which should be completed shortly) so nothing can be ripped off.

There's my two cents.

And I think taking the approval for a contest of a board moderator is a great idea. That way, we can make the thread for the contest a sticky at the top, 4 contests at a time, with one large series contest. When the contest is over, we remove the sticky. Sound good?

That was part of our plan, forgot to mention it in the initial message.

They'd be sticky during the contest, and unstuck when it was over.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

I think it would be good if a moderator had an eye on how many contests/series are going on at the same time. It would probably prevent from having too many contests. Making the contests sticky until there finished is another good idea, but if you want to do that, it might be good to have a section for these contests, as the "sports logos" section will have a lot of stickys.

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

I was also wondering if Nitro will still be running the Survivor Series.

If not, I'd love to have the chance to take over in his stead.

he's still got it. Its on hiatus for now. But not for long....

And I think taking the approval for a contest of a board moderator is a great idea.  That way, we can make the thread for the contest a sticky at the top, 4 contests at a time, with one large series contest.  When the contest is over, we remove the sticky.  Sound good?

That was part of our plan, forgot to mention it in the initial message.

They'd be sticky during the contest, and unstuck when it was over.

Mod approval for polls and contests would be a great thing. That way every Tom Dick and Harry isn't starting one.

It's where I sit.

I was thinking of this a while back.

Perhaps we would have a limit of 3 contests they would be based on a calandar month, so people know when they start and end. Contests posted as stickys on the first of the month. Submissions due on the 19th of the month and voting from 20th of the month until the day before the last day of the month.

Anyone who wants to run a contest can submit to the mods and every month they pick three, based on whatever criteria they see fit. If yours is not picked, the mod can either tell you that it could be picked at a later time or perhaps that it likely will not and you can resubmit or not resubmit based on that.

I would let all current contests run their course, but starting Sept 1, have the new, more organized way.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I've run 22 contests(my own and then filled in for Iron Crossover a couple times), and although i wanna run some more there's one thing stopping that: the glut. although my preference is to start up and end without having to answer to anybody, if this means there won't be a glut of contests that are run worse than the Blackhawks, i'm all for submitting them to the mods. as I speak I am planning for DiscrimiBattle XXI B)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I personally think that there should be a contests board where you can hold as many contests as you want over there... but that's just my opinion.

By the way, I am proud to say that I have NEVER held a contest, nor really want to.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

My personal opinion would be that all contest are put in to their own section (like "Sports Logos" and "Requests"), and that once a contest is over, the thread is locked. And I dont think there should be a limit on an amount of contests, if a person chooses not to do the contest, they dont have to.

Mod approval for polls and contests would be a great thing. That way every Tom Dick and Harry isn't starting one.

I disagree. I don't like the idea of having one or two people decide who's contests get in and who's don't. Also, I think it could potentially create a new reason for more disagreements and fighting - something we are all tired of.

I have run two contests - both of which I think were cool ideas and ones in which the entrants had fun participating in. Since I've only been around on these boards for a few months, would my contests be rejected in favour of a more experienced member's contest or a friend of the mod? Besides, this is a public forum, not an elitist group. I like the idea that every Tom, Dick, or Harry can start a contest.

I agree there has been waves of contests that clutter up the main sports logos board. I think that having a separate section for contests is the best solution to this and limiting the number of contests is a bad idea.

Archived