8BW14

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/6/2018 at 10:59 PM, 8BW14 said:

Oh well okay then. Just curious, do the Bucs colors always look like that to you or just for that concept? I used the current red but the pewter is closer to the old swatch.

I can usually tell the difference. Your concept just have a different shade that really close to red. 

First, I have an update to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. I changed the road numbers from pewter to red and darkened the pewter and now it's more gray than brown/green:

ViOgCAO.png

UzPLQqR.png

LYnbe7A.png

Now, were on to the new stuff. First I have a pretty simple idea for a Browns logo. It's basically a football shape with the classic Browns stripe running down the center. The stripes, colors, and football are the Browns identity so I think a simple football shape might make for a decent logo, at least better than an outdated helmet model.

43U3PSN.png

Too simple, too abstract? I'm definitely open to criticism here, so fire away.

Now we have the Arizona Cardinals. The first change I made was replacing the yellow beak with copper as a nod to Arizona's copper industry. 

81UNyAd.png

The uniforms are inspired by these Chicago Cardinals uniforms. The oldest team in the NFL should embrace their history and wear a classic uniform.

NkdSrwm.png

Simple single color numbers, sleeve stripes and side panel stripes evoke an old school feel, but the custom number font and truncated pants stripe add a modern touch that make for a simple, contemporary uniform set. The shoulder yoke on the white jersey brings some color to an otherwise white-heavy primary road look.

GF5jG5Y.png

A pair of copper alternate pants that can be worn with either the red or white jersey make for a nice change of pace and add to the vintage feel of the uniform. The Color Rush uniform features Arizona flag sleeve caps with the monochrome Cardinal Red uniform.

Well, that's it for today. Thanks for having a look and I'd love to get some C&C or any feedback, especially on the Browns logo. Thanks again. 

23 hours ago, JViking5 said:

I'm frustrated that nobody has thought of the Browns logo before. I think it's genius! Stays simple but much more unique than the current logo. Great job!

Agreed

Excellent!

23 hours ago, VikingsAiden said:

I think that the Cardinals look might be too similar their division mates, the 49ers, especially with the copper pants. Giving the home jersey a white yoke and red striping would help differenciate the two teams a bit more.

I had thought about that issue but maybe the white helmet is enough to differentiate the two? I don't know, maybe I should ditch the sleeve stripes and move the numbers there or add a yoke, like you said.

23 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

I think the Cardinals turned out great. The little side details are a great way to side panels in a non-wonky way. 

The Bucs look nice but I am not a fan of the sword details on the pants. 

Thanks, I didn't know what everyone else would think about the side stripes. 

I think the Bucs sword looks much better on the pewter pants than the white pants and I didn't wanna use a traditional stripe. Would the sword work better if it was always on a dark background?

12 minutes ago, 8BW14 said:

Thanks, I didn't know what everyone else would think about the side stripes. 

I think the Bucs sword looks much better on the pewter pants than the white pants and I didn't wanna use a traditional stripe. Would the sword work better if it was always on a dark background?

I think that would help. Another detail would be to center the groove in the middle of the blade. Another idea might be to repeat the red on both sides or switch it to the edge side of the blade. Right now its a little reversed. The red is on the opposite side of the edge which would actually draw blood and the fuller (groove) is close to the edge when it would be closer to the spine in practice. 

american-british-revolutionary-war-cutla

1 hour ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

I think that would help. Another detail would be to center the groove in the middle of the blade. Another idea might be to repeat the red on both sides or switch it to the edge side of the blade. Right now its a little reversed. The red is on the opposite side of the edge which would actually draw blood and the fuller (groove) is close to the edge when it would be closer to the spine in practice. 

I think maybe this works better?

j7GfsTP.png

t2R1BzP.png

I made a few changes, per your suggestions. Moving the red to the blade side was obvious, cant believe I didn't do it that way to begin with. I moved the groove more to the center like it would be on a real sword and I also added a pewter outline on the white pants.  I also, got rid of all the orange on the uniforms except for the football in the logos. It just doesn't work with this design and I'm totally okay with that. 

fd8TSXi.png

Here's my Cleveland Browns logo concept. I think a football shaped badge with stripes is about as simple and Brownsy as it gets I think it's definitely an upgrade over the defacto helmet logo. 

My new uniforms are much more traditional than what the Browns are currently sporting. I mean, come on, why didn't somebody stop them before they became the butt of "BROWNS running down the legs" poop jokes? I changed the orange back to the less saturated orange the Browns have worn historically. The helmet is the traditional Browns helmet, with a darker than standard gray facemask to keep in line with the Browns aesthetic, but put a modern twist on it. The jersey striping is also a traditional brashier stripe to mimic the helmet, but the bottom stripe continues to fill the lower portion of the sleeve caps. The new logo is featured as a patch on the left chest of the jersey. I wasn't really a fan of the change to orange numbers on the jerseys as it messed up the color balance of the uniform for me, so the numbers are back to traditional white and brown.

7BYBNfx.png

The alternate uniform is a throwback to the Jim Brown era, specifically based on the 1964 NFL Championship season. The color Rush uniform is very, very orange and is the same template as the home and road jerseys, except for the dropshadow numbers.

3QB6Y08.png

Well, thanks for having a look and, as always, C&C is always welcome, especially for the new logo. 

On 3/9/2018 at 8:51 AM, 8BW14 said:

43U3PSN.png

Too simple, too abstract? I'm definitely open to criticism here, so fire away.

I really like this concept, it fits the brand of the Browns very well. My only criticism is that because the points of the football are rounded, that white stripe on the inside should be too. If it is and it’s so minor I couldn’t notice, then round it out some more. That being said, I think it’s too vertical to work well as a sleeve patch, not to mention it’s right next to some horizontal stripes and that conflicts. I think this is a logo that could be used like their current primary helmet mark—not used for uniforms. 

spacer.png

Archived