North American Pro Soccer 2019

Gothamite

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That first goal was pretty awesome. I was at Madtree Brewery last night and found myself watching the game next to the mayor of Cincinnati and we high-fived. The rest of the game went about how I expected it. There's going to be some growing pains. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

Last night was fun, except for the result. Watched the game with my dad and he isnt even a soccer fan. Atlanta will be tough as will Portland but in two weeks this city is gonna go crazy with our home opener.

Signature intentionally left blank

3 hours ago, sohiosportsfreak said:

Pretty cool to see Cincinnati have a pro soccer team! As expected, Seattle won, and the next two games are going to be rough as well. But that goal last night was sweet!

It was a pretty amazing goal in person. It never felt like FCC had a chance to win, but it's cool the franchise got a goal -- and that goal! -- in its first match.

Also good that Jordan Morris is healthy and scoring goals again. Especially the kind he's supposed to; he's struggled with that in the past.

The only thing I wish I could have seen last night was the pink and black shirts, but you really can't have everything.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Also yesterday, for the first time in their MLS history, Minnesota defeated a conference opponent (Vancouver) on the road.

For the most part, their offseason defensive upgrades worked as advertised. Both the Whitecaps' goals were on set pieces and against the run of play, especially the one in the first half which the Loons otherwise dominated.

Next week at Quakes is also a winnable game, especially if they can work out their set-piece defending problems.

CCSLC signature.png

There were actually a surprising amount of FCC supporters at CenturyLink last night. They had a decent-sized supporters section, but I saw more than a few folks walking around in blue and orange gear, including a couple with USL-era stuff. A guy in my row was wearing new MLS FCC blue/orange shirt.

Seattle's a transplant city, so it's not surprising to see road fans, but still cool to see those road fans adopting their brand new MLS team.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

1 hour ago, DG_Now said:

There were actually a surprising amount of FCC supporters at CenturyLink last night. They had a decent-sized supporters section, but I saw more than a few folks walking around in blue and orange gear, including a couple with USL-era stuff. A guy in my row was wearing new MLS FCC blue/orange shirt.

Seattle's a transplant city, so it's not surprising to see road fans, but still cool to see those road fans adopting their brand new MLS team.

A lot of them may still be from Cincinnati and probably wanted to make sure to make it out there since it was their first ever game. Not sure what the cost of flights out that way are but if they got them early enough it could've been somewhat cheap. That being said, Ohioans do seem to flock to the Northwest, possibly because it's almost like parts of Ohio, minus the really heavy snow storms. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

14 minutes ago, sohiosportsfreak said:

Anyone know of a free streaming YouTube channel for MLS games like DofuStream does for the AAF?

No. I finally broke down and got ESPN + because ESPN refuses to show FA Cup or Carabao Cup games on regular TV. Living in Texas makes it easy to follow Columbus all year. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

29 minutes ago, sohiosportsfreak said:

Can you watch every game with ESPN+?

No. They show every game that's not on national TV (ESPN, FOX, and Univision) and it's subject to blackouts I believe, so you wouldn't get to see Cincinnati games within that market. I don't think we get blacked out for anything MLS here in Little Rock, so just move here I guess.

6 minutes ago, Red Wolf said:

No. They show every game that's not on national TV (ESPN, FOX, and Univision) and it's subject to blackouts I believe, so you wouldn't get to see Cincinnati games within that market. I don't think we get blacked out for anything MLS here in Little Rock, so just move here I guess.

I think it depends on the team. Most teams will black out home games in the immediate area, but some people as far away as Indianapolis had problems trying to watch Columbus vs Red Bulls on Saturday. Last year the black out area was a lot larger.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

15 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

I think it depends on the team. Most teams will black out home games in the immediate area, but some people as far away as Indianapolis had problems trying to watch Columbus vs Red Bulls on Saturday. Last year the black out area was a lot larger.

Interesting. I wish the blackouts were more consistent across leagues, especially in pro sports deadzones like the one I live in. For MLS I don't have any blackouts, but for MLB I have four (Texas, Houston, St. Louis, and Kansas City) which just seems absurd.

3 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

Portland games are blacked out in Seattle on ESPN+. That doesn't seem right.

Portland hates the Sounders so much that they don't even want you hate-watching them.

What I find refreshing about FC Cincinnati compared to the other sports teams in our market is how much the ownership is involved with the fans. Last night Jeff Berding was in Seattle at Pyramid Brewing, which had been taken over by our traveling supporters. He bought everyone (200 plus) a round of beer. They listen to the fans. You dont get that with Mike Brown or Bob Castellini.

Signature intentionally left blank

8 minutes ago, Dilbert said:

What I find refreshing about FC Cincinnati compared to the other sports teams in our market is how much the ownership is involved with the fans. Last night Jeff Berding was in Seattle at Pyramid Brewing, which had been taken over by our traveling supporters. He bought everyone (200 plus) a round of beer. They listen to the fans. You dont get that with Mike Brown or Bob Castellini.

And Columbus' new owner, Dr. Edwards, is doing much the same. Judging by how many Crew fans were on Twitter just letting out how happy they were to go to a game and have the owner meet them in the parking lot at sunrise on the first day of the season.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Let’s effing go! Great start to the season for LAFC. Nice comeback against one of the best teams in the league. 

As a side note, SKC’s shorts need to be light blue or white. The grey is ugly af. Makes the kit look muddy. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Archived