Logo upgrades that were actually UPGRADES

On 5/6/2019 at 5:28 PM, mattr1198 said:

spacer.png

to

spacer.png

While the current CBJ logo isn't fantastic, I find the original Blue Jackets logo to be absolutely hideous. The heinous neon in the stick and extremely ineloquent CB made just look so awful in my opinion. This logo is so much cleaner and actually evokes the team name (named for the soldiers) clearly. It isn't fantastic but at least it's decent.

That first one reminds me of a neon sign in Vegas or Atlantic City.

4 minutes ago, jn8 said:

This is one that when it was first announced I thought for sure it was an upgrade, no questions about it. Since then, more in the past couple of months really, I’ve started to grow more fond of the older logo. There’s something about the darker red and rougher edges that just seems more... pirate-y(?) to me. I could honestly live with either, though I’d have to give the edge to the previous version 

I think that better looking logo being attached to bad uniforms hurts it too. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/7/2019 at 7:51 PM, QueenCitySwarm said:

Gotta disagree here, never been a fan of the cartoon bird. I understand it's iconic and successful, but it's a complicated mess that looked ridiculous when it was introduced and especially ridiculous now. Now, the Robo-Bird wasn't great, but it was a step in the right direction, as sports logos get simpler and easier to view from a distance, or on a small screen in the digital age. (These complaints also apply to the Maple Leafs, but I have a much bigger problem with the stupid humanoid penguin)

At least it's not the muscle-bound penguin used by their AHL affiliate in Wilkes-Barre/Scranton.

1200px-Wilkes-Barre_Scranton_Penguins_logo.svg.png

CK3ZP8E.jpg

On 5/6/2019 at 5:28 PM, mattr1198 said:

spacer.png

to

spacer.png

While the current CBJ logo isn't fantastic, I find the original Blue Jackets logo to be absolutely hideous. The heinous neon in the stick and extremely ineloquent CB made just look so awful in my opinion. This logo is so much cleaner and actually evokes the team name (named for the soldiers) clearly. It isn't fantastic but at least it's decent.

The disappointing part is they have an alternate logo that would be a great primary logo, and make more sense in regards to the nickname. 

spacer.png

32 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

GHf3qwM.png

The first one is crisp and clean. But the new heritage one it's great how they did classic Leafs in a modernized updated design style. If they went back straight to the 67 Maple Leaf, the inside features would have been off-centered.

201.gif

3 hours ago, BellaSpurs said:

The only problem is I’ve never seen someone call Seattle the M’s, especially with divisional rivals the A’s

Nearly everyone in Washington calls them the M's. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

13 hours ago, habsfan1 said:
14 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

GHf3qwM.png

The first one is crisp and clean. But the new heritage one it's great how they did classic Leafs in a modernized updated design style.

I agree that the first one was crisp and clean. That's why this is not an upgrade.

The logo on the left is a solid, strong mark. The logo on the right looks like someone just scared it. It is the graphical equivalent of Don Knotts.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

On 6/19/2019 at 1:27 AM, Brandon9485 said:

The disappointing part is they have an alternate logo that would be a great primary logo, and make more sense in regards to the nickname. 

spacer.png

The fact that the current logo is a nod to the Ohio state flag is pretty nifty, though. And, the cannon logo looks way better in the actual team colors than it's original alt scheme.

17013982017.gifu2jelkdnhfxbda2vmnsggv6hf.gif444.gifyo3wysbjtagzmwj37tb11u0fh.gif

Archived