NHL changes 2019-20

BJ Sands

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, ColeJ said:

Just comparing the likes between the posts calling the Stars NYR ripoffs and the ones saying that is ridiculous is a fun game.

One side is obviously going a bit overboard here.

Criticizing a teams generic and obviously ripped off striping pattern of another team is not overboard, having low standards and thinking that by just splashing some green on it that its anything creative is whats wrong. like i said get some standards and some thicker skin. 

Just now, oldschoolvikings said:

Are you capable of making a reply without being a jerk about it?

How bout you or anyone else including morgo actually make a good point. something that isnt obviously flawed. then maybe i wont have to call people out on their faults.

Do you think the north stars jerseys look like the rangers jersey they were wearing at the time? If you think it is, do you actually think im not going to call you out on having such a stupid opinion? Otherwise dont comment and i wont have to call you out on your poor logic. Get it?

spacer.pngspacer.png

3 minutes ago, DuckFly2gether said:

Uh... no, do you see a shoulder yolk on the rangers jersey with two outlines? Or are you blind too morgo? Not very perceptive are ya? 

Yeah they have a road jersey that has a shoulder yoke with a pattern on it. 

You keep going in circles with everyone, because you're missing the point. Not everything that is traditional is an O6 rip-off. (The O6 just happen to be traditonal. They aren't necessarily the whole definition of traditional when it comes to jerseys.) The Stars current jerseys draw more from their past then the Rangers. 

1 minute ago, DuckFly2gether said:

Criticizing a teams generic and obviously ripped off striping pattern of another team is not overboard, having low standards and thinking that by just splashing some green on it that its anything creative is whats wrong. like i said get some standards and some thicker skin. 

And you're also missing the point that the Stars didn't just throw green on the Rangers jerseys. There was lots more planning involved, and it happened to end up very similar to the Rangers. 

You need to get some standards and be a little more respectful on how you interact with people. Don't yell at them and say get some thicker skin. Be respectful that someone else is going to see the jerseys a little differently than you. This is a discussion forum about hockey jerseys, leave it at that. It's not that important...

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

2 minutes ago, DuckFly2gether said:

How bout you or anyone else including morgo actually make a good point. something that isnt obviously flawed. then maybe i wont have to call people out on their faults.

Do you think the north stars jerseys look like the rangers jersey they were wearing at the time? If you think it is, do you actually think im not going to call you out on having such a stupid opinion? Otherwise dont comment and i wont have to call you out on your poor logic. Get it?

Stop being a jerk towards other posters or your stay is going to be short here. Capeesh?

50 minutes ago, DuckFly2gether said:

Uh... no, do you see a shoulder yolk on the rangers jersey with two outlines? Or are you blind too morgo? Not very perceptive are ya? 

I guess Dallas ripped off the Rangers then.  Who could be behind such a dastardly trick?  Wait, I know who it was...

F4jc4cG.gif

Just now, chcarlson23 said:

Yeah they have a road jersey that has a shoulder yoke with a pattern on it. 

You keep going in circles with everyone, because you're missing the point. Not everything that is traditional is an O6 rip-off. (The O6 just happen to be traditonal. They aren't necessarily the whole definition of traditional when it comes to jerseys.) The Stars current jerseys draw more from their past then the Rangers. 

And you're also missing the point that the Stars didn't just throw green on the Rangers jerseys. There was lots more planning involved, and it happened to end up very similar to the Rangers. 

You need to get some standards and be a little more respectful on how you interact with people. Don't yell at them and say get some thicker skin. Be respectful that someone else is going to see the jerseys a little differently than you. This is a discussion forum about hockey jerseys, leave it at that. It's not that important...

Ya, and it not the same patten, and the road jersey also has blue cuffs on it, little distinctions like that is how you separate team identities. like i said take a look at the images above, clearly not the seam design. This on the other hand is. It is not that just happened to look similar, IT IS the same thing, just green and black. Take a look.

spacer.pngspacer.png

Once again, where did i say that someone wearing a traditional jersey is ripping off an O6 team? I dont mind traditional looks, i like them, so long as NO ONE ELSE is wearing them. Here is an example.

spacer.pngspacer.png

The fact is no one has for pages now has been able to put up an consistent argument defending dallas' home jersey not being a rip off of the rangers from a striping pov, not the colors, not the fonts, not the logos, but the stripes, and that fact that it is straight up a recolored rangers home jersey is sad. The north starts isnt, its clear to anyone who isnt blind. the stars is, the pictures dont lie.

5 minutes ago, Morgo said:

I guess they ripped off the Rangers then.  Who could be behind such a dastardly trick?  Wait, I know who it was...

Hide contents

No they didnt as i already clearly show you, there are apparent differences between the two looks. Take another look.

spacer.pngspacer.png

NS away no yolk, different stripes, NRY away yolk, separated stripes. NS home yoke, NYR home no yoke. Do you have any arguments yet of what?

Dude, the Stars made literally no mention of the Rangers during their rebrand. Literally none of the prototypes the team has released from their rebranding process look remotely like a Rangers jersey, either;

spacer.png

This one looks like a Habs jersey, sure, but the Habs aren't the only team to have used a chest stripe in hockey history.

spacer.png

This one literally doesn't even have red, so it's definitely not a Rangers knockoff. Closer to Winnipeg, maybe.

spacer.png

Then there's this one that was toying with keeping gold in the pallet (which I'd actually love if they decide to change the brand slightly).

spacer.png

Then there's one very clearly inspired by the Texas flag, which is, of course, blue, red and white.

Not one of these looks similar to a Rangers jersey, so the intent was clearly never "Rangers but green and black". They just ultimately decided upon a traditional hockey design that draws from their own past.

17 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Are you capable of making a reply without being a jerk about it?

13 minutes ago, DuckFly2gether said:

How bout you or anyone else including morgo actually make a good point. Do you actually think im not going to call you out on having such a stupid opinion? Otherwise dont comment and i wont have to call you out on your poor logic. Get it?

So then, this your way of saying no, you can't not be a jerk about it?

Just now, DastardlyRidleylash said:

Dude, the Stars made literally no mention of the Rangers during their rebrand. Literally none of the prototypes the team has released from their rebranding process look remotely like a Rangers jersey, either;

spacer.png

This one looks like a Habs jersey, sure, but the Habs aren't the only team to have used a chest stripe in hockey history.

spacer.png

This one literally doesn't even have red, so it's definitely not a Rangers knockoff. Closer to Winnipeg, maybe.

spacer.png

Then there's this one that was toying with keeping gold in the pallet (which I'd actually love if they decide to change the brand slightly).

spacer.png

Then there's one very clearly inspired by the Texas flag.

Not one of these looks extremely similar to a Rangers jersey. The intent was clearly never "Rangers but green".

What are you talking about man? Are you not paying attention! Once again, for the millionth time, where did i say any of those looks are rangers rip offs or that the stars made a mention of the rangers during their rebrand? anywhere? No. The only one i mentioned was the first pic and how it is just a canadiens recolored home jersey, which it is.

Im talking about what they use now. once again, do you have argument about their CURRENT home jersey not being a rip off of the nyr home jersey from a striping perspective or not?

5 hours ago, DuckFly2gether said:

The panthers are clearly another example of O6 dress up as well, another boring generic chest stripe uni with little difference between them and the canadiens outside of them using gold and the canadians using blue and two less stripes on the hem, on a team from the 90s with no historical or aesthetic reason to wear such a thing.

"outside of all the things that distinguishes it from the Canadiens, which is like 9 things, it looks like the Canadiens"

These are not O6 looking uniforms and nobody would ever mistake them for one unless they're engaged in a bad faith argument. 

USATSI_12304054-1024x760.jpgimage.jpg

Outside of a stripe on the chest, there's nothing original 6 about these at all. They're a modern take on striped uniforms, if anything. If you think this is Original 6 dressup, then you don't know what that means. That's why I said that terms sucks. People have used it incorrectly and in bad faith arguments (See: yours) to the point that it's lost all meaning. 

The stars home and lightning also continue to do this. Just recolored generic garbage. The hurricanes may be using a diagonal wordmark like the rangers but at least they brought back their warning flag pattern and use much different striping to look more modern and embrace THEIR identity, not someone else's. So no, it hasnt stopped, it still persists and ill continue to call it out.

Thank you, Kind Hero. Please Stay vigilant. 

And no its not lazy critique, it critiquing lazy design, which many here seem to like because of their low standards of design. apparently coming up with a different traditional striping pattern like VGK or a WPJ did when they came in in the 2010's was too hard for some teams these days, so they just took something someone else has worn for generations, splashed a different color scheme on it and think that somehow makes it unique or creative. it's not, its lazy trash.

And ya i know they stars go back to the 60's, if they want to have a more traditional look, FINE, the panthers can too, just dont take someone else's design. Do what vegas and winnipeg did, actually be creative, make a nice modern classic looking jersey.

Vegas is using the same template as the Coyotes. "But it's a unique color scheme!" Oh you mean like the Stars?????

If you took this jersey design shown below, recolored it green, black and white, its still nothing more than a recolored canadians jersey, just like what they have now is a recolored rangers jersey instead, regardless if the color they use is not used by anyone else. I was never talking about the color.

you can't ignore the color, though. That's what separates them from the rest of the league. If you ignored every team's color scheme and stripped everybody down to black and white a lot of these jerseys would look really really similar. 

Its the design thats lazy, and looking at other concepts of their's like this one its clear the stars didnt try very hard during their rebrand and were tying to and ultimately went with the O6 direction with not one but two, completely ripped off lazy recolored design concepts of O6 teams. Sorry for actually wanting these team to try harder and have a more unique look of their own which includes the striping, kind of an important part of the jersey. 

You don't know what you're talking about or how the process works. They didn't settle on this final jersey because they were too lazy to come up with something else. 

And I'm not talking about baseball, i dont watch that sport,

"I'm ignorant of something so you can't use it as an analogy to point out the silliness of my argument"

my critique is of the stars and other NHL teams who have no business wearing these lazily designed O6 knock offs and putting almost zero effort into creating either an original traditional or non traditional look of THEIR OWN. Not that hard, people on these boards come up with better concepts almost everyday. 

People on these boards also come up with some trash every day that'd be ripped to shreds by us and social media at large. The Stars look works because it's now timeless and they can wear it forever. It market tested well, and the fans responded well. That's why they chose it, not because they were too lazy to come up with something else. 

Get some standards bud.

People disagreeing with you doesn't mean they have low standards. Shape up or you're going to get banned. Again? 

PvO6ZWJ.png

2 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

So then, this your way of saying no, you can't not be a jerk about it?

All im waiting for is for someone to make a rational argument, i already said my piece, the stripes are the same. is there even an argument to be had. its quite obvious. do you not think the striping is the same or too close? all i did was criticize their home jersey for being designed lazily.

And dont come to me with these flawed arguments and assertions that i never made, about the north starts jersey being a rip off when we all know its not even close, or that i accused all the stars 2013 concepts of being rangers knock offs, or that i want the league to look like its 2001, or that dallas MUST wear a dark color palette. i never said any of that.

Do you not expect me to defend myself and point out person after person after person making up foolish argument/assumptions that clearly hold no water and have no basis. Like i said simply prove me wrong, or dont waste my time. Then i wont have to point out such dumb responses. 

3 minutes ago, DuckFly2gether said:

All im waiting for is for someone to make a rational argument, i already said my piece, the stripes are the same. is there even an argument to be had. its quite obvious. do you not think the striping is the same or too close? all i did was criticize their home jersey for being designed lazily.

spacer.png

So New Jersey was ripping off the Rangers all along, I take it? They have the same stripes, after all!

spacer.png

Ooh, so is San Jose here! Look at those identical stripes!

2 minutes ago, TheGoldenTriangle said:

spacer.pngmight be more than two, but yes, I definitely see a Rangers jersey, with a shoulder yoke, that also includes two or more outlines on it. It’s not looking too good for ya, bud.

Uh no, once again another flawed argument. the rangers away jersey that DOES have a yoke has cuffs to it AND a different striping pattern, but please explain to me how that makes me wrong when none of these jerseys are alike? It doesn't look like either the home or away of the north stars. And then people wonder why i have to mock their intelligence when they post such obviously flawed responses that hold no water like this. pathetic. 

Rangers47.pngNorthStars17.png

1 minute ago, DuckFly2gether said:

And dont come to me with these flawed arguments and assertions that i never made, about the north starts jersey being a rip off when we all know its not even close, or that i accused all the stars 2013 concepts of being rangers knock offs, or that i want the league to look like its 2001, or that dallas MUST wear a dark color palette. i never said any of that.

Do you not expect me to defend myself and point out person after person after person making up foolish argument/assumptions that clearly hold no water and have no basis. Like i said simply prove me wrong, or dont waste my time. Then i wont have to point out such dumb responses. 

I didn't make a flawed argument. I didn't make any argument at all. I haven't entered an opinion about the Stars' jersey one way or another.  All I said was I believe  all your replies are really jerky. I bet if we let everyone debate that point, I'd win.

1 minute ago, DastardlyRidleylash said:

spacer.png

So New Jersey was ripping off the Rangers all along, I take it?

spacer.png

Ooh, so is San Jose here!

Good god it never ends. Having vertical stripes and a yoke isn not a rangers rip off, the stripes are not the same, the stars jersey is. once again, do you have an actual argument?

Archived