BJ Sands

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, Morgan33 said:

Look familiar?

Y6AbNlF.jpg

What animal is that?

I really think the yeti foot logo was the bottom of the yeti’s foot (much like how the Eugene Emeralds use the foot of the Sasquatch)...but in a few ways the snow print argument makes sense too. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Tbh I think the Avs home jersey is my favourite in the league. Switching the double stripe to a single grey one was the right call and I think the single stroke numbers are fine as well. The whites are fine too.

I have never seen a single mockup replacing the black with burgundy or blue that looks anything but terrible. 

One thing I'll say about the current shoulder patch, it looks great on the home jersey.  On the road, not so much.  They should have taken the time to make version where the 'C' is blue so it properly contrasts on the burgundy shoulders.

NX1Bdfp.png

8 minutes ago, Point1 said:

Tbh I think the Avs home jersey is my favourite in the league.

It's a great looking jersey.  I can't think of another example where a team's home look was so lopsidedly superior to its road counterpart.

10 hours ago, Ridleylash said:

I mean, the Avs' logo is pretty outdated anyways, IMO; I'd be fine with replacing it with the Rockies fauxback logo full time.

Sure, that's valid. My point is they don't belong together and it just adds to the discordance of their jersey elements. Like I said, I personally don't mind their primary - I think it still works and has some great equity, but I'd rather see a jersey that works and not one that has competing styles etc.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

On 9/4/2020 at 5:58 PM, Ridleylash said:

I mean, the Avs' logo is pretty outdated anyways, IMO; I'd be fine with replacing it with the Rockies fauxback logo full time.

I personally don't think the logo is outdated but can see why others would.  That being said, I don't think it'd be a good idea to replace something that's been in use for 24 years, with two championships behind it, for a re-colour of a logo belonging to a different team that never won anything.  Especially now that 90's nostalgia is just becoming trendy.

25 minutes ago, Morgan33 said:

I personally don't think the logo is outdated but can see why others would.  That being said, I don't think it'd be a good idea to replace something that's been in use for 24 years, with two championships behind it, for a re-colour of a logo belonging to a different team that never won anything.  Especially now that 90's nostalgia is just becoming trendy.

It's a bit of Stockholm syndrome for sure, but I feel the same way. Their current look isn't spectacular but it's better than any other idea I have seen presented for the team and it's stuck this long.

I was fairly certain they were going to switch to the alternate look when Adidas took over and am so glad they didn't. The alternate faux-Rockies look is just so boring and forgettable.

EDIT: And as someone born and raised in Colorado, I am so sick of seeing the damn flag on everything.

On 9/5/2020 at 11:07 AM, _RH_ said:

I'm still surprised we never saw their normal jerseys with the blue helmets/gloves/breezers from either (a) the winter classic or (b) the navy:

I wouldn't be surprised if the NHL had a rule about switching brezzers for a non-event one off. I can't think of an example where a team wore different breezers with their primary look for a random game in the middle of a season.

jNTsTyQ.png

16 hours ago, TalktoChuck said:

It's a bit of Stockholm syndrome for sure, but I feel the same way. Their current look isn't spectacular but it's better than any other idea I have seen presented for the team and it's stuck this long.

I was fairly certain they were going to switch to the alternate look when Adidas took over and am so glad they didn't. The alternate faux-Rockies look is just so boring and forgettable.

Agreed. I don't understand why people think that a triangle with a C in it is better than their current logo, which admittedly is a bit 90s looking but not SO 90s that it needs to be updated. I think it's a really strong, recognisable logo with some good history behind it. The idea of going from that which has some character, to the bland, boring navy alternates is just sad to me. No one would notice the triangle logo. It's like if Boston went with the big black B logo full time instead of the iconic spoked B. I don't know, it just doesn't excite me. Stick with your history, don't modernise everything by stripping it all down to something simple and boring.

Also don't like the huge white shoulders. Bad template if you ask me. Needs some burgundy, isn't that their colour??

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

On 9/4/2020 at 11:20 PM, the admiral said:

The part where there's one set of footprints is where Peter Forsberg carried Ray Bourque

Nah, he was too busy almost dying from internal bleeding and getting major surgery after the second round to carry Bourque to that Cup.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Archived