NHL changes 2019-20

BJ Sands

3 minutes ago, DuckFly2gether said:

And then people wonder why i have to mock their intelligence when they post such obviously flawed responses that hold no water like this. pathetic. 

Yes, very mature of you to just namecall and attack us when we dare not agree with your opinion. 😛

2 minutes ago, DuckFly2gether said:

Good god it never ends. Having vertical stripes and a yoke isn not a rangers rip off, the stripes are not the same, the stars jersey is. once again, do you have an actual argument?

Do you have an actual argument as to why they're Rangers ripoffs besides "same stripes" despite literally nothing about the team's rebrand ever even remotely suggesting that was the intent? Or are you just going to call us all "pathetic" and continue to insult us?

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, TheGoldenTriangle said:

All NHL teams are lazily ripping off the Montreal Canadiens because they have stripes and a logo on a long sleeve shirt.

Image result for montreal canadiens 1911 jersey

Now that you mention it, the Stars away jersey completely rips off the hem stripe on the Habs away jersey!

AmPJ0Ty.png 

1 minute ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I didn't make a flawed argument. I didn't make any argument at all. I haven't entered an opinion about the Stars' jersey one way or another.  All I said was I believe  all your replies are really jerky. I bet if we let everyone debate that point, I'd win.

I couldn't care less about how i come off, im here to critique jerseys. Thats not what im talking about, im talking about the jersey and no one has made any arguments that refutes my point because they cant. they are now resorting to saying the NS jersey is a rip off of the rangers, or that the devils and sharks are a rip of too. Once again, these are clearly flawed, stupid posts that have no logic behind them. No one has refuted me yet, and dont waste my time with these posts that make ZERO sense comparing other teams to the rangers that dont even look like them, thinking im wrong, when the post made is completely irrational and then get mad at me for pointing out how foolish someone has to be for making such a post. What a joke.

1 minute ago, bkknight95 said:

Image result for montreal canadiens 1911 jersey

Now that you mention it, the Stars away jersey completely rips off the hem stripe on the Habs away jersey!

Once again, a flawed argument, having one part of the jersey match another teams jersey is not what im talking about, this is just another straw man. My criticism is clearly that the ENTIRE striping pattern on the stars home jersey is the same as the rangers, which it is, and no one has proven me wrong because they cant so they resort to pathetic posts like this thinking it wins the argument. Whats next? anyone who has cuffs on their sleeves is ripping off the blackhawks? 

5 minutes ago, DastardlyRidleylash said:

Yes, very mature of you to just namecall and attack us when we dare not agree with your opinion. 😛

Do you have an actual argument as to why they're Rangers ripoffs besides "same stripes" despite literally nothing about the team's rebrand ever even remotely suggesting that was the intent? Or are you just going to call us all "pathetic" and continue to insult us?

It's not an opinion, the jersey stripes are the same, no one has refuted this, all you do is make up arguments that i never made, post videos of 90s tv show intros and attack me on things i never said and think you won the argument. you havent. like i said prove me wrong, show me that its not a rip off, dont post pathetic things like you are doing, just prove me wrong, dont make follish comparison with no logic behind it, or any other weak attack. but you know you cant, because no on has yet to do it. So all you can do is say im mean to you.

Just now, DuckFly2gether said:

It's not an opinion, the jersey stripes are the same, no one has refuted this, all you do is make up arguments that i never made, post videos of 90s tv show intros and attack me on things i never said and think you won the argument. you havent. like i said prove me wrong, show me that its not a rip off, dont post pathetic things like you are doing, just prove me wrong, dont make follish comparison with no logic behind it, or any other weak attack. but you know you cant, because no on has yet to do it. So all you can do is say im mean to you.

I literally posted images of the team's rebranding process and none of it has anything to do with "ripping off the Rangers". What more evidence could you possibly need when we have rebrand stuff directly from the team itself that refutes the idea of it knocking off the Rangers?

Nobody is denying that the Rangers and Stars use similar templates, Bud!

That’s not the issue, Bud. The issue, Bud, and what nobody can understand, Bud, is why that’s such a problem when the two teams use vastly different color schemes and logos. I’m all for having 32 unique and distinct looks in this league and the Stars contribute to that end because of their color scheme even if their stripes kinda look the same as another team’s stripes. 

relax. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

2 minutes ago, mcj882000 said:

Honestly who cares if Dallas rips off the Rangers or not? They look fantastic regardless.

Thats an opinion, not a fact. Many here have already stated, like bayne and myself that the look is weak, not everyone likes it so why cant we critique it? Is that not what these boards are for? 

The argument isnt even if they look good or not, my whole point is that the jersey stripes are too similar to the rangers and should be criticized for its lazy deisgn. And all i get in return is people making comparisons that make no sense, posting others jerseys that dont look anything like the rangers and thinking it wins the argument, and saying im a "jerk" for criticizing peoples poor logically flawed responses.

Alright, that's ENOUGH. This bickering has gone on for far too many pages and wholly derailed the thread. It's clear no one is going to change anyone's mind, so I would ask everyone involved to drop the matter immediately.

@DuckFly2gether: You're free to disagree with others' opinions on the boards, as they are free to disagree with yours, but we as a moderating team expect you to do so in a civil manner. Name-calling and mocking other members' intelligence (your words) will not be tolerated. 

7 minutes ago, DastardlyRidleylash said:

I literally posted images of the team's rebranding process and none of it has anything to do with "ripping off the Rangers". What more evidence could you possibly need when we have rebrand stuff directly from the team itself that refutes the idea of it knocking off the Rangers?

And i posted a response saying i never said all their concepts were rangers rip offs. Once agin, what are you even talking about? im talking about their current jersey, the one they wear being a rangers knock off, since when does having others concepts from 2013 that arent like rangers change anything about what they wear now? I criticized their current look and the first concept thats look exactly like montreal as O6 rip offs, not the other ones. do you not even understand what my argument even is? this is unbelievable! 

And you still have yet to make a point. Why do you keep responding back with things im not even talking about? ive seen all those concepts, im not talking about them, im not talking about their color, im not talking about their logos, im not even talking about their away jersey. im talking about the home green. what is the issue that you dont get here? 

6 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

Nobody is denying that the Rangers and Stars use similar templates, Bud!

That’s not the issue, Bud. The issue, Bud, and what nobody can understand, Bud, is why that’s such a problem when the two teams use vastly different color schemes and logos. I’m all for having 32 unique and distinct looks in this league and the Stars contribute to that end because of their color scheme even if their stripes kinda look the same as another team’s stripes. 

relax. 

To be fair ice cap said its not the same, which is clearly not true.

Once again not criticizing their color scheme atm, im talking about the stripes, they should be more creative with it. Im also for having all teams have different looks, but not JUST with color, with the jersey stripes too, everything. having a different color and logo is not enough, your stripes should be different, it doesnt take much effort to do that, they should not be this similar to another team, that is lazy design is it not? simply throwing out a color that no one else is wearing on a template that you yourself admitted is a similar template and saying that good enough is weak. can i not critique that part of their brand?

12 minutes ago, officeglenn said:

Alright, that's ENOUGH. This bickering has gone on for far too many pages and wholly derailed the thread. It's clear no one is going to change anyone's mind, so I would ask everyone involved to drop the matter immediately.

@DuckFly2gether: You're free to disagree with others' opinions on the boards, as they are free to disagree with yours, but we as a moderating team expect you to do so in a civil manner. Name-calling and mocking other members' intelligence (your words) will not be tolerated. 

Why cant we have a conversation on whether or not a teams look is creative or not? Im not trying to change anyone's mind, im merely stating the stripes are the same. all im asking for is people to respond back to me with posts that make sense instead of false accusations, calling me mean, and making terrible comparisons to prove me wrong that make no sense and making fun of me when all im doing is making an comparison between two teams' looks.

Just now, bkknight95 said:

Image result for shia labeouf clapping gif

once again, that isnt an argument, all im saying is the two teams look too alike, and the design choice is lazy. posting gifs, youtube videos and comparison of others teams that dont even look like the rangers isnt an argument. like i said, its just being childish. 

2 minutes ago, DuckFly2gether said:

Why cant we have a conversation on whether or not a teams look is creative or not? Im not trying to change anyone's mind, im merely stating the tripes are the same. all im asking for is people to respond back to me with posts that make sense instead of false accusations, calling me mean, and making terrible comparisons to prove me wrong that make no sense and making fun of me when all im doing is making an comparison between two teams' looks.

you aren't trying to change minds. you're just trying to belittle anyone that disagrees with you. which is just about everyone.

take the L and move on, bud.

1 minute ago, DuckFly2gether said:

once again, that isnt an argument, all im saying is the two teams look too alike, and the design choice is lazy. posting gifs, youtube videos and comparison of others teams that dont even look like the rangers isnt an argument. like i said, its just being childish. 

I'm literally not arguing anything you have brought up by you on the matter of the Stars Home jersey by posting a gif of Shia Labouf clapping rather aggressively in response to something I found funny. 

I wish you well on this crusade sir, a crusade you continue to insist upon. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

1 hour ago, DuckFly2gether said:

Uh... no, do you see a shoulder yolk on the rangers jersey with two outlines? Or are you blind too morgo? Not very perceptive are ya? 

This from the guy calling the Stars jerseys New York Rangers ripoffs while completely ignoring the different striping and yoke configurations on the roads.

Edit: Didn't see the Mod Warning until now.  This has been vastly entertaining but we've all beaten this horse into the ground.

Archived