NFL draft picks in new jerseys 2019

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This obviously isn't his new jersey number, but just showing off the rarely-used "narrow" version of the NOB font.  I can only think of one other instance for sure (when "MIKE PATTERSON" had to go FNOB by rule).

D5LjIJ_XsAAlMP3.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

4 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

They generally get the jerseys with a number 1 at the draft.  The jersey with the assigned number come with the first visit to team headquarters.

I think they mean when they arrive at team hq, I know the pats don’t assign there’s until later and just put jerseys out with just there round number, bbtv’s pick shows this too

2 hours ago, dont care said:

I think they mean when they arrive at team hq, I know the pats don’t assign there’s until later and just put jerseys out with just there round number, bbtv’s pick shows this too

Eagles usually only assign a number to the 1st round pick - and even then, not all the time.  Probably only if whatever number he wants just happens to be available at the time.  The rest don't get numbers until mini camp, and they may change as guys start getting cut.

Here's their #1 from this year in what will presumably be his number.  I have no idea who he is or if this is his college number too.

HMGSFLYKANFUZL5RMQ4ZRI4XKE.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

18 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

This obviously isn't his new jersey number, but just showing off the rarely-used "narrow" version of the NOB font.  I can only think of one other instance for sure (when "MIKE PATTERSON" had to go FNOB by rule).

Rodgers-Cromartie

spacer.png

19 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Why? And I found this picture from an Ebay listing.

s-l300.jpg

IbjBaeE.png

It used to be that if there was two players with the same last name, they had to have their first initials on the back.

If there was two players with the same last name and same first initial, they had to have their full name on back (not just first two initials.)

That rule, like several others pertaining to names, doesn't exist anymore.

27 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

It used to be that if there was two players with the same last name, they had to have their first initials on the back.

If there was two players with the same last name and same first initial, they had to have their full name on back (not just first two initials.)

That rule, like several others pertaining to names, doesn't exist anymore.

I've seen the first two initials before, but never the full name. Which is why I asked.

Maybe this is more for another thread about initialed NOB's or something.

IbjBaeE.png

16 minutes ago, ZipperClub said:

The latter rule was never applicable, as Mike and Dimitri obviously start with different letters.

IIRC (and I might not... it was a while ago) the problem was with a preseason player, and the MIKE was removed either before the season or shortly after.  He might not have actually even worn that in a regular-season game.

5 minutes ago, monkeypower said:

I've seen the first two initials before, but never the full name. Which is why I asked.

Maybe this is more for another thread about initialed NOB's or something.

Here's a few other modern-era examples.  I'm pretty sure it was mostly a preseason issue.

2946829989_1ff17af09c_o.png 2802524341_afd702ff3e_o.jpg 1995827924_071e77c515.jpg?v=0 1995921930_a55451b185_o.jpg

2 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Here's a few other modern-era examples.  I'm pretty sure it was mostly a preseason issue.

I've always thought the stacked approach worked much better

zewshycoidhfqq6fkpgy.jpg

Stacked hasn't been an option in 30ish years. 

Archived