Adidas Announced as Little League World Series Uniform Supplier

dfwabel

https://news.adidas.com/baseball/adidas-partners-with-little-league--baseball-and-softball/s/412c2b6d-61fa-4cf0-9c0c-4c16132ccc00

Little League® Baseball and Softball and adidas today proudly announced a multi-year partnership in which the Portland, Ore., based company will be the official uniform, footwear and coaches apparel supplier for the Little League World Series  (LLWS) and an Official Sponsor of Little League.

Beginning this season, adidas will design and create all official on-field uniforms for all seven of the Little League World Series events throughout the United States. Additionally, adidas will outfit all teams with adidas cleats, training apparel and accessories and all coaches will be supplied with athletic footwear and apparel.

This will apparently supercede their existing agreement with Easton , who was supplying footware and runs

2022. Easton will still supply equipment.

Important to note that Russell has recently attempted to exit the uniform-manufacturing business. They stopped with college, planning to do just high school. They've dialed it way back due, I assume, to inability to compete with the other companies.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

56 minutes ago, Clintau24 said:

Important to note that Russell has recently attempted to exit the uniform-manufacturing business. They stopped with college, planning to do just high school. They've dialed it way back due, I assume, to inability to compete with the other companies.

Last fall they stated an intent to re-enter the uniform business but this deal probably happened before that. Too bad those 3 striprs will probably be all over those uniforms. Blech!

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Adidas Announced as Little League World Series Uniform Supplier

May 2, 2019 - 17:50 PM

Little League Baseball and Softball announced yesterday that Adidas will be the official uniform supplier for the Little League Baseball World Series beginning with the 2019 season. Adidas will design and create all on-field uniforms for each of the seven […]

Read More...

3 hours ago, Webfooter said:

Let's hope they don't go with just a bunch of tequila sunrise Astros and retro White Sox jerseys.

God forbid they dust off the Zubaz from the NCAA tourney uniforms 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

10 hours ago, dfwabel said:

Little League® Baseball and Softball and adidas today proudly announced a multi-year partnership in which the Portland, Ore., based company will be the official uniform, footwear and coaches apparel supplier for the Little League World Series  (LLWS) and an Official Sponsor of Little League.

Isn't adidas based in Germany?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

15 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Isn't adidas based in Germany?

Their US headquarters is in Portland, so technically speaking per legal protection laws they are based in the US. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• 1 month later...

My biggest fear was the 3 stripes treatment would conflict with the jerseys but they kept it demure and have them touching each other. It's a good touch. Not a fan of the contrasting sleeves though. They should be one color if there's no side piping. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

28 minutes ago, AstroBull21 said:

Why is Canada and Southeast on that photo twice?  Also, I see East/Midatlantic and Great Lakes/Midwest are the same color?

East is for Baseball

Mid-Atlantic is for Softball

Great Lakes is Baseball

Central is Softball

The World Series uniforms for both sports are present in the photo, but the regions are not the same for each sport.

On 6/12/2019 at 11:32 PM, NicDB said:

They look a little too much like soccer shirts for my taste, but still not as bad as some of what we've seen recently.

They look more like batting practice jerseys than soccer jerseys. They almost remind me of the jerseys I wore in Little League. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 minute ago, MJWalker45 said:

They look more like batting practice jerseys than soccer jerseys. They almost remind me of the jerseys I wore in Little League. 

It's the striping pattern on the sleeves that makes it look more soccer to me.  We had the 80s-style pullovers.  

Archived