2019 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIV

canzman

On 9/9/2019 at 7:23 PM, insert name said:

The current Dolphins look is NOT an upgrade. It’s probably the most boring look they’ve ever had. It doesn’t help that they keep wearing it next to the more superior throwbacks, a set that the fans and players prefer over the current. 

I like it but the throwback is a lot more fun.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/9/2019 at 7:23 PM, insert name said:

The current Dolphins look is NOT an upgrade. It’s probably the most boring look they’ve ever had. It doesn’t help that they keep wearing it next to the more superior throwbacks, a set that the fans and players prefer over the current. 

It’s definitely not an upgrade and it’s definitely not their throwbacks or anywhere reminiscent of such, but it fits in with the current era of uniform design. Most people’s beef about the Dolphins is the logo and it seems like because of that, they’re trying to find other things wrong with the uniform design to justify their hatred for the logo.

8 hours ago, JOEYxFRESCO said:

Blue over black for Carolina tomorrow 

Its almost like their throwing back to the "prototypes" just with slight alterations. I think this looks OK on paper but I think it'll be a dud once it's on TV.

spacer.png 

http://www.gridiron-uniforms.com/GUD/controller/controller.php?action=weekly&year=2019&week=2&league=NFL

GUD has Arizona in white this week. I checked their social media accounts and they posted an "icy whites" wallpaper yesterday, but it didn't say anything about that being the combo this week. That game is a totally mystery at this point.

17 hours ago, aaa333bbb said:

Is this confirmed? The release the Dolphins made when they announced these uniforms kind of made it seem to me that the white version would replace the aqua ones. https://www.miamidolphins.com/news/dolphins-will-wear-white-throwback-uniforms-in-2019

The article from your link stated that the Dolphins would wear the all-white AFL throwback this season which they're gonna be doing, but it doesn't say that the aqua home throwback jersey was being shelved.

Anyway, It was reported and confirmed by the lad who runs the Gridiron Uniform Database website, and he always seems to be spot-on with his research. 

He has the Dolphins wearing their aqua home jersey 1966 AFL throwbacks at home on 01-DEC against the Philadelphia Eagles. He also has Miami wearing their all-white AFL throwback at home this Sunday vs New England, and also in Week 8 at Pittsburgh, which is gonna be on Monday Nite Football.

So there it is, the white jersey throwback twice, and the aqua jersey throwback once . . 

Since the Fish don't possess a color-rush uniform and no longer have that alternate orange jersey they're permitted to have a 4th jersey, which is now the white jersey 1966 AFL throwback.

http://www.gridiron-uniforms.com/GUD/controller/controller.php?action=single-weekly&game_id=2019_PHI-MIA^13

spacer.pngspacer.png

1 hour ago, insert name said:

So many combos the Panthers could’ve gone with and they chose the WORST one. 

I knew it, I just knew that once Richardson sold the Panthers that little by little they were going to screw up what was a really nice uniform set.  I'm not even talking about the black or Carolina blue pants that have since been added to their collection. 

If they insisted on making any changes they should have made the Carolina blue jersey the primary with the Black jerseys being flipped and becoming the alternate. I don't even mind the Carolina blue or Black pants that have been added . . but

Already they've tampered with the side pattern design of the white pants and removed the panther logo and I reckon they've probably done the same to both the black, silver, and the carolina blue pants. I still can't believe they messed with the side pants striping, theirs was so unique, I really liked it. 

The blue jerseys look best with the silver pants IMO due to the helmet being silver.  The white pants were just 'okay' with that jersey, and if they insist on wearing the black pants with the Carolina blue jersey then they should be wearing the Carolina blue socks, NOT the black ones.

Like this 👇🏼👇🏼👇🏼

spacer.png

1 hour ago, WBeltz said:

Its almost like their throwing back to the "prototypes" just with slight alterations. I think this looks OK on paper but I think it'll be a dud once it's on TV.

spacer.png 

They wore it once during preseason last year but with blue socks instead of black. Looked pretty good IMO 

usa_today_11124195.jpg

7 hours ago, DNAsports said:

It’s definitely not an upgrade and it’s definitely not their throwbacks or anywhere reminiscent of such, but it fits in with the current era of uniform design. Most people’s beef about the Dolphins is the logo and it seems like because of that, they’re trying to find other things wrong with the uniform design to justify their hatred for the logo.

Yes, because other than the logo, this set is very similar to their wonderful 1970-71 stripeless set...

spacer.png

spacer.png

1 hour ago, dirwuf said:

Yes, because other than the logo, this set is very similar to their wonderful 1970-71 stripeless set...

The top image-photo, the png-file that was above (35) Calvin Hill's photo isn't visible.

Can you possibly repost that?  I for one am curious to see. Cheers

2 hours ago, dirwuf said:

Doesn't look all that similar to me.

The stripes on the helmet and the ones on the pants have a much thicker use of orange. 

Besides, the striping on the jersey sleeves and the socks used for the '66 throwbacks adds a lot to that uniform set, and I won't even mention the Stephen Ross logo on the helmets which is not too popular.

Sorry, but considering all that, they should have just reverted back to the '66 throwbacks instead, with the only change being the '97 Dolphin on the logo with the 1966 style sunburst, and of course an aqua pants option, IMO.

12 minutes ago, ARTnSocal said:

Doesn't look all that similar to me.

The stripes on the helmet and the ones on the pants have a much thicker use of orange. 

Besides, the striping on the jersey sleeves and the socks used for the '66 throwbacks adds a lot to that uniform set, and I won't even mention the Stephen Ross logo on the helmets which is not too popular.

Sorry, but considering all that, they should have just reverted back to the '66 throwbacks instead, with the only change being the '97 Dolphin on the logo with the 1966 style sunburst, and of course an aqua pants option, IMO.

I think what he's saying is that it's a good interpretation of the set in a modern form. Yeah it's not exactly the same but outside of the fact it's not the throwbacks people have a problem with it. The set looks good now because the aesthetic of uniforms is moving towards a minimal look and not something that favors stripes all that much. It works better for some teams that have had a simple look over the years (Alabama, PSU, etc.) than ones that have had options that are busy and muddle the brand.

8 hours ago, ARTnSocal said:

He has the Dolphins wearing their aqua home jersey 1966 AFL throwbacks at home on 01-DEC against the Philadelphia Eagles. He also has Miami wearing their all-white AFL throwback at home this Sunday vs New England, and also in Week 8 at Pittsburgh, which is gonna be on Monday Nite Football.

Wait, so the Dolphins will be wearing their white throwback unis against the Steelers who will be wearing their color rush uniforms? When the Steelers could just as easily wear their own throwback uniforms and give us this?

http://www.gridiron-uniforms.com/GUD/controller/controller.php?action=single-weekly&game_id=1984_MIA-PIT^6

1984_MIA_1.png1984_PIT_2.png

And they're not doing that?? C'mon man!!

18 minutes ago, G-tron said:

Wait, so the Dolphins will be wearing their white throwback unis against the Steelers who will be wearing their color rush uniforms? When the Steelers could just as easily wear their own throwback uniforms and give us this?

http://www.gridiron-uniforms.com/GUD/controller/controller.php?action=single-weekly&game_id=1984_MIA-PIT^6

1984_MIA_1.png

And they're not doing that?? C'mon man!!

Actually, Miami isn't doing that either.

I don't mean to be pedantic, but . . The Dolphins throwback facemask is gray, not aqua.

Also the pants belt I think is white, not aqua.

I don't think they had a colored facemask until the 80s, and a colored belt until the 70s. 

and yes, that's what the Steelers are planning to wear, their mono-black color-rush uni's.

2 minutes ago, ARTnSocal said:

Actually, Miami isn't doing that either.

I don't mean to be pedantic, but . . The Dolphins throwback facemask is gray, not aqua.

Also the pants belt I think is white, not aqua.  I don't think they had either until the late 70s or early 80s.

and yes, that's what the Steelers are planning to wear, their mono-black color-rush uni's.

Not everyone has your keen eye ;)

But you know what I mean. Instead of a both-side throwback game in the NFL's 100th year, we get a total genre mismatch. 

4 minutes ago, G-tron said:

Not everyone has your keen eye ;)

But you know what I mean. Instead of a both-side throwback game in the NFL's 100th year, we get a total genre mismatch. 

NOTHING but nothing can match AFL-50 Legacy of 2009 when all 8 AFL clubs had both home and away throwback uniforms, plus Dalllas with their original home uni's from 1960-1963.

The one helmet-shell rule has ruined everything for NFL-100.

Archived