MLS Kits, 2020

WarriorFight

Columbus have worn black at home in every game since the COVID tournament, I think, except when playing Nashville. I dunno, seems odd.

For the future I'd really like them to experiment with yellow/black stripes, maybe bumblebee hoops, other graphic elements. Nice potential for patterned kits. Would be a nice change of pace from four consecutive yellow kits of "barely noticeable sublimated checkerboard".

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, TaylorMade said:

This is better than the goofy gold star. But why would Columbus stack their stars instead of having them side-by-side?

Because MLS stacks the current star above already earned stars, starting last year. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Just now, MJWalker45 said:

Because MLS stacks the current star above already earned stars, starting last year. 

Oh, I just kind of assumed that would go away with the new system.

I also noticed this:

Moving forward, only teams who have won their fifth MLS Cup will receive a gold star above their crest

I wonder if that means they'll keep the current method of having 5 stars with 1 of them being gold or go back to the single gold star to represent 5 Cups.

3 minutes ago, TaylorMade said:

Oh, I just kind of assumed that would go away with the new system.

I also noticed this:

I wonder if that means they'll keep the current method of having 5 stars with 1 of them being gold or go back to the single gold star to represent 5 Cups.

Probably one gold star for LA Galaxy and multiple stars for the other teams. At this rate, in 5 years they'll get rid of stars unless you win 10 titles and start using Italian names for their expansion teams. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, Digby said:

Columbus have worn black at home in every game since the COVID tournament, I think, except when playing Nashville. I dunno, seems odd.

For the future I'd really like them to experiment with yellow/black stripes, maybe bumblebee hoops, other graphic elements. Nice potential for patterned kits. Would be a nice change of pace from four consecutive yellow kits of "barely noticeable sublimated checkerboard".

I definitely think they crew should be an all yellow team with black checkerboard accents but. I would interested to see if they could pull of a croatia style black and gold checker board kit without it looking too obnoxious. 

19 hours ago, BC985 said:

New championship designation system coming next season. I like the champions patch.

So... I'm guessing MLS has completely abandoned their championship star system and brought back the scudetto on top of the new silver star?

spacer.png

spacer.png

Why can’t they just add a star to the existing cluster and wear the scudetto. The scudetto identifies the champion. Wonky Star placement is just excessive at this point. It really shouldn’t be this difficult.

Win a championship: earn one star 

win 5: 4 silvers become one gold

5+: gold on top with silvers below

easy math there

4 minutes ago, Digby said:

Alright fine Columbus is a black at home team now, but can we at least get their keeper the yellow Adidas template for the season?

tenor.gif

One nice thing about the Crew shoulder stripes is they really pop against the dark black, especially in a night game.

Another thing is the white shoulder stripes for Seattle aren't as noticeable in far-away shots.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I agree the scudetto is the best way to honor the defending champ. The star placement stuff is confusing.

I also like the idea of re-coloring the MLS badge, but it really should be gold. Also, it doesnt work as well when every team/jersey has a different colored MLS patch anyway

Archived