MLS Kits, 2020

WarriorFight

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, RayFinkle said:

I am already sick of those big shoulder stripes. 

They’re so awful. They almost look good on Cincy, because they kept it as simple as possible. Everyone else looks like trash. It’s funny to me how Adidas has a bad cycle of designs when Nike has a good one, and vice versa.

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

19 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

The big stripes on the right shoulders are just for 2020 right?

You'd hope so, but they were also designed to celebrate the league's big 25th year. Given that MLS has been mostly invisible this season, it might make sense to do a 25th anniversary of the first season next year, and try the whole thing again.

Also, wear a mask and maybe we can watch those games in person in the spring.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

On 9/25/2020 at 5:11 PM, DG_ThenNowForever said:

You'd hope so, but they were also designed to celebrate the league's big 25th year. Given that MLS has been mostly invisible this season, it might make sense to do a 25th anniversary of the first season next year, and try the whole thing again.

Also, wear a mask and maybe we can watch those games in person in the spring.

The thing is...I like the idea of the shoulder stripes, but they were so big and gaudy that that's what stuck out. 

These feel like a very timid attempt. Throw in the horrible collar and it resulted in a disaster. 

They should've gone all in with giant stripes and paired that with a modern version of 90s style shadow block numbers. 

And that all star jersey...woof. 

• 1 month later...

That's pretty sharp! I love that shade of green they're using, love that stripes aren't completely dead in MLS, and that their inaugural kit is a nice simple base on which to build for changes in the future. Going to assume not many daytime home games, though.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

1 hour ago, Digby said:

Maybe the team is called the Fire because they just keep setting money on fire on terrible decision-making.

This is remarkable. 

In his follow-up tweet, Paul Tenorio gives credit to Fire owner Joe Mansueto for admitting they got it wrong and eating the cost. 

I guess I can see that point, but it's not like the general negative reaction to this logo wasn't immediate. It was reviled from the jump. Maybe this has more to do with MLS licensing and trademark issues, but the USL's Louisville club did it right — released a new logo, pulled it immediately (without it ever taking the field) after receiving overwhelmingly negative feedback, and waited a year to do it right. 

Austin looks nice. Great choice with the green/black stripes. A very unique look that they can own. The white stripes are a little out of place, but that's OK. There will be many versions of this home kit to come in the future. 

Props to Chicago for admitting they messed up. Hopefully they go back and just update their original logo....and wear RED kits with a white chest stripe.

1 hour ago, Digby said:

Maybe the team is called the Fire because they just keep setting money on fire on terrible decision-making.

I recall being part of a discussion earlier this year where it was mentioned this might happen but, IIFC, we all agreed that it was not likely. 

I mean kudos to the team for trying to right a wrong but why change it all? I guess that's the Fire's motto now "Chicago Fire, we keep righting our wrongs". 

1 hour ago, JOEYxFRESCO said:

Austin FC jersey dropped. I like them a lot

I hate everything Austin but I must admit, this is actually a nice look. Would be even better if the adidas stripes weren't white (or there at all) but still, nice. 

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

2 hours ago, JOEYxFRESCO said:

Austin FC jersey dropped. I like them a lot

I disappointed the shirt isn't all green, as that's an absolutely gorgeous shade of it. However, still looks pretty nice. The area around the sleeves is strange - should've just cut off the little bit of green there.

ExJworW.png

48 minutes ago, kmccarthy27 said:

People on MLS' Facebook are complaining they just stole Atlanta's first kit design with Green. 

People on the MLS Facebook page are idiots on a regular basis, so this isn't surprising. 

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Archived