Tweaks or Changes you Would Make to Improve a Current Uniform (without an overhaul)

simtek34

Nothing too major for a change, but things like removing things off a Jersey that still keeps the spirit of it is fine. If I didn't mention a team, that means that either they are fine the way they are and need no change, or they are way too far gone for small changes to fix it.

Also, this is only the Primary Home and Road Uniform. I'm not doing Alternates, because that's a whole other can of worms.

NFL:

• Ravens: Bring back White Socks, or kill the Black pants.
  • Bills: Kill Navy trim, Blue Facemask
  • Panthers: Remove Logo from Jersey to allow more space for TV Numbers and Stripes, kill White and Blue Pants
  • Bengals: Remove side panels and go to Block Font (Kinda big but kinda small change)
  • Cowboys: Navy and Real Silver on both Uniforms, consistent with White Jersey, 60's font
  • Lions: Silver Socks with Blue Pants like the 90's, Blue Facemask, de-italicize the numbers, remove LIONS from Stripes
  • Packers: Kill Collar Stripes, remove white line between stripes on White Jersey
  • Texans: Red Socks with Blue Pants, and (not minor, but) make Red Jersey the Primary
  • Colts: Blue Facemask,  White Jersey with Blue Pants and White Socks as alt
  • Chargers: Powder-Heavy White Jersey, Alt Gold Pants
  • Dolphins: Logo, Logo, LOGO...
  • Vikings: Purple Facemask, White Socks for Purple Pants
  • Saints: Darken Gold, Kill Black Pants and White Socks, Black Stripe on White Pants
  • Giants: White Facemask, Kill White Pants, 
  • Jets: Kill Black and Shrink Chest Wordmark, Stripe on White Socks
  • Eagles: Kill Black Pants
  • Steelers: Block Numbers, Alt White Pants
  • 49ers: Back to Three Stripes

MLB:

• Diamondbacks: Wear Teal-Accented Jerseys only, flip Red and Black balance
  • Braves: Stick to Red-Billed Cap only
  • Orioles: Realistic Bird as alt Cap
  • Red Sox: Red Cap as alt
  • Cubs: Blue Numbers on Road Jersey
  • White Sox: Alt logo on Sleeves
  • Reds: KILL... BLACK
  • Indians: Return of "I" Cap, "C" on Sleeves, return of "Cleveland" Script
  • Rockies: Pinstriped Roads, "CR" on Home, 
  • Tigers: Old "D," Tiger Head on Sleeves
  • Astros: Flip Orange and Navy Balance
  • Royals: Block Wordmark on Road. The Cursive doesn't look good for "Kansas City." Too long
  • Angels: Road Jersey, flips Red and Navy, and "Anaheim" instead of "Angels." Navy cap added. Kill Right arm Sleeve Patch
  • Marlins: Neck Trim, "Marlins" on Home White, focus on Blue rather than Black
  • Brewers: Pinstripe Primay
  • Twins: Kill Gold
  • Yankees: Primary Logo as Sleeve Patch
  • Athletics: Kelly Green. That will be all
  • Phillies: Maroon for Red
  • Pirates: Pinstripes
  • Padres: Sand for Road
  • Cardinals: "St. Louis" on Road
  • Rangers: Blue Caps, and consistent outlines
  • Blue Jays: White-Front Caps, always
  • Nationals: White Alt as Home, bring back DC cap.

NBA:

• Hawks: Volt for Yellow, lose Subliminal pattern, "Hawks" instead of "Atlanta" on Home, Red for Road rather than Black
  • Cavaliers: Full name on Home, Yellow Stripe all the way down the sides. Yellow at Home
  • Warriors: Yellow at Home
  • Rockets: Flip Silver for Yellow, Flip Black for Silver
  • Clippers: "Los Angeles" on Road, Armhole trim, SD Colors
  • Lakers: Have Trim  of White and Yellow match the Purple with 2 color trim. Kill Side Panels or give all three Side Panels (Not Black)
  • Grizzlies: Grizzlies on Home, Memphis on Road, Have White match the Powder Blue in terms of Template (Unique Trim, Curved Wordmark, Logo on Wastband, no Side panels)
  • Timberwolves: Remove Stripe under Nike Logo, fill-in Trim in other Color (Light Blue/White), kill Navy
  • Pelicans: Red on Road, "Pelicans" on home, "New Orleans" on red
  • Knicks: Kill Silver, "Knicks" on Home 
  • 76ers: "Sixers" on Home, back to Red Roads
  • Suns: Extend Side Stripes all the way down
  • Raptors: Purple for Silver
  • Jazz: Extend Side Stripes, Yellow at Home
  • Wizards: Change "Wizards" to "Bullets"😁

da0Lbhs.png

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, simtek34 said:

Nothing too major for a change, but things like removing things off a Jersey that still keeps the spirit of it is fine. If I didn't mention a team, that means that either they are fine the way they are and need no change, or they are way too far gone for small changes to fix it.

Also, this is only the Primary Home and Road Uniform. I'm not doing Alternates, because that's a whole other can of worms.

NFL:

• Ravens: Bring back White Socks, or kill the Black pants.
  • Bills: Kill Navy trim, Blue Facemask
  • Panthers: Remove Logo from Jersey to allow more space for TV Numbers and Stripes, kill White and Blue Pants
  • Bengals: Remove side panels and go to Block Font (Kinda big but kinda small change)
  • Cowboys: Navy and Real Silver on both Uniforms, consistent with White Jersey, 60's font
  • Lions: Silver Socks with Blue Pants like the 90's, Blue Facemask, de-italicize the numbers, remove LIONS from Stripes
  • Packers: Kill Collar Stripes, remove white line between stripes on White Jersey
  • Texans: Red Socks with Blue Pants, and (not minor, but) make Red Jersey the Primary
  • Colts: Blue Facemask,  White Jersey with Blue Pants and White Socks as alt
  • Chargers: Powder-Heavy White Jersey, Alt Gold Pants
  • Dolphins: Logo, Logo, LOGO...
  • Vikings: Purple Facemask, White Socks for Purple Pants
  • Saints: Darken Gold, Kill Black Pants and White Socks, Black Stripe on White Pants
  • Giants: White Facemask, Kill White Pants, 
  • Jets: Kill Black and Shrink Chest Wordmark, Stripe on White Socks
  • Eagles: Kill Black Pants
  • Steelers: Block Numbers, Alt White Pants
  • 49ers: Back to Three Stripes

MLB:

• Diamondbacks: Wear Teal-Accented Jerseys only, flip Red and Black balance
  • Braves: Stick to Red-Billed Cap only
  • Orioles: Realistic Bird as alt Cap
  • Red Sox: Red Cap as alt
  • Cubs: Blue Numbers on Road Jersey
  • White Sox: Alt logo on Sleeves
  • Reds: KILL... BLACK
  • Indians: Return of "I" Cap, "C" on Sleeves, return of "Cleveland" Script
  • Rockies: Pinstriped Roads, "CR" on Home, 
  • Tigers: Old "D," Tiger Head on Sleeves
  • Astros: Flip Orange and Navy Balance
  • Royals: Block Wordmark on Road. The Cursive doesn't look good for "Kansas City." Too long
  • Angels: Road Jersey, flips Red and Navy, and "Anaheim" instead of "Angels." Navy cap added. Kill Right arm Sleeve Patch
  • Marlins: Neck Trim, "Marlins" on Home White, focus on Blue rather than Black
  • Brewers: Pinstripe Primay
  • Twins: Kill Gold
  • Yankees: Primary Logo as Sleeve Patch
  • Athletics: Kelly Green. That will be all
  • Phillies: Maroon for Red
  • Pirates: Pinstripes
  • Padres: Sand for Road
  • Cardinals: "St. Louis" on Road
  • Rangers: Blue Caps, and consistent outlines
  • Blue Jays: White-Front Caps, always
  • Nationals: White Alt as Home, bring back DC cap.

NBA:

• Hawks: Volt for Yellow, lose Subliminal pattern, "Hawks" instead of "Atlanta" on Home, Red for Road rather than Black
  • Cavaliers: Full name on Home, Yellow Stripe all the way down the sides. Yellow at Home
  • Warriors: Yellow at Home
  • Rockets: Flip Silver for Yellow, Flip Black for Silver
  • Clippers: "Los Angeles" on Road, Armhole trim, SD Colors
  • Lakers: Have Trim  of White and Yellow match the Purple with 2 color trim. Kill Side Panels or give all three Side Panels (Not Black)
  • Grizzlies: Grizzlies on Home, Memphis on Road, Have White match the Powder Blue in terms of Template (Unique Trim, Curved Wordmark, Logo on Wastband, no Side panels)
  • Timberwolves: Remove Stripe under Nike Logo, fill-in Trim in other Color (Light Blue/White), kill Navy
  • Pelicans: Red on Road, "Pelicans" on home, "New Orleans" on red
  • Knicks: Kill Silver, "Knicks" on Home 
  • 76ers: "Sixers" on Home, back to Red Roads
  • Suns: Extend Side Stripes all the way down
  • Raptors: Purple for Silver
  • Jazz: Extend Side Stripes, Yellow at Home
  • Wizards: Change "Wizards" to "Bullets"😁

My notes re: the Houston Texans are identical to yours.

Bengals: what you said plus no more side panels. Although personally I’d be happy to see them design a new set around the white color rush which is pretty similar. 

Carolina Panthers: black pants REQUIRE blue socks and must not be worn in any other context. 

Jazz: replace navy blue with purple and either lighten the green to kelly or give more emphasis to the yellow. Need more contrast. 

2 hours ago, simtek34 said:

Giants: White Facemask, Kill White Pants

This seems contradictory to me. With white pants gone, the white facemask wouldn’t match anything else and would stick out, in my mind anyway. I’d say if you go with a white mask, they’d need to get rid of gray pants, not white. 

Ravens: only wear black pants, add the same stripes from the helmet to the pants, give the helmets a purple sheen

Bills: bring back the red helmets and standardize the striping

Panthers: move the TV numbers to the sleeves

Lions: bring back the blue facemasks, get rid of the pointless silver alternate jersey, wear silver socks with the blue pants

Texans: bring back the red socks

Colts: bring back the blue facemasks and wear blue pants on the road more often

Chargers: bring back the gold pants

Dolphins: bring back the teal facemasks

Vikings: make the white jersey's stripes match the white pants' stripes

Saints: standardize the striping, get rid of the black pants, go back to gold numbers/NOB on the road

Giants: just roll back to the 2000-2004 iteration of their look

Jets: outline the stripes to match the numbers

Eagles: keep the midnight green, but simplify the color scheme by removing either charcoal or black

Steelers: logo on both sides of the helmet, pick a better number font

Washington: standardize the striping

Titans: remove the pointless side panels from the jerseys

Buccaneers: fix that awful number font

The Cardinals, Falcons, Bengals, Browns, Cowboys, Broncos, Jaguars, Rams, Patriots and Niners need total redesigns.

The Packers, Chiefs and Seahawks are fine the way they are. Even those uniforms have details I'd change, but they don't bother me the way they are right now.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

NFL:

Panthers: Drop silver entirely (aside from the helmet) and remove the TV numbers. Only allow S/W/W/Blue and S/B/B/Blue with a S/Blue/W/Blue alternate.

Saints: Darken the gold, and put some stripes on your pants like a dignified team.

Bucs: Change the number font.

Washington: For now, put the spear on the helmet and remove any other instance of the logo.

Ravens: Remove the "B" from the logo.

NBA:

Hornets: Put "Charlotte" on every jersey like the old Hornets did.

Any team with the nickname on the road jerseys: No. Put the city name on the roads.

Heat: Emphasize red over black.

Raptors: Put "Toronto" on at least one the jerseys.

Suns: Literally just change any instance of black to purple.

Clippers: Change the wordmark, replace colors with San Diego colors, everything else is fine.

Lakers: Remove paneling on the purple jersey.

Thunder: Move back to Seattle

Magic: Make blue the dominant color, cowards.

MLB:

Diamondbacks: Either drop teal or embrace it. I pick drop it.

Rockies: Get rid of the black vest and change the font.

Angels: Put "Anaheim" on the road jerseys, and no more red-on-red.

Orioles: Get a "B" cap to go with the "O's" one.

That's all I can think of. There's plenty of teams I'd completely redesign given the chance, like the Falcons, Browns, etc. that I can't fix with one change, but this is what I have.

the user formerly known as cdclt

Make the Narionals' piping red only.

Restore the vertical arching on the baseball Giants' wordmark. (I dislike vertical arching for player names, but like it for team wordmarks.)

Three for the Yankees:

Restore the proper spacing between the words on the road jersey, so that it no longer reads "NEWYORK".

Bring back the darker grey buttons on the road.

Get rid of the helmet version of the NY, and replace it with a version that resembles the cap logo 

All three of those tweaks are demonstrated in this photo.

reggie.jpg

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

How about some NHL ones.

Lots I would overhaul, but just some real minor tinkering noted to current primary uniforms to keep with the theme.

• Bruins:  Switch back to yellow socks
  • Flyers: White nameplates with black letters on the white jersey
  • Stars: Make the switch to green helmets
  • Kings: Put hem stripes on the black jersey like you have them on the white jersey
  • Blackhawks and Canucks:  Get rid of the solid colour gloves and go back to the tri-colour gloves like you used to wear.

spacer.png                     spacer.png

10 hours ago, jn8 said:

This seems contradictory to me. With white pants gone, the white facemask wouldn’t match anything else and would stick out, in my mind anyway. I’d say if you go with a white mask, they’d need to get rid of gray pants, not white. 

Yeah, that makes more sense. I was trying to kill off Grey Facemasks when I could, and I also think they Grey Pants fit better for the New York Giants.

Also, I wrote the NFL Section at 2:00 in the morning and was half asleep for the early part, so that might have something to do with it.

da0Lbhs.png

14 hours ago, simtek34 said:

Also, I wrote the NFL Section at 2:00 in the morning and was half asleep for the early part, so that might have something to do with it.

Been there, done that, would have bought the t-shirt if there were a t-shirt about posting on a sports-logos message board after midnight. 

My primary tweak-gripe, NFL-wise, lies with the Jaguars. What they have now is pretty close to swell...if they would just outline those numbers! Black outlines on the teal jerseys, teal outlines on the black jerseys, black-outlined teal numbers on the away whites.

Oh, and emphasize teal more and quit playing up the black so much. If they're going to insist on being so black-heavy, they really need to make their teal pants their primary option and burn the white pants. I think they only wore them once with the black jerseys since they've unveiled this set*, and it was, to me anyway, the best looking combo of their set...

Keelan+Cole+Jacksonville+Jaguars+vs+Dall

Jacksonville+Jaguars+v+Dallas+Cowboys+qe

usa_today_11443037.0.jpg

If they're insistent on playing up the "black" in "black and teal", with these current sets, they should roll with that combo as their primary home look, with this as their primary away look...

tennessee-titans-v-jacksonville-jaguars-

usa_today_11306365.0.jpg

usatsi_11320403.jpg?w=1000&h=667

(While we're at it...so long as they remain in those getups, the Snatit should probably look at elevating that particular look to primary status, too.)

And then come in with this as their alternate...

Tennessee-Titans-v-Jacksonville-Jaguars-

Leonard-Fournette-Titans-scaled.jpg

odwhroystyaawp6hqajc.jpg

That way, they actually play up the teal. It's y[our] color, Jacksonville, the town loves the teal (as do I)...this is TealTown, the stadium was once nicknamed "AllTeal" Stadium (back when it was named Alltel Stadium)...[re]own the teal, please!

None of these should never see the light of day ever again...

1073945252.jpg.0.jpg

1088499570.jpg.0.jpg

USATSI_13477592.jpg

1067734842.jpg.0.jpg

GettyImages-1067715600_1543784989170_104

Or this, unless they find a way to get some more teal involved...

Jalen-Ramsey4.jpg

Note the difference between those and the Jaguars' all-black alternates from about 2001-2005 or so...

PH-304239954.jpg

2806464_display_image.jpg?1318450994

And oh my gosh, I guess I've been down this black-and-teal road before, just a little over two years ago. Wow...

And now I suppose you people have seen more black-and-teal than you ever cared for in one thread. 😁

(Jacksonville's overall look would also be greatly advanced by mixing in justasmidge bit more of gold...but I'll digress on that.)

*Turns out they wore black-over-teal once vs the Colts as well.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

SF 49'ers: When wearing the 90's throwbacks (white pants, black drop shadows on the numbers), put a black face mask on the helmets.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

Too many to think of.  So I'll just go with my teams:

• Vikings: Purple facemaks.  And on the white jersey, have the sleeves emulate the white pants so yellow is not touched by white on both sides.
  • Twins: I don't know if a "Tweak" is enough for this team. 
    • Change the TC to red outlined in white
    • Ditch all gold
    • Ditch the old wordmark from alts  
  • Wild: Outlines on the sleeve numbers of the green jerseys
  • Wolves: A "crossbar" in the "A" in Minnesota.  

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Great topic.  I agree with much of the tweaks already suggested.  Dividing my post into four parts based on each major sport.

MLB

All Teams – put Nike logo on the sleeves.

Cubs

- change logo on blue jersey to the primary (basically a modernized version of the 80s road blue tops)

- blue w/red trims on the numbers and “CHICAGO” script on the road grays would be nice (though I do like the red numbers on the Cubs’ grays for some strange reason)

- home jersey needs no changes whatsoever.

Cardinals

- put “ST. LOUIS” on the road gray jersey

- always wear navy caps with the gray jersey (another strange uniform quirk that I like even though ideally, they should be wearing red caps all the time); alternative is to wear a navy cap w/red bill for road games.

- home jersey needs no changes whatsoever.

Reds

- Get rid of the black-billed cap

- trim the black entirely and just go red/white (maybe gray as a 3rd color only used for trimming)

Brewers

- They already overhauled and is overall better than their previous look as they needed a change. 

- Though I would had preferred royal blue over navy, I’m okay with navy. 

- I would have put the cursive “Milwaukee” script seen on the navy alternate and put them on the road grays. 

- Although the new pinstriped alternates aren’t bad, I would had kept the throwbacks the team has been wearing since 2006 but make them NNOB.

Pirates

- What they have now is fine but maybe add a Gold (yellow) cap w/black bill like their early 70s look as an alternate cap

- Bring back the 60s sleeveless uniforms as an alternate/throwback

- Bring back either the 70s/80s primary logo OR the primary 80s/90s logo as the basis for a new primary logo; demote the “P” logo as secondary and add a black trim

Braves

- No changes need on the regular uniforms.  (Current navy alternate is a major upgrade over the previous one that lacked red)

- However, add numbers on the bottom of the script in the Mother’s Day/Father’s Day/4th of July/Memorial Day specialty uniforms similar to the late 60s/early 70s throwbacks.

Phillies

– keep the current template as it is but change the color scheme from red/royal to maroon/powder blue

- alternative is to darken shade of red (but not Maroon) and brighten shade of blue.

Nationals

– red stays as the dominant color but change the shade of blue from midnight blue to a lighter shade of navy blue. Doesn't help that the Nats’ shade of navy blue almost looks black, especially at night.  I would have gone with royal blue but the Phillies already have red/royal blue covered and both teams are in the same division.

- Make the “Nationals” script uniform the primary home uniform.

Mets

– no changes needed (the big change already occurred in 2013 when they dropped black entirely)

Marlins

– change light blue to teal

- Make Light Blue/Teal the dominate color; black as secondary and red-orange as 3rd color used for trimming.

- The current look, while not perfect, is much better than the orange/black garbage with the Maroon 5 logo they had before 

Dodgers

– scrap the alternate gray “Dodgers” uniform

– add blue alternate with “Dodgers” script which can be worn for both home and road games

– home and road “Los Angeles” script need no changes (although I would add white trim to the road grays (similar to the Tommy Lasorda-era road uniforms) but that would look too similar to the Royals’ road grays)

Giants

– lose some the piping on the road grays (reverting back to the 2000s road set)

- make “SF” logo on black jersey cream w/orange trim (don’t like the black-on-black look)

- home jerseys need no changes however

Padres

– new 2020 brown/yellow look is 1000x much better than the navy blue snorefest they been wearing for the past few years. 

- However, I would lose the pinstripes on the road set. 

- Add the 1998 home uniforms as a throwback (their 1991-2003 navy/orange set wasn’t bad at all actually).

- Make the Swigin’ Flair logo the primary logo.

Rockies

– add more purple on the home pinstripes

- lose the sleeveless black alternate jersey and replace them with a sleeved black jersey.

Diamondbacks

- The tweaks they actually did are an improvement over what they had before (those dark gray road uniforms were just awful! I could barely see the numbers and name on the jerseys!) 

- They still need to choose between dark red and turquoise (I prefer the dark red with the current set, though I would like to see them go back to their original colors, but not all of them.  Just purple/black/turquoise);

- Lose “D’Backs” on the home uniforms and just go with the “A” logo.

White Sox

– Go back to the original look of the road grays (the “Diamond Sox” logo on the sleeve and the thicker pants piping that match the sleeves of the road uniform);

- change the trim on the black alternate uniforms white with black AND white trim to white w/silver trim

- bring the 50s/60s throwbacks as an alternate, replacing the 80s “Winning Ugly” uniforms.

Tigers

– change back to the other Old English D on the home whites (the two different “D’s” were another quick that I didn’t mid)

- lose the white trim on the road grays and simply them as navy numbers w/orange trim

- add an navy alternate jersey (inverse of the classic home set; navy with white names/numbers similar to the Padres’ old navy alternate) and another navy alternate for the road set (navy w/some orange trim) Okay, the Tigers don’t really need an alternate uniform but if they did, those are options I would I to see.

Twins

– add navy pinstripes and red numbers w/navy trim on front of the home whites (they had it right with the 2010 rebrand but the current home uniforms are a downgrade);

- bring back the 60s throwbacks OR instead bring back the 70s/80s uniforms they wore in 2009, the final year at the Metrodome) 

- make the alternate logo (that combines the 70s/80s “Win Twins!” state logo and the late 80s/90s/00s primary logo) the primary over the current roundel logo, which would demoted as secondary logo

Royals

– no changes needed but scrap the powder blue cap if they still wear them.

Indians

– bring back the Cursive “I” alternate cap form 2002-2010 as the primary cap; alternate is to add a white trim on the block “C” cap

- make red the dominate color with midnight navy (which remains unchanged) as secondary color to differ from the Twins, another navy/red team and division foe; 

- Add red and white stripes on both the home and road jerseys (similar to their late 80s uniforms seen in the 1989 movie “Major League”) and even add numbers in front of the jersey as the current road set is drab and boring (the previous set was much better as was the previous navy jersey); 

- Put a feather on top of the Block “C” logo as a nod to Chief Wahoo and add a navy outline. 

- Since the current block “C” logo just doesn’t cut it as a primary logo (it’s fine as a cap logo or secondary logo though),  pick one of the logos between 1928 and 1945 (pre-Chief Wahoo) and modernize it to today’s acceptable terms as a new primary logo and put on the sleeves of the uniforms OR bring back Wahoo BUT give him a HUGE facelift.  Now I’m rambling to “Overhaul” territory.

Yankees

– no changes needed

Red Sox

– no major changes needed.  Glad they went back to the 1990-2008 road set look as the previous road set was too navy-heavy.  Adding a red trim to the numbers and names would had helped those uniforms. 

Orioles

– no changes needed on regular uniforms

- I didn’t mind the realistic bird logo so a throwback option would be their 50s look or the 90s Cal Ricken Jr-era look.

- add white trim to the black alternate jersey perhaps?

Blue Jays

– no major changes need as this was the best sports rebrand of the decade when the Blue Jays came to their senses and scraped the BFBS atrocities of 2004-2011 and modernized their classic 1989-1996 look.

- However, I would like to see them add a powder blue alternate. 

- As for the Canada Day uniforms, I would make the caps red with a white panel, better resembling the Canadian flag.

- Always wear the the blue caps w/white panels at home.  Only wear the all-blue cap for road games.

Rays

– make powder blue the dominate color and navy the secondary color.  Their uniforms need to brighten up considering they play in a drab and ugly dome;

- alternative is keep the current set but change the colors from navy to dark green (a nod to their previously underrated uniform set).  Doesn’t help that 3 of their division rivals also have a shade of blue and they barely stand out.

- Always wear the striped socks with the regular uniforms

- dump the 70s/80s fauxbacks and adopt the 1998 uniforms as a full-time throwbacks

Athletics

– replace the current shade of green with Kelly green; The current uniforms are great as they are now but would look even better in Kelly green.

- Not uniform-related, but hope the team stays in Oakland and get their new stadium there.

Mariners

– add more emerald green (or teal if you prefer) to their uniforms such as the navy and green swapping places (I will still have them in navy shirts and socks though);

- bring back the green cap w/bill cap and wear them with the green jersey;

- change the number font on the navy jersey to be more consistent with the other uniforms; 

- scrap the blue/yellow cream fauxbacks as those colors are more associated with the team having only ONE winning season prior to the 1993 rebrand.

Angels

– change the halo from silver to gold;

- change the red “A” on the red cap and the red “ANGELS” on the red jerseys to white as red on red blends too much. 

- Add more navy (such as navy crown/red bill cap) or maybe gold on the jerseys to differ from the other red/navy teams

- Won't happen but put back “ANAHEIM” on the road set (If the Ducks can embrace their city, so can the Angels).

Rangers

– They just rebranded but the overall look is a downgrade on what they had before.  The home jerseys need a blue cap with red bill, not a red cap with blue bill. 

- Also add numbers on front of the home jerseys to match closer to the Nolan Ryan-era uniforms. 

Don’t like the powder blue set even though the Rangers have worn powder blue in the past (all powder blue doesn’t look right as a home uniform, powder blue jersey with white pants would be ok).  Only certain teams like the Royals, Phillies, and Blue Jays can pull off the powder blue.

- The inconsistency between drop shadows and double outline are also a thumbs down (I prefer them in double outline). 

- Why didn’t they change their primary logo (which they’ve had since 2001 and looked like the now-defunct Expos primary logo) with the new rebrand?

Astros

- Would make the alternate logo (with the orange roundel) the primary logo;  

- Make the orange cap the home cap and the navy cap w/orange bill the road cap

- change the numbers from navy w/orange trim to orange w/navy while keeping the name-scripts as they are (navy w/orange trim).

- Orange shirts and socks at home and navy shirts and socks on the road;

- add orange stripes on the navy socks as a nod to the rainbow guts/rainbow shoulders look (1975-1993).

Next up, the NFL

Bears

– no changes needed

Packers

– no changes needed

Vikings

– just change the facemask from black to purple

- bring back the 60s throwbacks as an alternate

Lions

– scrap the silver/gray alternates

- wear silver socks with the blue pants

Falcons

– fix the pipings on the sleeves and pants

- better yet, make the alternate black throwbacks as the primary and start there although the helmets can be changed to red

Panthers

– wear light blue socks with the black pants

- wear silver pants with the road white jersey to be consistent with the silver helmet

- alternative is to drop silver and make the helmet either white or light blue (the logo would get lost in a black helmet), probably light blue since no team currently has a light blue helmet.

Saints

– add stripes to the black pants

- wear gold socks with the black pants

- alternative is to make the color rush (white jersey with gold numbers w/black trim) look the primary and add a black jersey and even a gold jersey as an alternate.

Buccaneers

- Unfortunately, I can’t choose “Bring back the 1997-2013 uniforms” as an option since this is about tweaks and not total overhauls

- Have no idea how to tweak the current monstrosities apart from dropping the alarm clock-like numbers and changing the piping on the pants.

Cowboys

– stick with one shade of blue and one shade of silver on all uniforms; uniform templates should remain the same though.

- change the silver-green home pants to more bluish silver tint (similar to what they had in the 70s)

- change the thin stripes on the home (white) jersey from black to silver. (how is black on their jersey?)

Giants

– Home jersey needs no changes, but they need to add some blue to the red-heavy road jerseys.  I know they won 2 Super Bowls in those uniforms but the team’s nickname is BIG BLUE, not BIG RED! 

- Bring back the 2000-2004 road look (Such an underrated look which had red numbers but with enough blue to add balance)

- Alternative is to make the color rush 80s/90s white jersey with the current “NY” helmet as the new road white jersey.  Won’t happen since they never win when they wore them.

- also add the blue 80s/90s home (blue) uniforms as an alternate (replacing the Color Rush white uniform)

Eagles

– Keep uniform template but bring back Kelly green; darken the midnight green to replace black;

- alternative is to add a Kelly green throwback (problem is the one-helmet rule but the dark green helmet/light green jersey might create a vibe similar to the Giants and Rams wearing navy helmets with their royal blue jerseys in the 80s and 90s)

Redskins

– No changes needed (although maybe bring back the Florida St-esqe throwbacks they wore in 2002 as an alternate)

Cardinals

– fix all that piping, especially on the road (white) jersey that has a heavy red yoke

- scrap the Color Rush black jersey (with red numbers)

- add the Arizona flag on the sleeves.

Rams

– make the white road jerseys match up better with the throwbacks;

- scrap the navy blue pants

- for their upcoming rebrand, go all the way with royal blue/athletic gold (yellow) as navy/white is boring

49ers

– add third stripe on the jerseys

- keep the 1994 alternates as a throwbacks but wear red socks with them, not white

- never wear the BFBS monstrosities ever again!

Seahawks

– change the shade of green from lime to Kelly

- add green to the pipings of the gray pants

- lose the “Wolf Gray” alternates;

- won’t happen but drop the monochrome look and wear gray pants with the navy jerseys

Ravens

– wear white socks with the black pants

- add stripes to the black pants

- brighten the shade of purple just a bit

- never wear gold pants again.

Bengals

– lose the white side panels on the home (black) jersey

- lose the orange yoke on the away (white) jersey

- always wear orange socks with the uniforms

- reduce the size of the drop shadow on the numbers

- Bring back the Bengal head as the primary logo over the “B” logo.

Browns

– invert the drop shadow numbers (from orange w/white drop shadow to white w/orange drop shadow on the brown jersey and from orange w/brown drop shadow to brown w/orange drop shadow)

- drop “BROWNS” on the pants

- better yet just revert back to what they had before but again this is about tweaks, not overhauls.

Steelers

- no changes need (I know a return to the block numbers would be great but I’ve grown used to the italic number font and would be fine either direction)

Texans

– wear red socks with the navy pants;

- make red jersey primary?

Colts

– no changes needed

Jaguars

– add stripes to the pants (preferably something like the pants from any season they wore between 1995 and 2008); add teal trim to black numbers on road (white) jersey; add black trim on the white numbers on the teal jersey; add teal trim on the white numbers on black jersey

-  find to a way to add gold as a 3rd color

- Make Teal Jerseys primary and the Black jerseys the alternate uniform

Titans

- another uniform atrocity that I can’t figure out how to tweak without going for an overhaul

- Make the light blue jersey primary as navy blue is drab and overused (ironically, I say this as a Bears fan and only certain teams can pull off Navy and the Titans aren't one of them)

- Titans should had went with light blue helmets or kept the white ones (going back to their old look or even the Oilers is not an option since this is tweaks and not overhauls)

Bills

– bring back the red helmets (although the white helmets are fine, I’m just more used to them wearing red ones)

- wear white or red socks with the blue pants

- jerseys themselves need no changes

Dolphins

– wear white socks with the aqua pants

- change facemask from white to aqua

- add an orange alternate jersey;

- alternative is to bring back the throwbacks full-time

Patriots

– lose the side panels on the road (white) jerseys

- add silver or red stripes to the home socks

- change the stripes on the road pants to Red/Silver/Red

- alternative is to make the navy color rush the primary (now worn with silver pants) and make the road whites match the color rush jersey.

Jets

– Scrap the black pants

- Wear the black jersey only with green or white pants

- wear white sock with the green pants

- Had they kept the previous look, I would had like to seen them change the shade of green from Hunter to Kelly.

Broncos

– Change the color of socks from navy to orange

- change facemask from navy to orange

- change numbers on road (white) jersey) from navy w/orange trim to orange w/navy trim

Chiefs

– one very minor tweak: add gold (yellow) trim on the logo on the helmet.  Jerseys themselves need no changes.

Chargers

– change the shade of blue on the road (white) jersey from navy to powder blue

- add either powder blue or gold pants

- maybe darken the shade of gold to differ from the Rams

- Not uniform-related but move back to San Diego as LA belongs to the Rams (who should have never left to St. Louis to begin with).

Raiders

– No changes Need (though they should had stayed in Oakland; I would had been ok if they went back to LA as there are probably more Raider fans there than Charger fans)

Next up, the NHL

Blackhawks

– Bring back the black alternate; no other changes needed

Avalanche

– change the color of shorts from black to blue

Stars

– No changes need although it would be nice to bring back athletic gold (yellow) if possible.  Current set is MUCH better than the previous set (with the basketball-like script and the lack of green)

Wild

– add a red jersey based on the previous alternate green uniform as a new alternate.  Current uniforms need no changes though.

Predators

– change white jersey numbers from navy to gold (yellow) w/navy trim

Blues

– no changes needed

Jets

– no changes needed (can’t think of any tweaks, maybe make the lighter shade of blue the primary color and navy as the secondary color?)

Ducks

– Make orange jersey primary since the Kings also wear black jerseys

- alternative would be is to keep the current template but add the “Mighty Ducks” colors (green/eggplant)

Coyotes

– have no idea what to tweak.  Sorry.

Flames

– change the shorts colors from black to red; alternative is to make throwbacks primary

Oilers

– Bring back the old blue jersey

- demote orange to secondary

- change shade of blue back to royal

Kings

– add a purple alternate?  Tough call choosing to keep black/silver or to add purple alongside black/silver.  Thus, keep the existing uniforms as they are.

Sharks

– add stripes to the bottom of the jerseys

- replace orange with silver as the 3rd color

Canucks

– Make the alternate jersey green (switch spots with blue) further making more distinct from the regular blue uniforms

- regular home blues and road whites need no further changes (change already occurred when they dropped “VANCOUVER” from the jerseys)

Golden Knights

– no changes need since they’re still fairly new

Bruins

– no changes needed

Sabres

– replace navy with royal (they’re actually doing this for the 2020/21 season though)

Red Wings

– No changes needed

Panthers

– have no idea how to tweak the current look. 

- Add 1993-2007 throwbacks (either the red jersey or the navy jersey)

Canadiens

– no changes needed

Senators

– flip color scheme from red/black to black/red to differ from Devils and Hurricanes. 

- Make alternate jersey primary. 

- Add gold as a 3rd color such as adding patterns similar to the 2000s alternate uniform.

Lightning

-  brighten the shade of blue

- add black and silver as secondary colors to differ from the Maple Leafs.  One way to do this is to change color of shorts from blue to black

Maple Leafs

– no changes needed

Hurricanes

– have no idea what I would tweak.  With so many red/black teams in the NHL (most of them in the East) maybe the Canes could bring back the Whalers color scheme (green/navy) but their uniforms are based on the Hurricane warning flag, which is red/black.  Plus this thread isn’t about overhauls thus I’ll leave them as they are.

Blue Jackets

– make the alternate the primary but with red as the secondary color instead of light blue

Devils

– add stripes to the bottom of the uniforms

- 80s red/green throwbacks as an alternate uniform

Islanders

– change alternate uniform color to orange.

- home blues and road whites need no further changes

Rangers

– no changes needed on the regular uniforms but bring back the Heritage jersey as a 3rd jersey.

Flyers

– no changes needed

Penguins

– no changes needed (the one change they needed already happened;  changing from vegas gold to athletic gold (yellow))

Capitals

– not sure what I would tweak (maybe a template similar to the throwback look but with the modern logo?)

- maybe add an alternate based on the 1995-2007 look but with the modern colors?

Lastly the NBA.

All Teams

- No Sleeves on Jerseys (though they stopped doing this a few years ago)

- go back to basics (white/light colors at home; dark colors on the road; alternative is to go the opposite route since many alternate uniforms are dark colors)

Bulls

– no changes needed

Pistons

– regular home whites and road blues are fine but the “Motor City” ones…not so much (make the alternate jersey red)

Bucks

– would replace black with red

Cavaliers

– the home whites and road wine red are fine but find a better navy blue alternate (the one with the “C” logo)

Pacers

– don’t like any of their uniforms as they have had better looks in the past.  Make the uniforms based on the 2018/19 gray uniforms but only with navy/yellow/white color scheme

Knicks

– No changes need

Nets

– have no idea how what to tweak.  Maybe the 2015-2017 “Stars and Stripes” look? 

- A black/red/blue color scheme with the current template?  I know the Sixers tried that during the Allen Iverson era.  I’m stumped as I miss the New Jersey-era uniforms.

Sixers

– Make the red jersey (but with “PHILA” matching the “SIXERS” script) the primary;  Blue jersey as an alternate

- Put “Sixers” on the white (home) jersey

Celtics

– home whites and road greens are fine but scrap the black uniforms. 

- Make another green jersey w/gold trim or even a gold (NOT Athletic Gold/Yellow) alternate jersey?

Raptors

– Go back to the purple/red color scheme since two other teams have red/black (Bulls and Blazers though Rockets and Hawks also have red/black in their respective color schemes). 

- No other team has the “Drake” color scheme (black/vegas gold) but the Raptors look better in their original colors.  Maybe the Pelicans could adopt the that color scheme instead of being another navy blue team.

Wizards

– Keep them as they are for now as I have no idea what to tweak

Heat

– Do like the colors and uniforms as they are but wouldn’t mind if they swapped them with the “Miami Vice”-inspired colors (one of the very few intriguing “Statement/City/Blah Blah Blah” uniforms) while keeping the template of the current uniforms.  Magenta as primary color, Black as secondary color and light blue as 3rd color.

- Also keep the ABA throwbacks as a 3rd color either with their current color scheme (black/dark red/yellow) or the “Miami Vice” colors

Magic

– regular uniforms (home whites, road blues, and alternate black) are fine as they are. 

Hawks

– drop volt for athletic gold (yellow)

- put “Hawks” on the home uniform. 

Make red jersey primary but “ATL” is now put on black jersey and “Atlanta” is now on red jersey.

Hornets

– add pinstripes on all jerseys

- teal jersey as primary and purple jersey as alternate

- scrap the black uniforms

Pelicans

– Replace navy with black to better connect the team with their NFL counterparts (Saints)

- current template is fine but I am conflicted on whether or not to keep the Maudi Gras alternates since I would want the Jazz to return as a Green/Purple/Yellow team.

Mavericks

– Replace royal blue with Kelly green but keep navy blue as dominate color

Rockets

– Go back to the red/yellow color scheme and replace black with navy (since the Hawks would be red/yellow/black) but only use it sporadically as a 3rd color.

Spurs

– Scrap the Camouflage uniforms

- put “SAN ANTONIO” on the alternate gray jersey

Grizzlies

– The shade of powder blue they use is kinda drab (compared to the shade the Nuggets used to have).  Uniform template is fine though.  Go back to the Vancouver-era color scheme?

Timberwolves

– Not feeling the Seahawk-like color scheme; Go back to the Slate Blue/Green/Black color scheme (Kevin Garnett-era); Primary logo is good though and would keep it.

Thunder

Team needs as complete overhaul (they still have that ugly logo!)  Franchise should still be in Seattle as the Supersonics. 

-  Ok, back to the main topic.  Put “City” below the number in the “Oklahoma City” uniform.  Can’t think anything else that DOESN’T require a major overhaul.

Nuggets

– Replace red with powder blue and make powder blue the primary color with gold the secondary color and navy as a 3rd color.

Jazz

– Replace navy with purple

-  brighten the shade of green

Blazers

– home white and road black are fine but change the color font and numbers on the red jersey from black to white w/black trim;

-  add white and silver diagonal stripes on the red jersey.

Suns

– regular uniforms are fine as they but make the “Los Suns” jerseys orange and make them say “Los Sols” (If your gonna use Spanish, use it correctly);

-  Bring back the Barkley-era uniforms as a throwback.

Lakers

– Remove the black panels from the purple road jersey; home yellow and white alternate are fine though.

Clippers

– Another team that needs a major overhaul (ugly primary logo which makes me miss the Laker rip-off logo they had before, BFBS alternate jersey). 

- Okay, use the 2017/2018 powder blue alternate uniform as a base and go from there.

Kings

– Put “SACRAMENTO” on the purple jersey instead of just “SAC” OR put “SAC-TOWN” on the jersey;

- replace silver with powder blue

Warriors

– Scrap the black uniforms since they don’t fit the other uniforms color scheme;

- other uniforms (home white, road blue, and alternate yellow) are fine as they are.  Don’t know what I would tweak.

OK, I'll go away now.

Archived