Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

6 hours ago, 1937redskins said:

all the owners work together. Groenke did nothing independently.The NFL is one unit and if you want in you do what they want.

the Rams move from St Louis was approved on the same day the move was approved from Cleveland to LA.

thats not happenstance. It means they know what they are doing well in advance of telling the public. That means years in advance.

i'm not going in circles about it. Thats my view and I'm leaving it alone from here.

the league will put NFL network offices and sets in there. They didnt have a problem with the move from day one.

..and day one was years ago when you had no idea it was even going to happen.

Sorry...no.

Sometimes a coincidence is just that. A coincidence.

Besides. Your conspiracy theory would mean that the Chargers' attempt to move to LA was a smokescreen. Which means all the reports of Dean Spanos being dejected after the vote are a testament to his  great acting skills.

And I don't believe Dean Spanos is good at anything. 

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, TJSC said:

If the Chargers relocate, I imagine that they'll rebrand to having black and yellow as their main colors, with powder blue as their accent. This allows them to distinct themshelves from the Rams while staying true to their previous colors...

:blink:

Black?  I know they've used it as a (very) minor accent color, but expanding that into a primary would be a significant change, not "staying true to their past". 

10 hours ago, Gothamite said:

:blink:

Black?  I know they've used it as a (very) minor accent color, but expanding that into a primary would be a significant change, not "staying true to their past". 

By "staying true to their past," I meant that the yellow and powder blue is kept into the color scheme, which their primary colors from the past. This is a alternative that is better than giving the team a complete color scheme overhaul. If we retained the current colors, no matter how much we rearrange or mix it up, (numbered helmets, yellow jersey concepts) they will still look very similar to the Rams, in terms of color.

11 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Does that matter?

I wouldn't be surprised if, like someone else mentioned, the NFL wants two distinct looks in LA, as to not water down either brand. Nobody would confuse the Jets and Giants with their colors, but two teams in blue and gold (no matter the shades) may be too similar for them.

3834694136_f375c335e2_o.jpg3833900697_df7864756a_o.jpg

I don't see the NFL telling the Chargers that they have to abandon their brand of 60 years for black jerseys.  

I don't think the NFL will care very much, actually, if one team is navy and white and the other is royal and gold.  Certainly not enough to make one of them change their traditional color scheme. 

Yeah, I think there's a .00000001% chance the Chargers will ever wear black.

If anything, I could see the Chargers continue to move to more powder blue, gold, and white, rather than adopt black.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I'm confused by the new Rams stadium every time I see it's renderings. Really can't tell if it's a closed dome, retractable roof or open air with some sort of bridge like canopy over it?

Hotter Than July > Thriller

It's sort of an arched transparent canopy, yeah. Doesn't retract, but lets air in through the sides. Sure will be cooler than that warehouse in St. Louis.

I only wish it could have the rolling natural grass the Cardinals have. The less carpet, the better.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Rams go back to royal and athletic gold. Blue helmets, blue jerseys, gold pants at home. Blue, white, gold on the road.

Chargers go retro. White helmets, powder blue jerseys, white pants at home. White, white, white on the road.

Both teams keep traditional blue/gold colour schemes that will look great in the outdoors in LA while also maintaining unique looks. No need for either team to go black "just because."

They want to have Final Fours and conventions and stuff at the stadium so a $2.5B stadium doesn't just sit empty for 350 days a year. I suppose they could do trays of sod like the Texans did, but wasn't that a terrible mess eventually? or always?

3 hours ago, the admiral said:

It's sort of an arched transparent canopy, yeah. Doesn't retract, but lets air in through the sides. Sure will be cooler than that warehouse in St. Louis.

I only wish it could have the rolling natural grass the Cardinals have. The less carpet, the better.

If it lets air in on the sides how would in have final fours? It wouldn't be impossible for it to be 55 degrees and windy which could affect the outcome of the game...

It's pretty bad that Football in the elements is becoming less and less common with the rise of turf and roofs. Nothing worse than sports in a lifeless dome, like the Tampa Bay Rays currently do. I mean I'm all for domes and stuff, but you've got to make it look good and can't just slap a court/field in a warehouse and call it a day.

bSLCtu2.png

It's novel. I'd have preferred an open-air, natural-grass stadium, but they needed to go above and beyond to close this deal. If we'd gotten an open-air, natural-grass stadium, we'd be talking about the Los Angeles Chargers out in Carson.

Archived