Charlotte FC announces name and logos

Waffles

26 minutes ago, AidenT0605 said:

if its called soccer why are 10 soon maybe 11 teams have fc in their names? make your mind up its either football or soccer. (its football just saying)

This again.

giphy.gif

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, NYCdog said:

Today they’re teasing logo and colors. And it makes some sense. Based on what I see: 

Carolina Blue = a perfect primary color linking Charlotte MLS to the Carolina Panthers.

Purple = a color used by royalty, a perfect trim color providing brand separation from the NFL club

I’ll predict the name is Charlotte Town FC with the crown being prominently featured in the badge.

3 hours ago, Waffles said:

Here's the glimpse of the crown from the video:

Rs7N0FK.jpg

Great, Hornets colors.

If it's teal and purple I'm going to be disappointed. Teal and purple are great for the Hornets, but they've got a chance to really do something unique here. Make it your own, don't copy another local team's color scheme.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

20 minutes ago, sc49erfan15 said:

Great, Hornets colors.

If it's teal and purple I'm going to be disappointed. Teal and purple are great for the Hornets, but they've got a chance to really do something unique here. Make it your own, don't copy another local team's color scheme.

It's not teal, and it's definitely not the Hornets' teal. It's blue and purple, combining the Panthers and Hornets colors into something Charlotte can really own. A quick glance shows that none of the Big 5 teams use blue and purple, making it entirely unique (although the Jazz used it in the 2000s). 

The blue in the video looks to be even brighter than the Panthers' blue, which is nice, but it's hard to say for sure because of the video compression, shading, and cream-colored background. This is my best guess, but it may just be Panther Blue:

spacer.png

Either way, I'm incredibly excited. Blue and purple is my ideal scheme and I think it'll lend itself to awesome kits and a very classy look overall.

the user formerly known as cdclt

26 minutes ago, QCS said:

It's not teal, and it's definitely not the Hornets' teal. It's blue and purple, combining the Panthers and Hornets colors into something Charlotte can really own. A quick glance shows that none of the Big 5 teams use blue and purple, making it entirely unique (although the Jazz used it in the 2000s). 

The blue in the video looks to be even brighter than the Panthers' blue, which is nice, but it's hard to say for sure because of the video compression, shading, and cream-colored background. This is my best guess, but it may just be Panther Blue:

Either way, I'm incredibly excited. Blue and purple is my ideal scheme and I think it'll lend itself to awesome kits and a very classy look overall.

Yeah, the clouds and different shades of teal/blue/purple are difficult to determine from that picture. If it's a mix/cross between Hornets teal and Panthers blue, fine. I just don't want an exact Ctrl+C Ctrl+V from the Hornets color palette.

3 minutes ago, sc49erfan15 said:

Yeah, the clouds and different shades of teal/blue/purple are difficult to determine from that picture. If it's a mix/cross between Hornets teal and Panthers blue, fine. I just don't want an exact Ctrl+C Ctrl+P from the Hornets color palette.

I'm with you on that, repeating teal and purple would be a bit lazy (though I wouldn't mind a pinstriped teal kit as a nod). I'm also glad it's not blue and black, though again, a nod would be nice. Combing the two into blue and purple ties it back into the Panthers organization and references royalty (as well as the Hornets) creating the perfect color scheme for the city of Charlotte.

I found the building shown in the video. It's at the corner of Tryon and Sylvania Ave., near the Amtrak station northeast of uptown. Somebody in Charlotte go check out the mural!

https://www.google.com/maps/@35.2402943,-80.825958,3a,75y,237.91h,84.82t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sVQZ-Plg2nh3hg10QfSlDAw!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

1 hour ago, sc49erfan15 said:

Great, Hornets colors.

Someone on Twitter pointed out that the two paint cans on the sidewalk near the corner of the building are teal and gold...

9 minutes ago, Waffles said:

Someone on Twitter pointed out that the two paint cans on the sidewalk near the corner of the building are teal and gold...

I didn't notice that... and I just got a lot more excited. The one looks more green to me than teal.

I'm cool with the primary as mint green, teal, or panther blue. The purple and gold touches to the scheme would be nice. Still hoping for Charlotte Town FC but I'd settle for Crown over the rest of the names.

Interesting that they might go with the colors of the Panthers' brothers in expansion... Wonder if they'd do a crest that looks like a coin with the crown on it to give a nod to the banking industry. They'll be playing at the Bank after all.

4 hours ago, sc49erfan15 said:

I found the building shown in the video. It's at the corner of Tryon and Sylvania Ave., near the Amtrak station northeast of uptown. Somebody in Charlotte go check out the mural!

https://www.google.com/maps/@35.2402943,-80.825958,3a,75y,237.91h,84.82t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sVQZ-Plg2nh3hg10QfSlDAw!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

Someone from Reddit tried, but it's a Photoshop.

Just fyi, it's Photoshopped. I had to go out to NoDa earlier so I went by to check just in case.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

3 hours ago, NightmareinParis said:

Interesting that they might go with the colors of the Panthers' brothers in expansion... Wonder if they'd do a crest that looks like a coin with the crown on it to give a nod to the banking industry. They'll be playing at the Bank after all.

Not the bank, but a mint. For some strange reason, the Charlotte Mint has played a relatively large part in all this: the support group is Mint City Collective, the franchise announcement was made at the Mint Museum, BoA Stadium is on Mint Ave, I wouldn't be surprised if mint played a part in all this. Which leads me to another thought: what if the franchise is none of the 8 trademarked names and is instead Charlotte Mint or Charlotte Minters FC? I certainly wouldn't mind, the color's gorgeous.

1 hour ago, gosioux76 said:

MLS Commissioner Don Garber just announced the expansion franchises in Charlotte, St. Louis and Sacramento will all be delayed by one year. Austin FC is still a go. 

•  

Well that sucks. At least the name/crest unveiling is still on schedule, I suppose I can accept this if it means we'll have a team ready to go and be competitive from day one.

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

On 7/16/2020 at 6:38 PM, QCS said:

Not the bank, but a mint. For some strange reason, the Charlotte Mint has played a relatively large part in all this: the support group is Mint City Collective, the franchise announcement was made at the Mint Museum, BoA Stadium is on Mint Ave, I wouldn't be surprised if mint played a part in all this. Which leads me to another thought: what if the franchise is none of the 8 trademarked names and is instead Charlotte Mint or Charlotte Minters FC? I certainly wouldn't mind, the color's gorgeous.

Maybe the color we’re looking at is Mint Blue, a nod to both the Panthers and the banking industry. 

Mint Blue & Royal Purple. 

https://www.canva.com/colors/color-meanings/mint-blue/

NYCdog.png

2 hours ago, RevNet said:

Super glad All Carolina is out. Easily the worst choice and hopefully Carolina Gliders is next.

6 hours ago, pagan696 said:

Not the first mint, the first mint in the Southeast. Charlotte had the first gold mine in the nation but the gold had to be sent to Philadelphia to be minted so a mint was established in Charlotte. It minted coins until being shut down in the late 1800s and the building was later moved and is now the Mint Museum of Art in Uptown.

5 hours ago, NYCdog said:

Maybe the color we’re looking at is Mint Blue, a nod to both the Panthers and the banking industry. 

Mint Blue & Royal Purple. 

https://www.canva.com/colors/color-meanings/mint-blue/

Not sure if it's mint blue, and I kinda don't like it. It's a bit too teal for my tastes, I'd rather have a lighter blue to go with the purple.

Archived