Washington NFL Franchise Retires Name and Logo

raz

You guys are scared about something that hasn't happened and for which there's been no indication will happen.  If anything, they've gone out of their way to stress that they're keeping the colors, so I think this concern is irrational.  Every team has black merch.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, DNAsports said:

Granted, it’s using the former name and current jersey style, this “inverted” grey fashion jersey from last year didn’t look too bad.

spacer.png

Also a logical starting point for a literal Red Tails aircraft alternate. Not saying it's a good idea! Just being a realist! Could be worse!

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

4 hours ago, dont care said:

I could see FSU filing a suit against that. As a throwback it’s fine because they actually wore that, but wearing it regularly along with changing it FSU could file for “confusion” that it could create which is all you need to win an TM, and copyright suit.

Considering FSU pretty much stole that idea from Washington in the first place, they really wouldn't have much of a leg to stand on.  

(Florida State debuted theirs in '76; Washington kept theirs until '80.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

49 minutes ago, BBTV said:

You guys are scared about something that hasn't happened and for which there's been no indication will happen.  If anything, they've gone out of their way to stress that they're keeping the colors, so I think this concern is irrational.  Every team has black merch.

You have an irrational concern over something as insignificant as a pulled out undershirt, yet here we are.

30 minutes ago, Buc said:

Considering FSU pretty much stole that idea from Washington in the first place, they really wouldn't have much of a leg to stand on.  

Well in the 50 years since it’s debuted for FSU they have established it as their look and trademark, and since the WFT haven’t worn it in a regular capacity in the 50 years since FSU would have a legitimate claim since they changed from the original mark, the colors being similar but reversed, and the application being the same.

44 minutes ago, Buc said:

You mean '69?

12 minutes ago, dont care said:

Well in the 50 years since it’s debuted for FSU they have established it as their look and trademark, and since the WFT haven’t worn it in a regular capacity in the 50 years since FSU would have a legitimate claim since they changed from the original mark, the colors being similar but reversed, and the application being the same.

Don't care 🙂 It still originated with WFT and they have not abandoned it. No amount of changing it makes it belong to FSU.

It's where I sit.

1 hour ago, BBTV said:

Dan Snyder is the owner of my supposed favorite football team. 

There is no such thing as irrational fear when considering what he'll do next. 

On 7/13/2020 at 10:02 AM, PaleVermilion81 said:

Go full soccer and just call themselves Washington Football Club. Kinda serious, kinda kidding. 

NO. 

Red Wolves or Red Tails... I just can't keep saying "Washington Football Team". 

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

6 hours ago, BBTV said:

Dan Snyder actually considered adding black to the uniforms in the early 2000s. If he considered it once, it's certainly possible he'll consider it again. And saying they'll keep the colors doesn't mean they won't add a color.

spacer.png

spacer.png

7 hours ago, DNAsports said:

You have an irrational concern over something as insignificant as a pulled out undershirt, yet here we are.

On a website where we discuss uniforms, harping on something designed to circumvent said uniform is hardly irrational.  Try again.

2 hours ago, burgundy said:

Dan Snyder actually considered adding black to the uniforms in the early 2000s. If he considered it once, it's certainly possible he'll consider it again. And saying they'll keep the colors doesn't mean they won't add a color.

spacer.png

I see that's from O'Grady's site - did he actually claim that was legitimately considered?  Like it's something the team actually reviewed and considered, not jus something his team whipped up?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

58 minutes ago, BBTV said:

On a website where we discuss uniforms, harping on something designed to circumvent said uniform is hardly irrational.  Try again.

Neither is discussing whether or not a franchise would ever unveil a black or grey uniform with its new identity. Try again.

1 hour ago, BBTV said:

I see that's from O'Grady's site - did he actually claim that was legitimately considered?  Like it's something the team actually reviewed and considered, not jus something his team whipped up?

The team's blog link and the Gameplan link are dead, but TruColor seemed to know what he was talking about, so I'll take his word that it was legit.

spacer.png

28 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

Neither is discussing whether or not a franchise would ever unveil a black or grey uniform with its new identity. Try again.

Discussing a uniform atrocity that appears on the field every week is not the same as fearing a uniform that doesn't exist.  

4 minutes ago, BBTV said:

Discussing a uniform atrocity that appears on the field every week is not the same as fearing a uniform that doesn't exist.  

You’re right, it isn’t the same. In fact, I’d say debating the potential of new uniforms has a higher place among these board than having some weird vendetta against a player’s personal choice.

On 11/23/2020 at 12:31 PM, dont care said:

We don't know if the NFL still holds a trademark on the design they created.  That's the only thing that matters.

On 11/23/2020 at 4:17 PM, 29texan said:

NO. 

Red Wolves or Red Tails... I just can't keep saying "Washington Football Team". 

I like where you're going with trying to keep "red," but I really wish they would go with Washington Pigskins, allowing them to keep their (former) "'Skins" nickname.

17013982017.gifu2jelkdnhfxbda2vmnsggv6hf.gif444.gifyo3wysbjtagzmwj37tb11u0fh.gif

Archived