2020 NBA Offseason

Digby

On 10/2/2020 at 8:48 PM, AustinFromBoston said:

I'm not saying he's completely responsible for the Big Three only having 1 title, there were other factors like age. I'm just saying people look at that 1 championship and think he's a better coach than he actually is. He has no major accomplishments outside of the Big Three era. 

Keeping the Clippers together when a complete (expletive deleted) ran the team is a significant achievement. He probably wanted out of there just as much as most if not all of the team and kept them together. Can he improve Philadelphia? I believe so, but he's going to have to get new blood in and some of the starters may need to be swapped out too. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/2/2020 at 1:14 PM, floydnimrod said:

Are there guys available who have won multiple NBA titles?

Phil Jackson but I doubt he'd want to coach anymore. Probably more team president but for a good team; his stint with the Knicks was pretty unsuccessful.  I think if Celtics picked up Leonard then Boston might be really desirable; Philly, probably not so much.

I admire the work behind that but white text on white background? Non-linear flow? I think a list would be helpful here.

Dork Elvis (credit: dfwabel) gone from Houston! After anchoring the Rockets with Westbrook's contract! My dream is Westbrook to LA, PG to Brooklyn and parts to Houston, and that seems more possible now than ever.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

It's silly clickbait and I'm falling for it, but this is such a bad look for an NBA franchise. Melo's been gone for a decade; why be so petty?

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

25 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

It's silly clickbait and I'm falling for it, but this is such a bad look for an NBA franchise. Melo's been gone for a decade; why be so petty?

I have no idea how Nuggets fans view Billups, and not only does Carmelo seem like a clear choice over him, but there's at least five other guys you could put on there over him?

22 minutes ago, floydnimrod said:

I have no idea how Nuggets fans view Billups, and not only does Carmelo seem like a clear choice over him, but there's at least five other guys you could put on there over him?

Seems like a push from management to ignore their most popular player of all time that immediately backfires in general response being "what about Melo?" It's Knicks-level pettiness. Or 1980s-Steinbrenner.

Morey on the outs came as a shock to me, but I guess it's a good time to take a break, if you're so inclined to do so. Or say "sayonara!" to a mess you made, exacerbated by indefinite revenue losses. Smart guy to the very end.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

3 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

And, why not David Thompson? I'd put Thompson and Anthony in the place of Billups and Van Exel.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

Eh, I mean... it's favorite player, not greatest.  And it's been a while since I've lived in Denver, but there's no way he's winning favorite player after forcing his way out.  On Twitter I see "Melo is the all-time leader in blah, blah, blah"... okay, but he got booed his first game back in Denver.  He got cheered recently when Portland visited Denver but it was still kind of luke warm.

I feel like Nick Van Exel's a weird choice, but Chauncey played at George Washington High School in Denver and the University of Colorado, so he was definitely a fan favorite.  Laphonso Ellis or Antonio McDyess would make more sense than Van Exel, who was in Denver at one of the low points of Nuggets basketball for just a handful of years.  I would put either of them on before I put Melo (and I like Melo).

IUe6Hvh.png

12 minutes ago, See Red said:

Eh, I mean... it's favorite player, not greatest.  And it's been a while since I've lived in Denver, but there's no way he's winning favorite player after forcing his way out.  On Twitter I see "Melo is the all-time leader in blah, blah, blah"... okay, but he got booed his first game back in Denver.  He got cheered recently when Portland visited Denver but it was still kind of luke warm.

I feel like Nick Van Exel's a weird choice, but Chauncey played at George Washington High School in Denver and the University of Colorado, so he was definitely a fan favorite.  Laphonso Ellis or Antonio McDyess would make more sense than Van Exel, who was in Denver at one of the low points of Nuggets basketball for just a handful of years.  I would put either of them on before I put Melo (and I like Melo).

Fair enough....but read the Twitter thread. It's all Melo.

Anyway, my favorite Nugget to watch was Earl Boykins.

2 hours ago, Digby said:

The Nuggets really have one of the most unmemorable histories possible, for a team that's been around that long.

Where's Dan Issel? Kiki Vandeweghe????

When the most memorable moment is a first  round upset win... it's not saying much

tenor.gif?itemid=17933456

I saw, I came, I left.

This is really interesting:

While 3 is more than 2, that midrange shot is there for anyone who can hit it. AD is a person who makes that shot reliably, which is one of the reasons (that plus his-all NBA defense and height and everything else he does) the Lakers won the Finals.

14 minutes ago, Digby said:

Word is Daryl Morey is in negotiations to join the Philly front office. A surprise great day for the Hinkie faction of the Sixers fanosphere.  

Difference, of course, is Morey wanted to win and Hinkie wanted to lose.

Matching Morey and Doc can't possibly go wrong.

Archived