XFL 2023: Third Time's the Charm!

officeglenn

1 hour ago, Kooky01 said:

Well you beat me to it Red Comet, I was gonna bring up the "Birmingham Blast" and it's racist use. And yeah, the Maniax logo is absolutely one of the worst logos I have seen in my life. 

Birmingham Blast had to have been more of a "didn't think things thru" rather than "let's commemorate that church bombing" -- or at least I hope that's the case. 🙄

• Like 2

6uXNWAo.png

https://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/article/San-Antonio-XFL-team-name-17329948.php

One of the local papers is having a bit of fun with new names for the San Antonio team. 

10 hours ago, Cujo said:

Birmingham Blast had to have been more of a "didn't think things thru" rather than "let's commemorate that church bombing" -- or at least I hope that's the case. 🙄

Yeah, when you try to pick out super aggressive names as part of the branding that was tied to the WWE, you end up with mistakes like this. At least none of the teams were called Backlash or Slammers. 

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

11 hours ago, the admiral said:

I wonder if there's one company that makes the siding for every high school press box.

Probably the same one that sells the same free standing scoreboard that every school with only two sides of seats use.

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

It will be interesting to see if ESPN's coverage of the XFL is more than Sportscenter highlights and games.  If it's more than that, will they have a studio show for the XFL and if so, who would be involved?  Because I can't see most of the NFL guys who work for ESPN having any interest in talking about the XFL.  My idea is to use the college football team of Reese Davis, Jesse Palmer, David Pollack and Desmond Howard as a potential XFL on ESPN studio show.  

3 hours ago, GDAWG said:

It will be interesting to see if ESPN's coverage of the XFL is more than Sportscenter highlights and games.  If it's more than that, will they have a studio show for the XFL and if so, who would be involved?  Because I can't see most of the NFL guys who work for ESPN having any interest in talking about the XFL.  My idea is to use the college football team of Reese Davis, Jesse Palmer, David Pollack and Desmond Howard as a potential XFL on ESPN studio show.  

I'd expect it to be the same as a midweek MAC game. 5 minutes of talk and go straight to the game. Only games I'd expect huge coverage are the opener and the championship. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 7/31/2022 at 12:56 PM, GDAWG said:

Because I can't see most of the NFL guys who work for ESPN having any interest in talking about the XFL.  

I think they'd talk about Jelle's Marble Runs if ESPN told them to, paid them and it got them air time.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Skycast said:

I think they'd talk about Jelle's Marble Runs if ESPN told them to, paid them and it got them air time.

They'll be televising games so I'd expect some type of coverage on Get Up or SportsCenter, but I don't expect a weekly round up like Fox did for the USFL with United by Football. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

2 hours ago, Skycast said:

The guys who cover the NFL already get plenty of air time anyways, because of NFL Free Agency, NFL Draft, NFL Minicamps and NFL Training Camps.  The NFL always does something in the offseason to get these folks on the air talking about it, even during the lull in between mandatory mini camps and the start of training camps.   Besides, I think many of them probably think that the XFL is beneath them and would scoff at talking the XFL. 

On 8/7/2022 at 9:05 PM, neo_prankster said:
On 7/27/2022 at 6:43 AM, McCall said:

Birmingham Blast Bolts = Los Angeles Wildfirecats

Seriously? The Wildcats were almost named the Wildfire?

That would explain the incredibly bland logo

5091_los_angeles_wildcats-primary-2020.png

6uXNWAo.png