Jump to content

2020-2021 NBA Season Thread


DG_ThenNowForever
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, AustinFromBoston said:

Considering how close the series was, I don't think it's too much of a stretch to say he was atleast a small factor in how the series turned out. 

I'm not talking about the 4 straight Finals, just the 2012 ECF. Since that was the last chance for the Celtics Big 3.If Allen stayed maybe they beat Lebron that series. IDK if the would beat OKC in the finals though. 

You can’t even keep your facts straight. Ray Allen was on Boston that year. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Does anyone have a definitive answer as to why ESPN’s Brian Windhorst has such a ginormous boner for Lebron James? For as long as I can remember, he never talks about anything else. He’s Lebron 25/8. Ironically, he fits in well with the oath of ESPN, “Thou shall not speak ill of thy lord and savior, King LeBron Raymone James Sr.”
 

He just looks like he stalks Lebron and watches him from outside his home just to see what kind of toothpaste he uses and how many times he pisses in a 6 hour period. The dude is just obsessive to the core.

spacer.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

Does anyone have a definitive answer as to why ESPN’s Brian Windhorst has such a ginormous boner for Lebron James? For as long as I can remember, he never talks about anything else. He’s Lebron 25/8. Ironically, he fits in well with the oath of ESPN, “Thou shall not speak ill of thy lord and savior, King LeBron Raymone James Sr.”
 

He just looks like he stalks Lebron and watches him from outside his home just to see what kind of toothpaste he uses and how many times he pisses in a 6 hour period. The dude is just obsessive to the core.

spacer.png

He was the main sports columnist when Lebron was in Cleveland the first time. He’s essentially the closest person in the media to Lebron which is why espn hired him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think Windhorst had covered LeBron as a beat reporter in Akron, and then just followed him to Cleveland and then Miami. He's no longer a LeBron reporter (I don't think ESPN has one anymore), but he'll always be tied to him and rightfully so.

 

FWIW, I'm a Windhorst guy. I think he's overall good at what he does and not an access and press merchant like Woj.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

Does anyone have a definitive answer as to why ESPN’s Brian Windhorst has such a ginormous boner for Lebron James? For as long as I can remember, he never talks about anything else. He’s Lebron 25/8. Ironically, he fits in well with the oath of ESPN, “Thou shall not speak ill of thy lord and savior, King LeBron Raymone James Sr.”
 

He just looks like he stalks Lebron and watches him from outside his home just to see what kind of toothpaste he uses and how many times he pisses in a 6 hour period. The dude is just obsessive to the core.

spacer.png

 

He was a Cavs beat writer when they drafted LeBron.  Considering ESPN gives LeBron alone more coverage than some leagues, he probably was hired at ESPN specifically because he's close to LeBron.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

I think Windhorst had covered LeBron as a beat reporter in Akron, and then just followed him to Cleveland and then Miami. He's no longer a LeBron reporter (I don't think ESPN has one anymore), but he'll always be tied to him and rightfully so.

 

FWIW, I'm a Windhorst guy. I think he's overall good at what he does and not an access and press merchant like Woj.

I like Windhorst as well. Look, you have to start somewhere right? I don't even know if he thought his career would be where it's at. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Digby said:

First time watching the Raptors this season. What is going on there??

 

They lost Gasol, Ibaka and Kawhi from their championship core, and I think they've also lost Siakam's confidence. And they're paying near-superstar money to Fred Van Vleet.

 

At the same time, they have more titles in the past 30 years than most other NBA teams so I think it's a wash.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/4/2021 at 10:16 PM, DG_ThenNowForever said:

 

They lost Gasol, Ibaka and Kawhi from their championship core, and I think they've also lost Siakam's confidence. And they're paying near-superstar money to Fred Van Vleet.

 

At the same time, they have more titles in the past 30 years than most other NBA teams so I think it's a wash.

Yeah. 11 current teams without even one title. I'm okay with a down year and a possible rebuild, if needed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Magnus said:

Yeah. 11 current teams without even one title. I'm okay with a down year and a possible rebuild, if needed.

This was always going to be some type of transitional year. Let's revisit their status at the midway point. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.