European League of Football

CrimsonBull9584

Japan has had a very stable pro and college league for decades. Mexico has a new league that's been going steady since 2016. I don't know what's going to happen with the CFL and XFL, but I hope whatever happens makes the CFL more popular and more sustainable. If this league succeeds then American football will have 5 strong pro leagues worldwide.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Im coaching in the PFL currently, and the ELF will be interesting.

Word we are hearing is that they want to expand by 4-8 teams next season, and eventually expand to 30-32 teams and 8 countries.

There are enough well run programs to get there, but finances are going to be a challenge, as some of the teams have major title sponsors and get the best guys, but other programs are limited by location and lack of funding.

The National Leagues are pretty diverse in their domestic player rules. 

PFL teams get:

• 2 Americans (if you played above HS level outside of Europe you are considered one of these two players)
  • 1 Western European - this includes pretty much all of Europe except Lithuania, Latvia, Belarus, Russia, and a couple more
  • 3 Eastern Euros - We have 1 Lithuanian, and 2 from Belarus (those leagues are far below ours, so its a crap shoot on who is as good as their film shows)

ELF is different, but there are still domestic player rules. 

If it works it helps all of us long term, but will be tough on the top leagues, as Germany is having a challenge here. 

3 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Here we go again, another football league trying to be too big too fast. 🙄 Not to mention the travel costs of 8 countries.  Y'all ain't gonna have that much money.  All these leagues think they are going to be bigger than they really are. 

Traveling between countries in Europe is super cheap. 

• Like 5

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

As I understand it the NFL sold the logo's to some indoor-arena league but retained the names (in full i.e. city-nickname) so all the teams need new logo's. I am thinking of uploading diagrams of the uniforms if anyone is interested, although I have little skill in doing the drawings.

8 hours ago, ianintheuk said:

As I understand it the NFL sold the logo's to some indoor-arena league but retained the names (in full i.e. city-nickname) so all the teams need new logo's. I am thinking of uploading diagrams of the uniforms if anyone is interested, although I have little skill in doing the drawings.

Might have been the Arena Football League, or at least one of their owners/investors. I remember shortly before AFL 1.0 went bankrupt and shut down at the end of the 2000's there was talk of them wanting to form an AFL Europe and talking to the NFL about the rights for those names/logos to do it.

Sportslogo-Forum-Signature-2.png

On 3/28/2021 at 3:44 AM, JB-the-Hunter said:

Japan has had a very stable pro and college league for decades. Mexico has a new league that's been going steady since 2016. I don't know what's going to happen with the CFL and XFL, but I hope whatever happens makes the CFL more popular and more sustainable. If this league succeeds then American football will have 5 strong pro leagues worldwide.

I wouldn't classify 3-down football as "American." Sure, Canada is in North America, but the rules are different enough that when folks hear American football they think of the rules played in the USA.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/22/2021 at 12:02 AM, Skycast said:

I wouldn't classify 3-down football as "American." Sure, Canada is in North America, but the rules are different enough that when folks hear American football they think of the rules played in the USA.

We used to use Three downs in Singapore, i think it's changed now.

The game was a lot faster with those older rules.

Logano wins BOWL before Chargers.

• 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...