USFL (Alt History)

WideRight

1 hour ago, WideRight said:

To wrap up the Reebok updates for 2000, here is the new Oakland (for now) Invaders look.  Reebok simplified the look a bit, shifted some stripes around, but really  not a huge change for Oakland. 

spacer.png

Nice. Looks like what the Chargers wore around that time, so definitely era-accurate.

• 1 month later...

Just wrapped up the 1999 season, so we are gearing up for 2000 in the Alt History of the USFL, but that means Reebok is gearing up to provide 3 teams with new looks.  Here are the Top 5 candidates.  Tell me who you think should get a facelift in 2001.

Arizona Wranglers:  Does the flaming brand remain or do the Wranglers go Xtreme?

Houston Gamblers:  Basically unchanged since 1984.  What might the new milennium bring?

Ohio Glory:  Pretty basic, and only 5 years into the league, but do they need to add some flash and pop?

Seattle Dragons: Also only 5 years old, but does the current set really say "Seattle" to you?

Tampa Bay Bandits:  The thin piping and side panels feel very 1990's to me.  Do they pull a Buccaneers overhaul or just a tweek?

2 hours ago, WideRight said:

Just wrapped up the 1999 season, so we are gearing up for 2000 in the Alt History of the USFL, but that means Reebok is gearing up to provide 3 teams with new looks.  Here are the Top 5 candidates.  Tell me who you think should get a facelift in 2001.

Arizona Wranglers:  Does the flaming brand remain or do the Wranglers go Xtreme?

Houston Gamblers:  Basically unchanged since 1984.  What might the new milennium bring?

Ohio Glory:  Pretty basic, and only 5 years into the league, but do they need to add some flash and pop?

Seattle Dragons: Also only 5 years old, but does the current set really say "Seattle" to you?

Tampa Bay Bandits:  The thin piping and side panels feel very 1990's to me.  Do they pull a Buccaneers overhaul or just a tweek?

I'd turn Arizona into purple and teal and they can go back to the state flag colors later.

Bandits could use another overhaul.

Dragons might need a retool, but that can wait another few years.

11 hours ago, WideRight said:

I'd say keep the Glory and Bandits the way they are, they seem like classic looks if I say so myself. I'd say Seattle and Houston should get some minor tweeks with Arizona going full re-brand. Thinking Vegas Outlaws XFL logo here. 

• Like 1

xFUdNmt.png

First of the 2001 Reebok redesigns and the only one without a change to the primary logo.  The Houston Gamblers go full early-2000's with side panels that don't align with the pant stripes well, full unitard (black with black, white with white), and shoulder yokes too.  

Bonus points if you can tell me which pretty bad early 2000's uniform this (I expect short-lived) uniform is based on.  

spacer.png

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, WideRight said:

First of the 2001 Reebok redesigns and the only one without a change to the primary logo.  The Houston Gamblers go full early-2000's with side panels that don't align with the pant stripes well, full unitard (black with black, white with white), and shoulder yokes too.  

Bonus points if you can tell me which pretty bad early 2000's uniform this (I expect short-lived) uniform is based on.  

spacer.png

How about making the side of the Jersey  on the whites Black and the line on the Blacks Red? It seems like the colors are all over the place

spacer.pngspacer.png

Im an isles,rangers,devils,Sabres,Yankees,Mets,Braves,hawks,knicks,nets,bills,giants,falcons,and jets fan. So?

Waiting to hear back on an email I sent to Gridiron Labs for permission to use one of their logos as a base for a USFL update.  We shall see if it comes and I can go with the design I created from that base.  If not, back to the drawing board.   Meanwhile,  here is the second of the 3 updated teams for 2021... The Ohio Glory.

spacer.png

The main logo remains the same.

New secondary logo with a "banner" as part of shape of Ohio. 

Slightly darker blue (it is 2000) but still a flag blue, with red.

More modern striping, including a yoke with partial sleeve stripes. 

New, yet old font style on team name. 

Not a huge update, but the kind of tweak a team could make after 5 seasons.  

• Like 7
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, ralphz said:

... Ooooh, Dallas Wranglers influence?? 

Nothing gets past this board.    Bingo.  Hoping to merge the  Gridiron Labs design with the original flaming brand design (one of my favorites).  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, WideRight said:

Nothing gets past this board.    Bingo.  Hoping to merge the  Gridiron Labs design with the original flaming brand design (one of my favorites).  

That would look great. 

On 7/18/2022 at 5:12 PM, WideRight said:

Waiting to hear back on an email I sent to Gridiron Labs for permission to use one of their logos as a base for a USFL update.  We shall see if it comes and I can go with the design I created from that base.  If not, back to the drawing board.   Meanwhile,  here is the second of the 3 updated teams for 2021... The Ohio Glory.

spacer.png

The main logo remains the same.

New secondary logo with a "banner" as part of shape of Ohio. 

Slightly darker blue (it is 2000) but still a flag blue, with red.

More modern striping, including a yoke with partial sleeve stripes. 

New, yet old font style on team name. 

Not a huge update, but the kind of tweak a team could make after 5 seasons.  

This is really fantastic. I particularly enjoy how the banner pattern is repeated on the pants stripes.

One suggestion: On the secondary state logo, I think the banner effect gets a little lost in all the blue. Would it look worse to have the state be white with a blue keyline, and a blue banner draped over it? 

Still waiting to hear back from Dane Storrusten and Gridiron Labs to see if they are OK with me basing my new Wranglers' logo on their Dallas Wranglers concept.    Since my whole concept for the ongoing USFL Alt History is to use actual logos that exist both within and outside of the actual USFL, I want to be able to incorporate the work of others, rather than purely invent my own designs.

Hoping to get a "sure, go for it" from them since the project is in no way a financial benefit for me. 

Figured you would want to see how I would incorporate it with Arizona's 18 seasons of flaming brand.  Here is what I am hoping to use moving forward.  Fingers crossed I can.   Yes, a lot of gradient work here.  Well, it is 2000-2001, so that seems about right. 

spacer.png

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • WOAH 2