2021 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVI

canzman

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

Huh...six teams that almost always avoid monochrome looks, and five of those have traditional uniform designs. I wonder if there’s a pattern there...

THIS ^^^

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

1 hour ago, Pizzaman7294 said:

Why?

The all white color rush would be cool to see in the snow. And GB has worn the all white for primetime games.

58 minutes ago, NFLfan10 said:

I also don't understand this general association people make between holidays and throwback/alternate uniforms. Especially with a traditional team like Green Bay. 

The word tradition or similar things to it is thrown around so much, that it loses its meaning.

Teams do wear their alternate or throwbacks around a holiday time, but it's not an assured thing.

1 hour ago, NFLfan10 said:

I also don't understand this general association people make between holidays and throwback/alternate uniforms. Especially with a traditional team like Green Bay. 

I feel like that can probably be traced to the Lions of the 90's who often wore their throwbacks on Thanksgiving and then for a while Thanksgiving was the Throwback game for every participating team. Soon after the NBA started playing games on Christmas Day and soon after that starting wearing special one-off themed alternates. Suddenly BOOM simple people think you gotta do something special for Holidays. (You don't and the Packers shouldn't)

PvO6ZWJ.png

52 minutes ago, Sport said:

I feel like that can probably be traced to the Lions of the 90's who often wore their throwbacks on Thanksgiving and then for a while Thanksgiving was the Throwback game for every participating team. Soon after the NBA started playing games on Christmas Day and soon after that starting wearing special one-off themed alternates. Suddenly BOOM simple people think you gotta do something special for Holidays. (You don't and the Packers shouldn't)

I loved the throwbacks on Thanksgiving though, something about that always felt right. I wish those in particular could make a comeback.

Washington looks so crappy in white over white as compared to white over burgundy.  White over white should be a preseason or practice look.  They should be white over burgundy full time - even at home - like in the Gibbs 1.0 era.  For better or worse, that's their look and they should embrace it.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I was annoyed when the white over burgundy look was phased out in 2012 in favor of that hideous white over yellow combination for several years, and now things appear to be trending in a similar direction in favor of white on white.

If they feel so inclined to use this look, I'd rather see something similar to the rotation the Vikings have used with the purple and white pants this season.  

Archived