2021 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVI

canzman

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, gothedistance said:

When there's too much of the same color from the two teams on the field, it negates the 'best look' thing. When the Steelers and Packers play each other, the yellow is too abundant, and pulls their excellency down.

Don’t bother explaining this to him. I’m sure @Sec19Row53 understands this. He’s stated that he doesn’t care.

1 hour ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

Don’t bother explaining this to him. I’m sure @Sec19Row53 understands this. He’s stated that he doesn’t care.

You're right but you're wrong.

gothedistance said:

When there's too much of the same color from the two teams on the field, it negates the 'best look' thing. When the Steelers and Packers play each other, the yellow is too abundant, and pulls their excellency down.

I say that excellent uniforms look excellent regardless of the surroundings, or in this case, the opponent's uniform.

Look - I get it that this board is all about the uniforms, colors, logos. We don't all share the same opinions on what we like, don't like, or even HOW we judge those items.  I've tried to walk away from here more than less lately because it's not worth the effort to repeat my opinion. I'm not going to change any opinions, not will mine be changed. I do get frustrated when discussions here can't see beyond our individual views. I GET why someone would feel the stance that @gothedistance describes above. He and I won't see eye-to-eye on that. Good - it would be boring if we all agreed with each other.

It's where I sit.

3 hours ago, gothedistance said:

Or redesign the uniform all over again when the 5 year requirement is past. 

I liked the Dolphins uniforms from 1997-2012. I wish Miami did the same thing the Bucs did with their redesign.

If the Dolphins were to do a redesign of their 1997-2012 uniforms, then at least we get these beautiful away uniforms again:

wtwseCngjtMG8RJW5MmK3Rf8384pq_KWI9hC1MPz7O9BFU_AnKWy1JDlAgb0dJ9RgusXsFcJC0BsvtAsmGCxVF0UspOqVFrua6-Ml2D6YHPICgGcNvT3M_5Uws5kxCbfrS2uC5OW

On 12/30/2021 at 4:49 PM, MJD7 said:

I’m curious: how do we feel in general about matching jerseys and pants, if the socks at least contrast?

In the case of the Ravens, I like that combo a lot, I’d even be happy with it being the team’s primary home combo.

As for the Bengals, I probably prefer black socks with that combo, since all of the other orange in the combo is paired with black stripes. The orange alternate jersey definitely benefits from having orange socks to pair with it, though.

Some other combos of matching jersey & pants with contrasting socks that I think could work:

• the Lions with blue jersey & pants but gray socks;
  • the Texans with red jersey & pants but navy socks; &
  • the Titans with light blue jersey & pants but navy socks.

I think my general rule is that monochrome can work in certain instances, as long as the helmet matches the socks. When the helmet is one color & the rest of the uniform is another, it looks unbalanced. Matching socks can help mitigate that.

I think that's the reason I'm not too bothered when the Colts and Dolphins do it. 

White over grey for Detroit. A clean, non offensive look, sure. But man, they  haven’t worn the blue pants since Week 7 in LA, which was a game they were surprisingly competitive in as heavy underdogs. Such an exciting look, but instead they’d rather look like the Cowboys and Raiders or wear plain white pajamas.

I'm sure that Pittsburgh would have no problem with Green Bay wearing different pants, and Green Bay would have no problem with Pittsburgh wearing different pants. 

I'm also sure that neither would have the slightest desire to change their own uniforms based on what the opponent is wearing.

If I were in charge of outfitting a team, my first consideration would be that my team looks as good as possible.  Any other consideration would be pretty small.

I think it’s more of an issue when two teams that don’t need to wear the same colors do, like the Eagles and Jets this season, or like the Bengals and Browns have done several times. Stefanski says he likes contrast but then his team wears orange pants in Cincinnati, for instance.

The Packers and Steelers both have great looks and don’t have as many options, so I don’t find it to be an issue for them when they have a rare matchup. But the Steelers could easily wear black Color Rush or GB could wear the new green throwback look to solve this issue.

Cincinnati looks awesome today. Orange over black is a great look for them.

Buffalo/Atlanta is a great matchup. White over black was my favorite look of their old set, and it holds up with their new one too.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived