2021 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVI

canzman

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Rockstar Matt said:

Holy **** the Bengals did it. Burrow and Chase are incredible. So much fun to watch.

I’m so glad they aren’t in the NFC lol.

Wrong thread.

6uXNWAo.png

1 hour ago, NFLfan10 said:

Saints finally wear gold pants at home and the Panthers decide to ruin it with white socks for the first time ever.

Technically they first wore white socks against Miami. Still ugly, still completely unnecessary. This team hasn't worn blue socks since Week 7 when they should be our only pair. What a joke.

the user formerly known as cdclt

The Chiefs vs Bengals and Rams vs Ravens were two of the worst looking games of the week. The games that were played were good though.

When KC and CIN play each other again next year, the Bengals should wear their black jerseys and not use orange socks. Assuming the game isn't a 1:00 game in the first two weeks.

9 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

Some of the Cowboys players are wearing navy socks with the CR alt and it looks amazing. It’s incredible what such a small change can do to a uniform.

Hopefully one day they'll pair the gray pants with the color rush jersey which would probably end up being their best uni combo overall

I'm half expecting the Eagles to bust out some bizarre combo on Saturday night, like all green (Which would look pretty nice IMO), or green tops and black pants, since their black pants are "lucky" (though I wouldn't want to temp fate in a game they don't need to win and will probably lose.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, BBTV said:

I'm half expecting the Eagles to bust out some bizarre combo on Saturday night, like all green (Which would look pretty nice IMO), or green tops and black pants, since their black pants are "lucky" (though I wouldn't want to temp fate in a game they don't need to win and will probably lose.)

I hate when teams beat a bunch of bad teams in a row when they happen to switch up their uniform and then consider it lucky.  It's happened with Philly's white on black look and Washington's white on white. Like let's see how lucky it is when you play actual contenders.

2 hours ago, BBTV said:

Funny thing is the Eagles haven't gone green jersey/green pants since 2002.  It'd be interesting but I'd expect nonsense of green jersey/black pants, which looks ugly.

On 12/19/2021 at 9:18 PM, gothedistance said:

I  want the Packers and Ravens to finish in the same place in 2022, so that they draw each other again in 2023. The Packers white tops and yellow pants vs the Ravens purple tops and white pants would've been a great looking game, and there's only a chance for that if they draw each other in two years, otherwise we have to wait another 8 years.

How do we know the pattern of the bonus interconference matchup? I'm still waiting to see which divisions meet next year. Just asking as a side note.

Now....to my main thought. I'm predicting Ravens in black/white vs Pittsburgh in white/yellow. I'm seeing this game is scheduled for 1pm, which isn't the best time of day to show off the black jerseys, but I feel the Ravens will wear this uniform combo just for the sake of it since it's the last one we haven't seen this season.

Ihmgl03.pngVZ6sbGD.png

1 hour ago, TheBigFiz21 said:

How do we know the pattern of the bonus interconference matchup? I'm still waiting to see which divisions meet next year. Just asking as a side note.

It's the same rotation as the regular cycle of interconference matchups. Next year is  the matchups from 2020 with the NFC as the home team.

The following matchups are already finalized and there isn't much to get excited about so far:

NYJ at SEA
MIA at SF

TEN at GB

JAC at DET

KC at TB

DEN at CAR

CIN at DAL

I'm convinced the league chose to start with 2019 this season so that there is at least a one year gap in between so that we don't get the same matchup two years in a row. Or they just wanted Rodgers and Mahomes to match up again (which is now 0 for 2).

Archived