2021 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVI

canzman

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, PlayGloria said:

Honesty, i disagree with all of that. The new blue is definitely better than the previous navy but still not perfect. 

I guess I see why people like "sol" but it is a few shades too bright for me. It's borderline highlighter yellow.

But the new horn is absolutely not an improvement in my book. The old horn was iconic. Literally top 3 most iconic helmets in the league no matter if it was blue/white, blue/yellow, blue/gold, red/white. And now that is gone. IMO that was the biggest travesty of this new set, and that is saying alot considering all of the other terrible decisions they made.

Same horn for 70 years. 70 YEARS. 

So frustrating they got rid of it. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

17 minutes ago, Pizzaman7294 said:

Same horn for 70 years. 70 YEARS. 

So frustrating they got rid of it. 

Helmet designs have changed more in the past 10 years than in the entire time that plastic shells replaced leather helmets.  The "old' horn decal just doesn't look great on all of the new models, and it's likely that it would just keep getting worse.  The broken / crescent moon horn absolutely sucks, but only because it's broken.  The shape is more practical for modern helmets than the old one. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

spacer.png

The old horn is just wonky and too thin. It takes an unnecessary sharp turn around the ear hole as well, skewing the shape.

The new horn at least corrects both of those into a more natural shape, albeit broken up into two segments. Nonetheless, it gets the job done right.

39 minutes ago, BBTV said:

Helmet designs have changed more in the past 10 years than in the entire time that plastic shells replaced leather helmets.  The "old' horn decal just doesn't look great on all of the new models, and it's likely that it would just keep getting worse.  The broken / crescent moon horn absolutely sucks, but only because it's broken.  The shape is more practical for modern helmets than the old one. 

6 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

spacer.png

The old horn is just wonky and too thin. It takes an unnecessary sharp turn around the ear hole as well, skewing the shape.

The new horn at least corrects both of those into a more natural shape, albeit broken up into two segments. Nonetheless, it gets the job done right.

I wonder if there’s a way to get the best of both? The more natural circular curve of the new helmet with that final “spiral” of the old helmet would be ideal, if possible. 

If that’s not possible with the nature of the spiral, then I’d be fine with the newer horn, so long as it was one continuous shape.

There’s something visually iconic and quintessentially “Rams” about the old horn, though, something that I think the new version just doesn’t retain in its current form.

There’s definitely a superstition to the performance the Bills have had this year with blue pants versus white pants. I’m not surprised they went white… blue is the better look but as a Bills fan I accept the superstition. Stick with white

6 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

spacer.png

I still think the new horn just looks like a crescent moon with exaggerated Panthers center stripes.

49 minutes ago, jp1409 said:

Considering their rivals signature looks, this :

A2A3RZ7B7VA3DLFRSJ67SNYLXQ.jpg

1193805922-850x560.jpeg

Is as bad as this :

Boston+Red+Sox+v+Los+Angeles+Angels+Anah

default.jpg?x=870175

The Bills dressed like this for years:

OkmhZTA&pid=ImgRaw&r=0

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived