2021 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVI

canzman

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, ramsjetsthunder said:

I'm fairly sure it's going to be Bone/Bone/Royal for the SB

I disagree. They have wore the Sol pants so far in the postseason and I think that will continue. In addition, I bet they ask the NFL for an exception and wear their modern throwback uniform with the white jersey. They did against the Patriots a few years ago. 

spacer.png

39 minutes ago, nuordr said:

I disagree. They have wore the Sol pants so far in the postseason and I think that will continue. In addition, I bet they ask the NFL for an exception and wear their modern throwback uniform with the white jersey. They did against the Patriots a few years ago. 

Can people stop bringing this up? The throwbacks were the primary home uniform that season.

spacer.png

5 hours ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

Can people stop bringing this up? The throwbacks were the primary home uniform that season.

spacer.png

The white horn helmets were so unnecessary when they moved. Didn't fit with anything they had. Before they switched to the throwbacks as a temporary primary color jersey, the white horn helmet over navy jersey was the worst look in the NFL and it was not even close

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

6 hours ago, nuordr said:

They would have needed to put in a waiver before the playoffs. How many more times do I have to say it?

47 minutes ago, dont care said:

They would have needed to put in a waiver before the playoffs. How many more times do I have to say it?

Maybe they already did and haven’t announced it because they haven’t qualified for the Super Bowl yet?

jersey-signature03.pngjersey-signature04.png

Can everyone maybe stop saying "modern throwback" when referring to the Rams' white alt jersey?  It's either modern or it's a throwback... can't be both.  If you look at it, it's just basically a white version of their blue jersey, and nobody would think to call that a modern throwback.

I guess you could say fauxback, if you really want to.

We have no idea what the Rams light uni for the playoffs are because they haven't worn them yet, so we don't know if an exemption was put in or not.

People in here arguing and using absolutes as if they know "for sure"... we don't know what we don't know...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

18 hours ago, dont care said:

I agree they would've, but we don't know if they did or not as they haven't been in a position to wear an away uniform yet. 

spacer.png

16 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Can everyone maybe stop saying "modern throwback" when referring to the Rams' white alt jersey?  It's either modern or it's a throwback... can't be both.  If you look at it, it's just basically a white version of their blue jersey, and nobody would think to call that a modern throwback.

I guess you could say fauxback, if you really want to.

Does it really matter what people like to call it as long as the point is getting across?  Besides that is the name that was given to that uniform combination when it was released

spacer.png

Just because the Rams used the term “modern throwback” doesn’t make it any less of an awkward term to use. “Modern” and “throwback” are contradictory to each other in the context of uniforms; you can’t make a brand new uniform and call it a throwback before it even hits the field, no matter how much inspiration it pulled.

“Modern interpretation of a throwback” makes much more sense, and that’s what the Rams should’ve said.

Pivoting back to the waiver talk - I’m really hoping by some grace the Rams did manage to get a waiver to wear the white alternates, or that the Bengals or Chiefs choose white for whatever reason. If the Rams wear bone anything in the Super Bowl of all games, I might throw up.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

4 minutes ago, HopewellJones said:

That is what they are saying. 

Don’t want to stretch this out further, but, 

“Modern Throwback” =/= “Modern interpretation of a throwback”

I know they’re trying to say the latter, but the choice of words they ran with, however slightly different, still means something else and is contradictory in and of itself. Copy writing matters.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

49 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

This will all be cleared up next year when the “modern throwback” gets promoted to road uniform and the bone uniform gets worn sparingly for the following 3 seasons until it’s completely phased out

I genuinely believe that this is a pipe dream for members on these boards. As far as I can tell, the team has given no indication that they regret their primary away uniform choice. The white alternate uniform was probably always in the plans.

Even though I’d love nothing more than for the Rams to blow everything up & start over once the 5 years are up, I’m not even sure if they’re gonna do that. One can only hope.

Archived