Minor/Independent/Collegiate League Baseball Logo/Uniform Changes

BigMac12

On 11/17/2023 at 10:10 AM, coco1997 said:

I agree with this. Just the penguin's face (a la the cartoon Oriole) or the "R" logo would make for a stronger cap logo. 

The R would work for maybe an alt cap, but this era of MiLB is strong with non-letter centric caps to open the appeal for branding in youth leagues, merchandising and sales nationwide.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, panthers_2012 said:

Frontier League newest team

Could be interesting

And here, on the opposite end of the spectrum from the Rome Emperors...

• LOL 2
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

5 minutes ago, GriffinM6 said:

Why the hell are there 2 H's in this name? I was always under the impression that it was spelled Chowda, not Chowdah.

I've seen plenty of places spell it with the H, too. Just seems to be a preference thing throughout New England (though personally, "chowdah" makes more sense since the word has an "r" at the end of it, like with "dollar" becoming "dollah").

On 11/16/2023 at 6:20 PM, Green27 said:

Wow, they absolutely crushed this. Fun word play, character-based, and great looking uniforms. 

I just saw this for the first time.  Wow - they killed it.  While I don't necessarily love the marks they chose for the jerseys and hats, they're in line with the aesthetic of MiLB.

The logos and overall identity - outstanding.  Just outstanding.  The penguin with toga and laurel?  Brilliant.  Hell - just going with an emperor penguin was brilliant.  The "column R", while it may have scaling issues, is fantastic.  Love this.

Any one know if it's a Bosack?  Guessing Joe or Simon.  Too good to be some of the other big players.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

54 minutes ago, BBTV said:

I just saw this for the first time.  Wow - they killed it.  While I don't necessarily love the marks they chose for the jerseys and hats, they're in line with the aesthetic of MiLB.

The logos and overall identity - outstanding.  Just outstanding.  The penguin with toga and laurel?  Brilliant.  Hell - just going with an emperor penguin was brilliant.  The "column R", while it may have scaling issues, is fantastic.  Love this.

Any one know if it's a Bosack?  Guessing Joe or Simon.  Too good to be some of the other big players.

Studio Simon

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ORLMagic86 said:

Although I am not a fan of Dan Simon, there is no denying his studio produces excellent work. Brandiose's work is simply too goofy for my tastes.

Am I missing something here about reasons to not like Dan? Granted this was ten plus years ago now, but he was always really gracious offering critics on my work when I was just a high school student and he was one of the biggest things in sports branding. This might not really be the place to discuss but just wanted to offer that my experience with Dan has been great.

On 11/16/2023 at 6:20 PM, Green27 said:

Wow, they absolutely crushed this. Fun word play, character-based, and great looking uniforms. 

This leaves Double-A Mississippi as the only holdout in the Braves' system with the same name as the MLB team. Really looking forward to that change.

Also leaves St. Louis affiliate Springfield as the only Double-A team left with the same name. Do the right thing.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, mattwillcox said:

Am I missing something here about reasons to not like Dan? Granted this was ten plus years ago now, but he was always really gracious offering critics on my work when I was just a high school student and he was one of the biggest things in sports branding. This might not really be the place to discuss but just wanted to offer that my experience with Dan has been great.

12 hours ago, McCall said:

Why?🤨

I'm not saying he's a bad person, but I had a negative experience with him earlier this year. My friends and I run an amateur football team, and we discussed having Dan design a logo for us. Because one of my friends is well-off, the cost would not have been an issue. Anyway, I emailed Dan about our team and asked if he could design a logo for us. He responded a week later, saying that while he has worked with amateur and semi-pro teams, we couldn't afford him. I'm not going to lie, that surprised me. The price and budget were never discussed, and the guy assumed we couldn't afford his services. I emailed him back and asked why he thought we couldn't afford him, but he never responded.

We ended up hiring another designer, Skye Dillon, who was extremely gracious and kind throughout the entire process. Yes, it's unfortunate that my experience with Dan was anything but positive, but that's life. 🤷

2 hours ago, ORLMagic86 said:

I'm not saying he's a bad person, but I had a negative experience with him earlier this year. My friends and I run an amateur football team, and we discussed having Dan design a logo for us. Because one of my friends is well-off, the cost would not have been an issue. Anyway, I emailed Dan about our team and asked if he could design a logo for us. He responded a week later, saying that while he has worked with amateur and semi-pro teams, we couldn't afford him. I'm not going to lie, that surprised me. The price and budget were never discussed, and the guy assumed we couldn't afford his services. I emailed him back and asked why he thought we couldn't afford him, but he never responded.

We ended up hiring another designer, Skye Dillon, who was extremely gracious and kind throughout the entire process. Yes, it's unfortunate that my experience with Dan was anything but positive, but that's life. 🤷

I'm only joining in to second that Skye is incredibly kind and generous with his time. Great guy who does awesome work.

• Like 1

BannerLogos.jpg

SF4.gif

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Sykotyk said:

Also, the Pioneer League's Missoula PaddleHeads have an alternative identity that is the PowderHeads:

Twitter_Photo_Posting.png?max_width=1920

"Powderheads," huh?

scar-face-tony-montana.gif

13 minutes ago, Sykotyk said:

Ballers_cover_green1.png?max_width=1920&

https://www.pioneerleague.com/sports/bsb/2023/releases/20231128g5j6bw

Pioneer League adding the Oakland Ballers for 2024. A bit outside their footprint, but it is what it is.

Yeesh, that "B" is hideous. Why not just go with a stylized Old English "B"?

• Like 2
  • LOL 2